Blizzard quietly confirms another LGBTQ Overwatch hero

While everyone waiting for the new Balance Patch to hit PTR this week as teased by Jeff. Blizzard released a new story about Solider 76 and Ana. It can be read here: LINK

It seems to confirms that Soldier: 76 is the 2nd LGBTQ character in the Overwatch. The first being Tracer who was revealed like two years ago.

Evidence is from this quote:

“Vincent… I haven’t thought about him in years,” Ana said. “Still keeping a candle lit for him?”

Jack shook his head. “Nothing like that.”

“You’ve never looked in on him? You must have been curious. All the surveillance power in the world. I bet Gabe would have put a Blackwatch agent on him if you asked,” Ana said.

Jack glared at her.

“Okay, touchy subject.”

Jack laughed. “He got married. They’re very happy. I’m happy for him.”

“Vincent deserved a happier life than the one I could give him.” Jack sighed. “We both knew that I could never put anything above my duty. Everything I fought for was to protect people like him… That’s the sacrifice I made.”

“Relationships don’t work out so well for us, do they?” Ana said, unconsciously running her thumb over where her wedding ring used to be.

Article

Edit: On a side note, this was the surprise that Jeff was talking about in his post about the upcoming balance patch. When he says "Also, there’s another cool little surprise coming next week. Excited!"

Edit 2: Yep, confirmed to be gay by lead writer: Twitter

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden
Confirmed