Bitching Thread

Iceyice

Started playing this game today and the Gold Medals are already ruining it for me. I replayed the chapter one train robbery at least ten times. Always managed to get hit.

Phew! I am furious right now. Haven't felt like this since Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Demons Souls.

Then don't gold medal that mission. There are around 60 easy gold medals en around 20 slighty difficult, but doable ones. Plus you can now replay them later while keeping your weapons, horse, stamina, deadeye etc

• 1 month later...

I'm so glad that I bought GTA-VI The pre-pre-pre-prequel when it was already at half the price. This game feels nothing like RDR, which had a unique atmosphere to it. Mostly created by the music, which is all but absent within this game.

The game-play is too realistic and slow, which you get sort of used to, but every now and then the annoyance comes right back. The old radial menu where you could access all the guns at any time was perfect. Now you play half the game with pistols only, because your horse f*s off with your guns. The guns in RDR weren't up-gradable, which was and still is unique in game-play and that they got rid of. Not the turning circle of a truck for John.

The trophies are so stupidly long and time consuming that it's not even worth playing the game any further. And half of it you have to spend among A-holes.

The story itself is extremely repetitive with no remarkable character whatsoever. Remember Nigel West Dickens? Now, do you remember Tom Dickens? Exactly. I constantly have to google who was who, because who cares about these people. The story starts with a botched robbery, so they have to move. Which happens again and again. In an effort to disguise this, there are a lot of little filler fetch quest to lengthen out the game.

And a tutorial in the freaking epilogue? Learning to milk cows and feed chickens? If i want to do chores I do them in my actual house, where it matters. I don't want to buy a $100 game for it.

And talking about tutorials, The game explains everything you don't want to know and nothing you do want to know. Want to hunt for legendary fish? Keep in mind that the game-mechanics is not the same as for legendary animals. Because why would you keep things the same? That would only not confuse people. Just let them rid around waiting for that black popup to appear the second time they visit the site. HAHAHAHA...

This game is 99% visuals and 1% anything else. And unlike RDR1, nowhere during the game did I feel like enjoying the scenery. Which is difficult anyway, because half the time you're riding in slow motion and blue hue, looking for a shitload of stuff you have absolutely no way of knowing where too look for it. I actually turned on RDR1 from time to time to enjoy the scenery and atmosphere and just stroll around, but this game.. With this game I have to force myself to turn on the PS$ at all.

This game is so disappointing it even makes me a bit angry. Had (too) high hopes for it.

It's a GTA-VI freakshow with none of the western feel of the first RDR.

</rant>

Boy... I needed that:(. I'm not mad, just disappointed.

I'm so glad that I bought GTA-VI The pre-pre-pre-prequel when it was already at half the price. This game feels nothing like RDR, which had a unique atmosphere to it. Mostly created by the music, which is all but absent within this game.

The game-play is too realistic and slow, which you get sort of used to, but every now and then the annoyance comes right back. The old radial menu where you could access all the guns at any time was perfect. Now you play half the game with pistols only, because your horse f*s off with your guns. The guns in RDR weren't up-gradable, which was and still is unique in game-play and that they got rid of. Not the turning circle of a truck for John.

The trophies are so stupidly long and time consuming that it's not even worth playing the game any further. And half of it you have to spend among A-holes.

The story itself is extremely repetitive with no remarkable character whatsoever. Remember Nigel West Dickens? Now, do you remember Tom Dickens? Exactly. I constantly have to google who was who, because who cares about these people. The story starts with a botched robbery, so they have to move. Which happens again and again. In an effort to disguise this, there are a lot of little filler fetch quest to lengthen out the game.

And a tutorial in the freaking epilogue? Learning to milk cows and feed chickens? If i want to do chores I do them in my actual house, where it matters. I don't want to buy a $100 game for it.

And talking about tutorials, The game explains everything you don't want to know and nothing you do want to know. Want to hunt for legendary fish? Keep in mind that the game-mechanics is not the same as for legendary animals. Because why would you keep things the same? That would only not confuse people. Just let them rid around waiting for that black popup to appear the second time they visit the site. HAHAHAHA...

This game is 99% visuals and 1% anything else. And unlike RDR1, nowhere during the game did I feel like enjoying the scenery. Which is difficult anyway, because half the time you're riding in slow motion and blue hue, looking for a shitload of stuff you have absolutely no way of knowing where too look for it. I actually turned on RDR1 from time to time to enjoy the scenery and atmosphere and just stroll around, but this game.. With this game I have to force myself to turn on the PS$ at all.

This game is so disappointing it even makes me a bit angry. Had (too) high hopes for it.

It's a GTA-VI freakshow with none of the western feel of the first RDR.

</rant>

Boy... I needed that:(. I'm not mad, just disappointed.

This post is wonderful. Couldn't agree more.

This post is wonderful. Couldn't agree more.

Lol I can really relate as well and this rant is such a good read. Still haven't gone back to it since we played the MP and I have no desire to either while the first RDR is one of my all-time favorite games.

