Yakuza spin-off Judge Eyes (Judgement) pulled from sale

One of the games actors got caught using hard drugs and is looking at potential jail time as Japan is very strict on drugs.

Sega pulled all digital and physical copies until this is addressed. You can still pick up copies off eBay (which I did) or from other third party sites.

No mention on if the western version called Judgement will still release.

This is so stupid.

Why do the customers have to suffer for something like this?

Why not cut his payment or patch him out of the credits or something?

Hopefully this will not effect the western release :(

This^

Why should gamers have to suffer, because 1 person did something stupid? If Sega are that scared about the potential impact on sales, then either replace the actor's name with an alias or scrub him from the Credits entirely and pretend he doesn't exist.

That's not the first time they're doing something like that.

In Yakuza 4, Tanimura was a popular character that never appeared again in any of the following games. The reason for that were allegations of drug abuse against the voice actor (who also looked similar to the character).

Later, he was found not guilty, but he stopped voice acting due to what happened. That's also the reason they changed his look and voice actor completely for the Yakuza 4 Remaster on PS4.

Still, not happy with their move.. Was looking forward to that game.

That's not the first time they're doing something like that.

In Yakuza 4, Tanimura was a popular character that never appeared again in any of the following games. The reason for that were allegations of drug abuse against the voice actor (who also looked similar to the character).

Later, he was found not guilty, but he stopped voice acting due to what happened. That's also the reason they changed his look and voice actor completely for the Yakuza 4 Remaster on PS4.

Still, not happy with their move.. Was looking forward to that game.

Yeah, I remember that.

I can see them patching the likeness of the actor out of Judgment among other things. But why then stop the distribution entirely, which hurts SEGA more than the idiotic actor.

I can see them patching the likeness of the actor out of Judgment among other things. But why then stop the distribution entirely, which hurts SEGA more than the idiotic actor.

Since this game basically just came out it would be damaging to Sega as well if they didn't do something about it right away because of how stigmatized drug use is in Japan. Not like Yakuza 4 where the allegations against the VA happened years after so they could just leave it. That's why I'm thinking they'll want to get everything re-recorded/replaced as soon as they can, so hopefully shouldn't end up affecting the timing of the western release.

Japan is very silly when it comes to that. Its still a non-violent crime and i don't think it should be enough of a deal to pull out a game. If he had been caugh as being a distributor and selling to children would had been another thing, but using drugs himself just for his recreational use is harmless to anybody but him. So i find it silly really.