What's the best way to level 50 solo/non boosting?

dompa

I havent really kept up to date with the mp with this game as ive taken a break from the game completely but i thought i would atleast start my grind towards level 50 now. But where do i begin? Whats the best way to reach 50. Most preferably solo and not in any boosting session. I dont mind if its grindy or anything but as long as i can go about it alone and my own way without playing with or against other im happy. Is it just to complete the main missions of the online campaign? Or should i go to the differrent series to grind?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few methods to choose from. The one i did was i got 3-4 awards up to 1 below the requirement of either bronze or silver. For example total kills silver medal is 500 kills. I got it up to 499. Then another award is pick 75 herbs. I got it up to 74. Another one i did was total animal kills 100. I got it up to 99.

So what you do when you have these awards 1 below the requirement, you quickly complete them. And when you do complete them, you get awarded bonus xp because you hit a milestone. Then quickly close the application and restart the game. When you join back into the game, the xp for hitting the milsetone will still have been awarded, most importantly the awards will still be 1 below the requirement. So you can keep doing it over and over and over again and constantly earn the milsetone xp. It’s best to choose awards that are easy to do and you can group some together. For example you could combine total kills and hip fire kills. That’s 2 in 1.

That’s the methhod i used. And the method i found the best for earning xp fast. Just as a note though, don’t do it 1 below a gold medal because for some reason it doesn’t work. Do it on either bronze or silver. A bronze milestone gives you 150xp and a silver milestone gives you 200xp. So if you have 3-4 awards each time, it can give you 600-700xp for every time you do it.

Edited by Radford999

Currently I have combined "500 animal kills" with "kill 2 animals in a single blast". Both silvers, netting 400xp each run.

Also you don;t need to restart the application, I simply disconnect the cable from the router, and when the connection error is shown, reconnect the cable and continue with game. Saves some time.

Any suggestions what more milestones I can combine with the above stated milestones to increase the XP earning?

Currently I have combined "500 animal kills" with "kill 2 animals in a single blast". Both silvers, netting 400xp each run.

Also you don;t need to restart the application, I simply disconnect the cable from the router, and when the connection error is shown, reconnect the cable and continue with game. Saves some time.

Any suggestions what more milestones I can combine with the above stated milestones to increase the XP earning?

Collect animal parts maybe? I did that. I killed an animal and skinned it to combine the two. You could also sell a herb to a shop. Sell meat to the butcher. Anything really.

Edit: Just thought, you can’t do the animal parts one because that would mean killing another animal lol. Try the selling to shops/butcher one.

Collect animal parts maybe? I did that. I killed an animal and skinned it to combine the two. You could also sell a herb to a shop. Sell meat to the butcher. Anything really.

Edit: Just thought, you can’t do the animal parts one because that would mean killing another animal lol. Try the selling to shops/butcher one.

Had already sold to butcher more than 500 times. But selling herbs that I can do.

Hope it doesn't stick even after the whole duration of selling herbs and killing two animals in a blast.

I reached level 20 with this method and I disconnected as soon as I got the XP. Reloaded the game only to find that I didn't get the treasure map I was supposed to get on reaching level 20.

Any ideas?

So you had time to sell a herb and then go running around trying to find two animals to blow up? Are there any medical stores close to a river or lake where a lot of fish will be?

Or I guess you're just running out the store and hoping to blow up a couple of horses?

Not sure how long it takes but you should have the mail icon highlighted on the map as that is where you collect the treasure map.

Edited by AshtimusPrime

nice info rdford! so, does it seem like rockstar will do a character reset when the beta officially ends? finally just about done w/ all sp stuff and looking to get online.

Surely they cant do that? That would be a big fuc you to all people playing the game. I think i even read something about them saying that levels wont be reset or something. Nah should be safe to start.

There are a few methods to choose from. The one i did was i got 3-4 awards up to 1 below the requirement of either bronze or silver. For example total kills silver medal is 500 kills. I got it up to 499. Then another award is pick 75 herbs. I got it up to 74. Another one i did was total animal kills 100. I got it up to 99.

So what you do when you have these awards 1 below the requirement, you quickly complete them. And when you do complete them, you get awarded bonus xp because you hit a milestone. Then quickly close the application and restart the game. When you join back into the game, the xp for hitting the milsetone will still have been awarded, most importantly the awards will still be 1 below the requirement. So you can keep doing it over and over and over again and constantly earn the milsetone xp. It’s best to choose awards that are easy to do and you can group some together. For example you could combine total kills and hip fire kills. That’s 2 in 1.

That’s the methhod i used. And the method i found the best for earning xp fast. Just as a note though, don’t do it 1 below a gold medal because for some reason it doesn’t work. Do it on either bronze or silver. A bronze milestone gives you 150xp and a silver milestone gives you 200xp. So if you have 3-4 awards each time, it can give you 600-700xp for every time you do it.

Thanks! Good explanation i read something about this method but didnt understand what it was all about. Think this will be aptched soon? Or would rockstar somehow consider this cheating if they can even find out people are doing it, and banning people?

Also when you say quickly close the application, how quick do you need to be? Is it to avoid some auto save or something? Like quit right away or can it be a minute or something.

Edited by dompa

I had in the end 4 awards that i did. Total kills, hip fire kills, sell a herb to a shop and kill an animal. It was really easy to do. I would spawn outside valentine, quickly kill a nearby animal, go into the doctors to sell a herb, then shoot a random stranger outside to trigger to law. Then hip fire the law. Done. It was really quick and easy to do.

So you had time to sell a herb and then go running around trying to find two animals to blow up? Are there any medical stores close to a river or lake where a lot of fish will be?