This sounds like the same people who called the last game "Grand Theft Horsey". Apart from the obvious Rockstar style it's obviously more like RDR1 than GTA. I don't see how this isn't like its predecessor.

A fair criticism. Although I do love realism so never bothered me personally.

The story itself is extremely repetitive with no remarkable character whatsoever. Remember Nigel West Dickens? Now, do you remember Tom Dickens? Exactly. I constantly have to google who was who, because who cares about these people.

To be fair, there are twice as many story missions in RDR2 so it would be easy to not remember a guy who has less screen time and dialogue than a flamboyant character in RDR1. It's not a fair comparison. I'm sure plenty of people remember Sadie, Micah or even Angelo Bronte.

And a tutorial in the freaking epilogue? Learning to milk cows and feed chickens? If i want to do chores I do them in my actual house, where it matters.

The last game did the same thing. Tracking, hunting and cattle rustling all over again. They were annoying the first time and now we're doing them again so Jack can learn. At least in this game there were different chores to do. But again, a fair criticism if you don't like it, just remember that the last RDR is guilty as well.

Although nothing will beat mopping a floor or moving cargo containers. :rolleyes:

And unlike RDR1, nowhere during the game did I feel like enjoying the scenery.

This is very surprising. How can anyone not marvel at the amazing scenery in this game?!

• 3 weeks later...

I remember this thread from its inception, and oh my, reading back at this thread, the trials and tribulations, the anger and frustration, the joys and successes, make the RDR2 platinum trophy one of the most rewarding Platinum trophies ever.

Bookmarking this thread for the memories.

:)

This game is beyond a joke!

After 10+ hours I finally find a 3 star opposum.

Pop upto Annesburg to look for the next animal, a oriole, hop off my horse for no more than 20-30 seconds, it's decomposed :mad:..

68% through the trophies an I've deleted it in a rage, lucky my controller an headset are intact.

Think I'm about done with this one, wanted the platinum, but this is beyond.

10+ hours to locate one perfect animal? :(

Decompose's that quickly?

Joke

• 1 month later...

Honestly cannot remember playing a game where the online has been as disappointing as this one. A real lack of stuff to do that's remotely interesting. Free Roam missions are dross filler. The Story missions were just chucked together crap. The gunplay... I am seemingly pretty shit at it anyway, but one-shot's from everywhere, and the number of times a shotgun from mine right to the head does about 25% damage... maybe my internet is deciding to route itself to a server in South Africa or something for this one game. RDR's online was infinitely more accessible/reasonable.

Free Roam Invites (Master Archer etc) are good, challenges are decent enough, but tbh there's shit all worth bothering to play for once you've logged in and done whatever dailies took 5 mins to do. R* don't often fuck up but RDR:O is pure shite in comparison to GTA:O and RDR1's online.

• 1 month later...

The online ... sucks. Why can't I choose what I want to play but must either jump in and out of lobbies for an hour or play through dozens of matches of the same garbage modi again and again until I get what I wanted?

Protip, Rockstar, if you fear people might not play some match types unless forced to, you shouldn't include those types to begin with. You do realize people like different things, right? That's why you offer different types of matches ... but if people cannot choose the types they like, that is kind of pointless. Do you like having to play something for an hour you don't want to play in order to be allowed to play what you wanted to play for five minutes? No? Well, isn't that interesting?

• 3 months later...
The online ... sucks. Why can't I choose what I want to play but must either jump in and out of lobbies for an hour or play through dozens of matches of the same garbage modi again and again until I get what I wanted?

Protip, Rockstar, if you fear people might not play some match types unless forced to, you shouldn't include those types to begin with. You do realize people like different things, right? That's why you offer different types of matches ... but if people cannot choose the types they like, that is kind of pointless. Do you like having to play something for an hour you don't want to play in order to be allowed to play what you wanted to play for five minutes? No? Well, isn't that interesting?

I cannot agree with you more. I have given up sitting through the trash modes. The game heavily favours Up in Smoke and Plunder. Now i just quit join quit join until it’s Hostile Territory.

This is the worst multiplayer pvp game i have ever played. Earlier i needed one more mvp. I join a match mid game and get awarded mvp at the end... no trophy. I then get in another game and sit on the point. The other team are dominating but i keep running back to a point. About 1 1/2 minutes in the game ends prematurely! Wtf! I think that if a team captures all the points they auto win. I was already fuming at the imbalance in the game but this bullshit topped it off. I cannot wait to be done with The Real Deal trophy. It’s ruining a brilliant single player game for me. The free roam isn’t bad either. But f*ck the pvp!

This is the worst multiplayer pvp game i have ever played. Earlier i needed one more mvp. I join a match mid game and get awarded mvp at the end... no trophy. I then get in another game and sit on the point. The other team are dominating but i keep running back to a point. About 1 1/2 minutes in the game ends prematurely! Wtf! I think that if a team captures all the points they auto win. I was already fuming at the imbalance in the game but this bullshit topped it off. I cannot wait to be done with The Real Deal trophy. It’s ruining a brilliant single player game for me. The free roam isn’t bad either. But f*ck the pvp!

