These mini games are brutal

icydeadbolt

• 2 weeks later...
Hehe no problem. I sometimes messed up the ones where you have to flame the food. Was 2 fast :whistle:

I'm at least happy to say that after not playing for a week due to life things coming up, I have managed to finally open that damn egg perfectly and got the trophy.

Oh and Verum Rex too. Don't know how I pulled that one off so quickly.

So, just frozen slider and the San Fransokyo ones left then.

Square likes to make us angry adding those stupid useless and frustrating mini games to every game they release.

It has total no relation to the story, totally different playing style, difficult to get used to and takes us to absolutely NOTHING besides of getting un specific trophy which should never even be there.

Then after you practice and get used to it, you will never use that ability you spent HOURS training ever again coz it`s so specific.

Edited by Clara

Just save your game, try the recipe. If you fail you can reload your save and try again :p

I know this will sound a lot dumb, but I swear I AM NOT :p

How do you reload the game?

I tried to find this option on menu, pause, main menu... but couldn`t find it.

So I'm like closing my app and then starting it again to reload my last saved game. TT

I know this will sound a lot dumb, but I swear I AM NOT :p

How do you reload the game?

I tried to find this option on menu, pause, main menu... but couldn`t find it.

So I'm like closing my app and then starting it again to reload my last saved game. TT

Find any save point, press triangle and the option to return to the title screen is only there.

Just make sure you press load game and not continue, because it does a quick save after you leave the bistro.

Just make sure you press load game and not continue, because it does a quick save after you leave the bistro.

I would also like to add that if you're gonna do this, you can also do it in world map. If you failed to cook, you can go back to select title screen straight away. Also it takes much shorter time to load in world map than in any other world, as there are no assets to be loaded. So you can keep repeating the process in a much shorter time.

For the Frozen one, I did it the first time I decided to stick to the rails. You can double jump so it's pretty easy to jump on a rail near the start and stay on them until right by the end. You'll get enough gems, plus time bonus, plus a pretty much guaranteed no damage bonus, that you'll have at least the target score. My two initial attempts, I stuck to the ground and only got about 260,000.

I'm dreading Verum Rex. The way in which you need to keep the combo going the whole time is the same as RE Mercenaries and I absolutely hate that mode. Same as the two Big Hero 6 ones, I'm so bad at anything where you have to move quickly while also hitting certain points like rings or whatever. The one you do in the story took me 5 minutes...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For me, all the minigames were a pain as well, After awhile with most of the games, I got used to them. I really got lucky with the Verum Rex one but I was on for a few hours b4 i got it. Not so much with the Flan ones but still I got used 2 it that i did the highscores a few times 4 more ingedients 4 the excellent recipes nd thats where I am stuck. I got the 1st 4 egg cracking recipes, but I can't 4 the life of me get the excellent on the the last 2 egg cracking recipes on the special dishes. Its those last 2 b4 I get the trophy for excellent on all recipes. I literally feel like crying, lol.

Edited by DAceman25

For me, all the minigames were a pain as well, After awhile with most of the games, I got used to them. I really got lucky with the Verum Rex one but I was on for a few hours b4 i got it. Not so much with the Flan ones but still I got used 2 it that i did the highscores a few times 4 more ingedients 4 the excellent recipes nd thats where I am stuck. I got the 1st 4 egg cracking recipes, but I can't 4 the life of me get the excellent on the the last 2 egg cracking recipes on the special dishes. Its those last 2 b4 I get the trophy for excellent on all recipes. I literally feel like crying, lol.

I feel you. That last egg game was a nightmare. I got lucky once I decided it would be easier to just keep loading the save when I failed.

Finally got it nd the plat. I got the feeling 4 the egg cracking the very next day. FINALLY!!! :yay::dance:

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...