Bitching Thread

Iceyice

So far my only real complaint is with the hunting, even though I have probably spent 8-10 hours hunting alone this past weekend.

I understand the requirement that you get a pristine kill. But WHY would any given animal come in 1,2 or 3 stars in regards to pelt quality, and WHY would they require you use a certain weapon to get a pristine pelt? Seems like they did it just to make it unnecessarily more difficult.

I have ran into a couple glitches, things disappearing (bird, wagon, etc), horse got stuck in camp and would not un-glitch until I started a new mission.

The game is still a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned and should be the front runner for GOTY on PS4.

Edit: And even as a trophy hunter, this game could have a 10/10 difficulty, 500 hr platinum and I would still say it's GOTY. This is a generation-defining game, the trophies come second to an absolutely amazing gaming experience. End rant.

Edited by Poindexter2291

So far my only real complaint is with the hunting, even though I have probably spent 8-10 hours hunting alone this past weekend.

I understand the requirement that you get a pristine kill. But WHY would any given animal come in 1,2 or 3 stars in regards to pelt quality, and WHY would they require you use a certain weapon to get a pristine pelt? Seems like they did it just to make it unnecessarily more difficult.

How do you get a good pelt anyway, is it random or something that you need to level up? All of my kills seem to result in a poor or average condition skin. Even when I shoot the animal in the face with an arrow, or when I caught a deer with my lassoo, reeled it in and killed it by hand it still gave me a "poor" pelt.

How do you get a good pelt anyway, is it random or something that you need to level up? All of my kills seem to result in a poor or average condition skin. Even when I shoot the animal in the face with an arrow, or when I caught a deer with my lassoo, reeled it in and killed it by hand it still gave me a "poor" pelt.

A lot of the animals are in poor condition before you even touch them. Lock on to an animal and hold :r1: to see its information, where you'll also see the condition it's in. They will always be poor, good or pristine.

To keep the dead animal in the same condition as it was when it was alive (so, to get a pristine carcass/skin) you need to use the right weapon. So use the varmint rifle or small game arrows for rabbits. Anything more than that will damage it too much.

I'm always leaning in when using the detective mode hunting vision. Can't see it at all. I tried the colorblind options and that makes it worse. Clunky controls and FIrst person mode is horrendous (first time playing in first person in a rockstr game-i never played the Xbox/ps4/pc versions of GTAV so I never touched first person mode in that game).

The bounty system is too harsh. Accidentally run into a person? Assault! Lawmen are investigating and then recognize me. Instant bounty. I always wear my bandana, it barely does anything. Horse controls are bad (camera and controls), it's so darn simple to accidentally drive your horse full speed into a tree. Rag doll physics.. Ouch.

Easily missable trophies in a 60 hour game :thumbsdown:
i agree and also can disagree with this statement. I don't like it either. It's more about trophies I know but when you spend that much time playing a game and miss easy trophies it's annoying, at least for me.

I am EXTREMELY frustrated with the lack of skip button on some activities, skinning, etc, but especially Blackjack, which probably has the worst challenge in the game, and the only mini game with no skip button whatsoever! It could take hours to finish the challenge depending on your luck, I just spent an hour and still didn't even get 1 :/

Very disheartening. :(

Edited by H!NO

I am EXTREMELY frustrated with the lack of skip button on some activities, skinning, etc, but especially Blackjack, which probably has the worst challenge in the game, and the only mini game with no skip button whatsoever! It could take hours to finish the challenge depending on your luck, I just spent an hour and still didn't even get 1 :/

Very disheartening. :(

I have heard you can skip the skinning animations, but I haven't done it myself. But I wouldn't want to because they are so damn satisfying!

Hate how easy it is to lose your honor.

Loot the wrong dead body and you lose some honor...

Also i was on a main mission and there were some bad guys that i had to kill but each one i killed reduced my honor. I was like Wtf is this? So i let them kill me to restart and then didn't kill any of them lol and just ran away.

Also i hate fishing, like in all games.

Edited by CrazyRap

I think it's a testament to how great the story is that I've been able to overlook a lot of the niggles in this game and really enjoy myself. It took a while to get a handle on the controls and mechanics, and the game is certainly not without it's flaws. My main annoyances are:

Forcing you to walk slowly in the camp area,

Continually de-selcting your weapons from the weapon wheel,

In tight areas (like on Arthurs table in camp) looting is really frustrating, slow and a pain to focus on the thing you want to pick up,

The classic Rockstar mission problem of having a ride and conversation in a mission, but if you ride too quickly the conversation gets cut off midway when you arrive,

Melee fist fighting combat is no fun,

Having the contextual button and draw weapon mapped to the same control can be frustrating,

And the game and missions are pretty easy really, I guess the difficulty comes in getting gold medals but you can generally just stand in the open and be a bullet sponge and not die in almost all missions.

Even though it sounds like a whiny post I really enjoy the game and have sunk a lot of time into it already!

I think it's a testament to how great the story is that I've been able to overlook a lot of the niggles in this game and really enjoy myself. It took a while to get a handle on the controls and mechanics, and the game is certainly not without it's flaws. My main annoyances are:

Forcing you to walk slowly in the camp area,

Continually de-selcting your weapons from the weapon wheel,

In tight areas (like on Arthurs table in camp) looting is really frustrating, slow and a pain to focus on the thing you want to pick up,

The classic Rockstar mission problem of having a ride and conversation in a mission, but if you ride too quickly the conversation gets cut off midway when you arrive,

Melee fist fighting combat is no fun,

Having the contextual button and draw weapon mapped to the same control can be frustrating,

And the game and missions are pretty easy really, I guess the difficulty comes in getting gold medals but you can generally just stand in the open and be a bullet sponge and not die in almost all missions.

Even though it sounds like a whiny post I really enjoy the game and have sunk a lot of time into it already!

TIP: To focus an object on a table, stay near the table, hold L2 and with the right analog you can swap from an object to another one next to it.

Missable missions. Why go through the effort of creating a mission that we can easily miss? I feel like I've missed a chunk of the story, no matter how small or insignificant it may be.

They seem to have a formula with this game. Anything related to Dutch seems to always move the story forward, and I keep avoiding his quests until there is nothing left on the map except his quest line. Everything has been smooth thus far.

For me, it’s the damn fishing. JFC. I just spent about 15 minutes real time landing a 15lb catfish, only to realize I caught it with the wrong lure. I feel like I need to amputate my thumb.

They seem to have a formula with this game. Anything related to Dutch seems to always move the story forward, and I keep avoiding his quests until there is nothing left on the map except his quest line. Everything has been smooth thus far.

For me, it’s the damn fishing. JFC. I just spent about 15 minutes real time landing a 15lb catfish, only to realize I caught it with the wrong lure. I feel like I need to amputate my thumb.

Yeah this is what I've gathered too, avoid Dutches missions until everything else on the map is gone and then do Dutch missions. I'm on chapter 4 and haven't missed any missions to my knowledge.

ooh, good to know. Also, I feel there is a very easily missable main mission, at least I think :think: It's in chapter 2, so I'll put it in spoilers:

[spoiler=ID]It's the one from Mary (I think her name is) and you first need to read a letter in your camp to have the quest icon to even appear, and you can even later refuse to help her, so be careful.

ooh, good to know. Also, I feel there is a very easily missable main mission, at least I think :think: It's in chapter 2, so I'll put it in spoilers:

[spoiler=ID]It's the one from Mary (I think her name is) and you first need to read a letter in your camp to have the quest icon to even appear, and you can even later refuse to help her, so be careful.

It is missable but it doesn’t affect any trophy.