Sellers

Rate the Platinum Difficulty  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Platinum Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i.imgur.com/qh2g7UB.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

I would vote 3.5 if it was possible, but I'm giving it a 3, and I'm not even very good at gaming in general.

There are a few stunts that are a little tricky but not as hard as the JC3 wingsuit challenges. Some of the vehicle challenges are tricky, you have to get creative with the different tethers. There is no difficulty setting and some of the missions can get a little rough. Finding every location would be a pretty tough without a guide, luckily there is at least one video on youtube that can help. Grinding to max chaos army level isn't too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted 3.

Some of the challenges will take a couple of attempts and resourcefulness, but as the previous poster states, they are nowhere near as hard as the wingsuit challenges in JC3. I nailed the trickiest wingsuit challenges with a couple of attempts while it took me days to nail two of them in JC3.

For all locations I recommend to to download a map (like: http://www.ps4trophiesgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Just-Cause-4-Locations.jpg), open it up in paint/photo editor and check them off one by one.

There rest is just easy peasy, and a little bit time consuming.

• 4 weeks later...

3/10. Missions and side missions are very easy, there are checkpoints everywhere even if you die. Some vehicle stunts are tricky and will require a strategic use of the different grappling hooks, most of the speed stunts can easily be done with helicopters and the wingsuit stunts are very easy.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The base game is a nice, simple 3. Nothing will cause any issues. The DLC is probably a 4 overall with Danger Rising being the most frustrating due to the hoverboard races, some of which will cause a headache until you nail the perfect run. Doesn't help when the game is quite buggy at times. DR is a 5 and the rest of the DLC is a 3 or 4. Still nothing too bad and much less frustrating than some of the wingsuit challenges from JC3.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

3/10

Not a difficult game but I considered it completely tedious and boring. I started JC4 in January and put it down because it was such a disappointment compared to JC3. I finally managed the perserverence to finish it. The most fun I had with JC4 was deleting it yesterday FOREVER.

Edited by Pally01

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Voted 3/10... nothing really too hard, just very grindy - slightly more grindier than JC3 though definitely not as hard.

The Skystriker Weaponised Wingsuit (the equivalent of JC3's Bavarium Wingsuit) is a must if you want to make your life easier. The Black Market DLC (which includes the rocket wingsuit) usually goes on sale quite often so make sure to keep a keen eye on that if you're planning to play this game in the future. You gotta have a new mindset when playing JC4 as the usual method when conquering areas has dramatically changed, no longer dependent on blowing up bases' gas storage units, silos, sattelite dishes, communication towers and stuff. 

I didn't go out of the way to farm chaos points to reach Level 14, just fought enemies I come across in skirmishes along the way as I went about discovering the new locations/areas. Got the (S) A Whole Army of Chaos trophy quite early in the game - same time as earning (B) Wanderlust (discovering 50% of locations) which means I can just ignore fighting the Black Hand and focus more on the grindy trophy - (G) Been Around The World - and that's a whooping 250 locations mind you!

Made the Demon Crossbow my main weapon which is quite over-powered doing easy one-shot kills on 99% of enemy types... that is if you've mastered how to aim and fire quick with the weapon. Works wonders dealing with the agents if you've went further in the game completing the DLCs.

Compared to Just Cause 3 this one was a lot more easier especially in terms of the challenges - NO more (S) All The Gears trophy... none of that Laguna Blast headaches... no overly complicated wingsuit challenges (where you have to pass through buildings via small windows) like before.  Thankfully we don't have to do those silly Acrobatic Stunts or any of those purple-icon challenges (added later with the DLCs) for trophies - which are really quite difficult to pull-off (almost as if the devs did this on purpose just to piss-take and troll the bejeezus out of us then let out a demonic laughter as they read all that bitching players leave on the internet for their entertainment). Overall the road to the platinum wasn't too bad. However if we're talking about the DLCs and 100% competion of the game then that's a different story - difficulty spikes up a lot from there.

Spoiler

Los Demonios DLC (4/10) - can be quite overwhelming the first time you encounter it until you device a good strategy. Always take out the 'giant tendrils' first as these buggers do cheap attacks and will spam you with cannon/tank/rocket fire depending on what Black Hand Weaponised Vehicle's attached to them.  Take them out with the AT7 RPG from a distance (usually available in weapon crates) and once gone switch back to another weapon of your choice preferrably one with a bigger ammo capacity and faster firing rate.

