Platinum Difficulty Rating

funkyweed

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

• 3 weeks later...

I give this a 4, it could have even gone for a 3.

I think the challenges difficulties were overrated. I platted this in 3 days and rarely played it. I think the most i played was 3 hours on a day as i was mainly playing V8 Racers. One of the easiest and quickest plats around. Could be done in a whole day if you had a booster.

• 2 weeks later...
Im giving this a solid 8. Every event that i have got a gold in so far, has taken me 20-30 tries. awesome game. I love it but its hard, thos edamn aerial challenges wow, i cannot keep the analog sticks on the lines eh.

With the aerial challenges get someone else to control the other analogue stick, makes these challenges as easy as most the others.

Only ones I found hard were do not touch and lap it up

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I gave it a 4 myself. Most of the game isn't very hard, and you'll fly through 90% of the trophies with a little bit of practice on each event. The only trophies that I thought really make you work for the platinum are Head To Head, Do Not Touch and Lap It Up. Those 3 will take about an hour each. I actually found Smashing Snowmen quite simple.

Overall I think I used about 8-10 hours getting this platinum. Easiest plat out of the 20-odd PS3 games I've played.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I still need just Lap it up... I'm only patient enough to play it about 5 or 6 times before I feel like throwing the control at the wall.

The annoying thing is that this game is actual pretty good fun, and I enjoyed doing the aerial challenges by myself (and I was pretty good at them). The Lap it up challenge is just ridiculous... I'm always just a whisker away from that bloody trophy grrr.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

6/10

As everyone has said 2 of the challenges - lap it up / do not touch leave little margin for error. They made me give up on getting this platinum after spending alot of time on them last year.

Decided to have another go at them, using youtube videos for inspiration..... lol

Lap it up took me well over 2 hours till I got it right.

Do not touch took a intense 30 mins sitting as near as possible to the tv whilst gripping my pad as tight as I could. My heart was F###### pounding as I crossed the finish...

then the Platinum popped (#67).

At last its over and I can sell it back on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I've still not got the plat for this. Lap It Up is stopping me :(

Strangely enough, I got Do Not Touch on my second attempt (and I was actually not going for it).

It goes to show that difficulty can be extremely subjective - but I can see why it's a hard trophy, as you can't see the sides clearly enough to know not to touch them.

• 6 years later...

Voted a 6, simply because some of the challenges are super vague and the controls clunky enough to make you wonder what you're doing wrong. Some are luck-based, and some competitions super tough to beat. Not exactly your easy plat out there, so I don't understand the 2 and 3 ratings up top.

• 6 months later...