1. 1. Rate the Platinum Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I gave it a 4/10. I played Leon and Claire A/B scenario's on Assisted difficulty but without the DLC infinite weapons, and learning what was going on and where I needed to go took me a long time.

Once I tried Claire B on standard difficulty I struggled A LOT and that's when I bought the infinite weapons. What a game-changer that rocket launcher turned out to be! From that point onwards; most of the game was easy peasy. Lots more FUN and lots less STRUGGLING. I almost never buy help packs and stuff, but I did it for Res 2 and I don't regret it one little bit. Well worth the $6.99 I paid for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought the game at launch and at the time, RE2 was way more challenging, especially on Hardcore difficulty. However, nowadays, you can just buy the Infinite Rocket Launcher for less than $5 and coast through the game regardless of difficulty.

The only challenge becomes planning your route for less than 14,000 steps and the "No Item Box Run" (which you can just do on Easy/Assisted difficulty).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Voted 5. Challeging at times, but overall manageable. Hunk's trophy gave me a little headache, but after 6 tries i managed to pull it off.

With the DLC I imagine this could be a 2/10. I bought it and used it on my no heal run, just for fun, and hell, it completely destroys any challenge in the game.

Edited by Gildo1993

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll be generous, and give it a 6/10 (including Ghost Survivors). While the Hardcore runs and Survivor modes can be a bit tricky, it's nothing too strenuous for series veterans. Most trophies can be earned on Assisted mode.

Due to the difficulty adjust system and seemingly random limb durability on zombies, some enemies can absorb a ludicrous amount of punishment. Engaging in too much combat only makes the game harder, so stun or knock down baddies with a 1-3 shots, and jog on by. The exception is Leon's shotgun, since it can so easily remove problematic undead with a point-blank headshot, and you find plenty of ammo for it—his scenarios are probably the easiest as a result.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I voted a 4 as it's really up to the player how tough they want the experience to be:

Do every trophy legit, no infinite ammo / unlockable weapons = 8 or 9 / 10

Follow the guide and use a mix of ammo / unlockable weapons depending on your playthrough = 4 or 5 / 10

Using the DLC / unlockable weapons and infinite ammo exclusively (except for 'Minimalist') = 2 / 10