The DA 9.3 Lightning Gun is the best weapon to easily get rid of the regular demons. For the demons with kidnapped/possesed Black Hand troops however may need to be taken down with an MG, an assault rifle or the PBX Auto-Slug 4. I also like having the LRD-3 Sniper which has homing missiles for its secondary fire, works great when aiming for the giant tendrils and the mini-boss pod from a far distance avoiding most of the demons. 

Danger Rising DLC (5/10) - defeating the subs is pretty much straightforward and it almost feels like the original Just Cause game mechanic of blowing up a certain number of assets to conquer the area. I pretty much used the Demon Crossbow here and not so much on the DLCs new weapons as the crossbow can do one-shot kills when hitting the bullseye on the enemies.  What makes this DLC a bit harder is that one trophy - (S)  Hover and Die (complete all Agency Hoverboard Courses under 20 seconds or less).  It's obviously very doable as quite a lot of folks have earned it but most attempts will require you to do a lot of retries/restarts. You have to condition your brain to play the buttons right as toggling between the hoverboard to the parachute and then to the wingsuit ain't a walk in the park and requires quick reflexes and a lot of skill, making it so easy to mess up your run.  However a little good feature would be the ability to restart the challenge right away without waiting for the timer to finish. It's one of those aneurism-enducing time attack trophies... now you've been warned.

Dare Devils of Destruction (7/10) - still in the process of completion but the S-Ranks in all challenges trophy will surely be a bitch to complete. I'd reckon much more annoying and frustrating than the hoverboard challenge...

Spoiler

My playthrough/rant: This piece-of-shit of a DLC is indeed a pile of Jurassic dung. For starters Avalanche studios don't know crap on how to properly code vehicles in an open world game - be it planes, boats, cars and tanks and this goes as far back as Just Cause 3 and Mad Max... In my many many years of gaming absolutely no other game developer for open world games has so far matched, surpassed or have even beaten the absolute fucking superiority of Rockstar North when it comes to vehicles and the way they drive. This DLC is about challenges using weaponised vehicles so now you can have an idea on what you'd be putting yourself into - a whole world of hurt.

You can cheese your way into S-Ranking the Rampage and Survival challenges with the A5 Coyote Assault Chopper as it also counts as a vehicle. With perhaps just a couple of restarts and the ocassional jackpot for getting S-Rank on your first try, flying the assault chopper (awarded for completing Danger Rising DLCs USS Visionary location) seems to be the best way in dealing with them UNTIL you start doing the Run time-attack challenges, a point-to-point race where you shoot and blow-up shit for points while also to maintaining a combo-chain to keep earning double chaos points, believe me its harder than it sounds. They're not for everyone I know, so if you're not into these sort of challenges then you should avoid this DLC... you've been warned... again!

... For the life of me, I just couldn't get myself to do this and so my teenage daughter stepped in... and... WTAF she got them in 1-3 tries on a vehicle that I disliked using for the Run challenges - the Verdeleon S equipped with a mounted shotgun. I don't know how she did it but I'm glad she did. She rates it 3/10... show-off. She said she likes blowing-up things, that's what inspired her, so I'm not really sure if I should be happy knowing something like that gives her the kicks. XD 

Edited by Naps
v1.10 added difficulty rating for DLCs... final insights.

• 6 months later...

Just Cause 4 platinum difficulty (with guides) 3

Just Cause 4 platinum difficulty (without guides) 7

Those purple stunt challenges were probably not programed into the game yet when the trophy guide was created on this website and on psnprofiles. It's probably the reason why neither trophy guide mentions them. It's also the reason why I'm so pissed I could rip 2 phone books in half with my feet because I did a bunch of those godforsaken stunts without realizing that they didn't count towards anything. SMH..

Do phone books still exist?

The orange stunt challenges though, pretty much all of them, were very easy. PHEW!.. On the whole this game was much easier than its predecessors (I think) but by far the most boring. The trophy list in this one was more about doing everything rather than doing oddly specific shit like strapping jet boosters onto an enemy soldier, switching on said jet boosters and then shooting said jet boosted enemy out of the sky with a SAM. Also, finding all those locations on the map without a guide would have been pure unadulterated hell. Spiritual torment, if you will.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...