Or I guess you're just running out the store and hoping to blow up a couple of horses?

Not sure how long it takes but you should have the mail icon highlighted on the map as that is where you collect the treasure map.

I did it in valentine. I would steal a two horse coach and park it in the church right next to doctor.

Then sell herb to doctor, buy something from doctor(for 500 dollar spent milestone), then go outside to the parked coach and blast the two horses getting the 500 animal kills and 2 animals killed in single blast.

But somehow the 500 dollar spent one didn't reset once, so currently doing the other 3 in one go for 600xp per run.

Surely they cant do that? That would be a big fuc you to all people playing the game. I think i even read something about them saying that levels wont be reset or something. Nah should be safe to start.

Thanks! Good explanation i read something about this method but didnt understand what it was all about. Think this will be aptched soon? Or would rockstar somehow consider this cheating if they can even find out people are doing it, and banning people?

Also when you say quickly close the application, how quick do you need to be? Is it to avoid some auto save or something? Like quit right away or can it be a minute or something.

Yeah to avoid an autosave. But then again i don’t think it matters how quick you do it because you have just completed other awards before and it didn’t autosave.

I would try and do it as quick as possible though. I think if you spend way too much time the game will autosave. Don’t do stuff in between either. Like if you need ammo, purchase some ammo, then make a save. Maybe complete a stranger mission or something to save it. Then close the game and carry on.

Don’t get worried either if you complete some of these and it saves by mistake. There are loads of other awards you can go for instead.

do you think it would be worthwhile only boosting the sell 75 herbs to a doctor and the bronze or silver requirement for selling stuff to a butcher?

75 herbs gives 200xp and butcher silver one also 200xp, so 400xp per run isn't bad.

See if you could combine one more silver, 600xp per run is great.

75 herbs gives 200xp and butcher silver one also 200xp, so 400xp per run isn't bad.

See if you could combine one more silver, 600xp per run is great.

what do you think something nice would be to combine with those? i was figuring the herb selling and butcher selling would be nice cuz you coudl stock it up and essentially reload and immediately sell straight away.

what do you think something nice would be to combine with those? i was figuring the herb selling and butcher selling would be nice cuz you coudl stock it up and essentially reload and immediately sell straight away.

You can combine them with "$500 spent in store", get your total spending to $499, then sell the herbs, sell to butcher and buy the cheapest thing from any one off butcher or doctor.

The only downside is that this milestone would prove to be costly. Cheapest thing at doctor is $1.50 horse medicine, don;t know about butcher.

Also the animal kills and flying birds kills are pretty easy too.

You can combine them with "$500 spent in store", get your total spending to $499, then sell the herbs, sell to butcher and buy the cheapest thing from any one off butcher or doctor.

The only downside is that this milestone would prove to be costly. Cheapest thing at doctor is $1.50 horse medicine, don;t know about butcher.

Also the animal kills and flying birds kills are pretty easy too.

maybe i'll combine it with an animal kill, because i have fucking 25 bucks to my name or something wank.

I dont get this method. How can you avoid a autosave when you level up? It worked fine but then i leveld up to 12. And all of a sudden 100 animal kills and 100 animal parts was completed when i booted back the game.

After that i started doing the challanges selling 100 items to butcher and 75 herbs to doctor. After selling to butcher i went up to level 13 and then i sold my herbs. When i booted back the game i was level 13 but my butcher sells were completed.

So now i dont really have any good awards to do anymore, except for selling herbs but that will only net me 200 xp each time. And getting up to 500 kills and animal parts sound like a long grind for 2 200 silver rewards. And who knows if the awards will stay completed then when i level up. Then ive wasted my time.

How much do you gain by doing story missions? Is it worth going through them for money and rank? How many are there.

Btw sorry if i come across as whiny or disrespectful about this method, but im just pissed with this game. If the SP is a 10/10 then the mp is a fucking 0/10. How fun is it to play when people are just beings dickheads and go around mindlessly killing others? Yes blame the players but rockstar should know this. There should be som safe mode, or safe room for people who just want to enjoy the mp and then the idiots can wreck havoc together alone.

The way to 50 will be a long and frustrating one. Luckily im in no hurry. Ill just play every now and then and gain some ranks and maybe by the end of next year ill have my platinum

Honestly I'm tempted to do the whole re-play last mission repeatedly because all I want is to reach level 50 for the trophy...well, ok, perhaps level 65 so I can buy the crappy "fast travel" for my camp.

I haven't played online for a few days and probably won't be able to until next time (fed up by the tedious grind and the annoying trolls who just instigate all the damn time) and I'm worried that once I hop back on most people will be like level 50+ and I'll be stuck behind.

I dont get this method. How can you avoid a autosave when you level up? It worked fine but then i leveld up to 12. And all of a sudden 100 animal kills and 100 animal parts was completed when i booted back the game.

After that i started doing the challanges selling 100 items to butcher and 75 herbs to doctor. After selling to butcher i went up to level 13 and then i sold my herbs. When i booted back the game i was level 13 but my butcher sells were completed.

I tried combining the same challenges and ran into the same issue. The animal kills and parts one only lasted a few runs before the stats somehow registered meaning I can't use it anymore. The selling to the butcher one was working fine for like 2 hours but it's just now registered as 100 items sold for me, so I can't use it again unless I rank it up to 499. The only one I've had reliably working the whole time is the selling herbs one. A week ago I had the general kills stat, rifle kills and repeater kills all sat below a milestone and they only lasted a couple of runs before they registered.

I'd like to see how quick some of these 4 in 1 challenge runs are being completed just to try and gauge how quickly they need to be done to avoid an autosave or whatever is happening to me.