mmm...Brains cheat does NOT disable ANY trophy (Gray Matters)

Flashback Humour

Just thought I'd put out a bit of extra info, (seeing as there as some misconceptions around);

You can use the mmmm...brains cheat and still get the "Gray Matters" trophy, however any DNA gained from the cheat, will not be counted towards the 50'000 DNA goal. So just keep track of how much extra DNA you give yourself, and track your progress accordingly

Also, progress can be made across multiple save-files. I previously thought I had screwed myself over by using this cheat, so started a new game to start grinding 'cheat-free', and then the trophy popped at ~5'000 DNA.

• 1 year later...
Just thought I'd put out a bit of extra info, (seeing as there as some misconceptions around);

You can use the mmmm...brains cheat and still get the "Gray Matters" trophy, however any DNA gained from the cheat, will not be counted towards the 50'000 DNA goal. So just keep track of how much extra DNA you give yourself, and track your progress accordingly

Can anyone else confirm this and also explain to me why the guide on PSNProfiles explicitly states to NEVER use this cheat code? I think this is BS to be honest. The trophy itself even says it in the title: Collect a total of 50,000 DNA WITHOUT using the Mmm… Brains! Cheat.

Also, progress can be made across multiple save-files. I previously thought I had screwed myself over by using this cheat, so started a new game to start grinding 'cheat-free', and then the trophy popped at ~5'000 DNA.

Well, yeah, of course it popped. You started a new game without the cheat!

Edited by TacoNinja

Can anyone else confirm this and also explain to me why the guide on PSNProfiles explicitly states to NEVER use this cheat code? I think this is BS to be honest. The trophy itself even says it in the title: Collect a total of 50,000 DNA WITHOUT using the Mmm… Brains! Cheat.

Read another comment on PSNP about this...

“The game does NOT shut off trophies if you use [cheats].

Additionally, the Mmm... Brains! cheat does not disable the Gray Matter trophy, but the DNA gained from the cheat does not count towards the trophy. Meaning that you still have to collect the 50,000 DNA.”

Having not played the game, I cant say with certainty but... It sounds like the cheat doesn’t disable the trophy but it would make it significantly more difficult to know how much DNA you have gained that wasn’t from the cheat? If that makes sense?

• 5 months later...
Read another comment on PSNP about this...

“The game does NOT shut off trophies if you use [cheats].

Additionally, the Mmm... Brains! cheat does not disable the Gray Matter trophy, but the DNA gained from the cheat does not count towards the trophy. Meaning that you still have to collect the 50,000 DNA.”

Having not played the game, I cant say with certainty but... It sounds like the cheat doesn’t disable the trophy but it would make it significantly more difficult to know how much DNA you have gained that wasn’t from the cheat? If that makes sense?

Well you just may wite down on a paper the dna before and after the cheat code :p

But besides that, anyone knows a good farming spot for the 50k?

• 1 year later...

Late to the party, but I did the Rockwell BBQ mission in Rockwell to grind out the remaining DNA needed. Kill 20 cows in 1 minute, earning 300 DNA. Took maybe 60-90 minutes to grind it out.

Some lazy math... you need about 21k DNA to get all the upgrades. You'll need 29k additional to reach 50k. It takes about 1 minute to complete the challenge and get back to the starting point of the mission. That's 300 DNA per minute. 29k DNA needed divided by 300 DNA per minute ~= 97 minutes.