Gold Medal Video Guides W/ Commentary

Beng32

he's play with current stats. the odd thing about it is i thought 'ok, maybe my dead eye meter was low and it ran out? maybe for some reason it didn't reload my revolver? i did another playthrough and had a fully loaded revolver, full dead eye and as i walk to the jail, arthur puts the revolver in his RIGHT holster. as the sequence starts, he pulls a gun from the RIGHT holster, and its that cunt shotty xD. oh, i was absolutely fuming man. idk what the issue is, but there are so many other missions to gold, i would just skip the annoyance of this one.

Maybe it's a common thing? In the Magicians for Sport mission, at the end where you have to find the guys in the corn field, Arthur for some reason was wielding the volcanic pistol even though I don't ever use that gun (and had Scofields equipped in both hands).

I will keep my eye out for the shotgun in this mission - it's not too much of an annoyance where I would just give up. You could even file a bug ticket on the support site because it's probably not supposed to just equip weapons you don't have on you.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's a common thing? In the Magicians for Sport mission, at the end where you have to find the guys in the corn field, Arthur for some reason was wielding the volcanic pistol even though I don't ever use that gun (and had Scofields equipped in both hands).

I will keep my eye out for the shotgun in this mission - it's not too much of an annoyance where I would just give up. You could even file a bug ticket on the support site because it's probably not supposed to just equip weapons you don't have on you.

just go in with 2 revolvers and you'll be fine. btw, im 35/42 missions gold 1 mission into c4, so there is so many chances for gold i'd recommend not even worrying about that glitchy mission that screwed me a few times.

just go in with 2 revolvers and you'll be fine. btw, im 35/42 missions gold 1 mission into c4, so there is so many chances for gold i'd recommend not even worrying about that glitchy mission that screwed me a few times.

I got it done in one go, thankfully. Made sure I had two revolvers equipped, never had an issue with the game equipping my sawed off shotgun. 39/39 missions gold completed so far.

Edit: just cleared Chapter 3. 41/41 missions, so far, gold.

Edited by discostu668

I got it done in one go, thankfully. Made sure I had two revolvers equipped, never had an issue with the game equipping my sawed off shotgun. 39/39 missions gold completed so far.

Edit: just cleared Chapter 3. 41/41 missions, so far, gold.

Nice one dude. C4 is piss easy 5 in

Nice one dude. C4 is piss easy 5 in

Yeah, I am 3 missions into Chapter 4 - 44 gold medals, now. Joys of Civilization was a pain, though, had to redo that one about 7 times because the game was bugging out on me. Arthur would just stop running even though I was mashing the X button, and the game was throwing up invisible walls on me (for example, trying to cross the trolley tracks after the kid jumps down off of the roof, and then I found a great shortcut, and the game both put up the walls, and made Arthur casually walk instead of run). I had to eventually reboot the game.

Just working on all of the side stuff before moving onto any more story missions, now. I'm getting through the story much faster, too, having done all of that leg work in Chapter 2. I have way less side stuff to focus on, and have been enjoying the story missions more.

Good guide mate. Just need 70 gold medals for platinum now. Managed to get 50 of them pretty easily. Even using arthur’s default stats. 20 more to go.

Most of the missions are okay to do on replay, but it makes it so much easier to just use your full-stat character, especially on the ones with accuracy/headshot tasks.

Yeah, I am 3 missions into Chapter 4 - 44 gold medals, now. Joys of Civilization was a pain, though, had to redo that one about 7 times because the game was bugging out on me. Arthur would just stop running even though I was mashing the X button, and the game was throwing up invisible walls on me (for example, trying to cross the trolley tracks after the kid jumps down off of the roof, and then I found a great shortcut, and the game both put up the walls, and made Arthur casually walk instead of run). I had to eventually reboot the game.

Just working on all of the side stuff before moving onto any more story missions, now. I'm getting through the story much faster, too, having done all of that leg work in Chapter 2. I have way less side stuff to focus on, and have been enjoying the story missions more.

that one worked fine for me and i snagged it first attempt. i skipped the gator hunt one late in c4, tried twice and couldn't get the guy and back in the boat w/in a minute 40 and said fuck it. i also skipped the river boat as i somehow got absolutely lit up and died?

2 missions left in c5 and i'll be at 48 when starting chapter 6. i enjoy the shooting accuracy and headshot stuff with the tobacco because its quicker to knock those out than missions w/ random nonsense to complete.

Wow, that's crazy. I was already watching your videos for gold medal help long before coming back to this forum and discovering you had an account here too. I found them google searching while still in Chapter 4 I think.

Seriously, those videos have helped me so much so far. I'm currently on 51 golds.

Edited by Veritas7Ax

A Man of Honour is annoying AF. Took me about 6 attempts, and only because I got lucky in the shootout scene where I got 3 of the 4 headshots in right at the beginning, and John said that's all of them pretty much immediately after I got the 4th, which was only a few seconds after the 3rd one. I think that cut the time a fair bit because I had way less distance to travel to the next spot.

Had like 7-9 golds after completing the story, just by enjoying the game. Golded the rest of the missions on replay. As mentioned by others while the missions are a bit harder on replay with yokel stats, it's still very doable to gold 70 missions as long as you choose the right ones.

Thank you so much for this guide, it was really helpful. I should've looked it up earlier while I was going for this trophy :)

I think it's worth noting, possibly in your videos, that the game will let you make a save point (for now, until they patch it of it's a bug) between Hell Hath No Fury, and Paradise Mercifully Departed in Chapter 5.

Right when the opening cutscene for Paradise starts, pause, go to Story, and make a manual save. It makes getting gold for Paradise so much easier because you can do a reload rather than replay without starting that string of missions all over again.