Absolutely. I love this game SP, and I even love online with all of the new roles. Even the Naturalist role is entertaining, despite the incredibly difficult time finding Legendary animals. However, despite all of the flaws, the only part of the game that truly pisses me off is the dumb-as-sh*t PvP situation. Things that need to go:

No more forcing players into the mode that only allows knives and shotguns - why earn dozens of expensive weapons, only to be forced into PvP modes where I only have the two weapons I least want to use?

No more random selection of game type - let me into the match I want to play, not the "randomly" selected modes that I hate beyond words

Ban the hackers! - RDR2 online is overrun with players who cheat to the point where the game isn't any fun. I frequently find myself shooting a player with a dynamite arrow that makes direct contact - this is supposed to result in instant and guaranteed death. However, the cheating bastards instantly get back up off the ground and proceed to one-shot kill me with a shotgun from 50 meters. Bullsh*t!

Get your sh*t together with the disconnections, Rockstar! - so many matches where I'm actually leading my team to victory (never thought I'd get to this point), when I get disconnected 15 seconds before the match ends. My internet connection is fine - Rockstar just has an uncontrollable problem with disconnection issues these days, particularly on PvP modes.

What annoys me the most with this game and has actually made me start not enjoying the online side of the game, is the matchmaking into PvP games. Why you can’t pick a mode and just play that. I get you choose a series, but I love playing hostile territory, but hate all other modes in the series. You rarely have a long Timon experience in hostile territory as well because of this.

Totally agree with the dropped connections, such a pain.

And so often the lag interferes with the game, I don't really have an issue in other games.

I find myself playing the multiplayer like an another single player most of the time. At least the roles are quite fun, if a little repetitive. I do enjoying logging on and just riding to random locations.

• 5 months later...

I'll just quote myself here from another thread......

after 2 year and 3 months... it is finally done. I've endured the overly pretentious (under the guise of realism), obnoxiously repetitive hunting/fetch quest simulator that has been erroneously branded as red dead redemption 2. my PS5 system tells me I've played for 479 hours. that's a lie. it feels like 3 consecutive life sentences 

even in my triumph I am robbed of any intrinsic feeling of accomplishment, because my digital copy doesn't allow me the psychological satisfaction of snapping the disc in half, or throwing it like a frisbee into the nearest landfill

this is one of those games that had an incredible story (Sadie Adler's character progression was my favorite).. but the horrific online mode and the abysmal trophy requirements/animal spawn rates left an unforgettable, dismal aftertaste that I will forever negatively taint my opinion of this game

"BuT iT wAs GaMe Of ThE yEaR! nObOdY fOrCeD yOu To GeT tHe pLaTiNuM! yOu'Re JuSt A wHinY tRoPhY cOmPleTiOniSt!"

ok? stfu

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Fuck the real deal trophy.

The margin for error in the races is way to big. If you wipe out; which can happen very easily in a pile of 5 horses, the game sometimes randomly loads for 10-15 seconds, giving you zero chance to catch up. Plus two instances of the game spawing the player in without a horse. WTF! GJ Rockstar. Fix your shit. 

EDIT: Finally got it: The open target races are your best bet; it seems nobody has a truely good route; as I managed two MVPs in a row on these. Also get the paint the black ability; being able to mark targets with deadeye is really useful. 

Edited by simonp92

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck the Errand boy trophy. Not only its missable, its absolutely random when the requests happen except those scripted. I had to do a second playthrough, I only got to CH2 but still, it took 6 hours. 1. Fountain pen, 2. Book for the Kid (scripted), 3. Compass, 4. Hosea book (scripted); all this in 2 hours. The next request took me 4 hours of sleeping, saving, reloading, sleeping. Then in 5 minutes I got additional three requests: Sean, Charles, Kid - Thimble.

Also, when Abigail asks you for 5$ - its not counted as a Item request. Had that happen when I was 4/5 and it did not count.

PS. Gold Rush is also laughable with reseting checkpoints cancelling your progress. Wont mention how many times my companion got glitched behind some trees or fell through the ground for an instant fail. Then reloading, listening to same boring convo and hoping it wont happen again. 

Edited by NF7

On 4/4/2021 at 3:33 PM, NF7 said:

Fuck the Errand boy trophy. Not only its missable, its absolutely random when the requests happen except those scripted. I had to do a second playthrough, I only got to CH2 but still, it took 6 hours. 1. Fountain pen, 2. Book for the Kid (scripted), 3. Compass, 4. Hosea book (scripted); all this in 2 hours. The next request took me 4 hours of sleeping, saving, reloading, sleeping. Then in 5 minutes I got additional three requests: Sean, Charles, Kid - Thimble.

i thought i was going struggle in this, having only being asked to get the comic for jack and  lenny a pocketwatch in ch2, then before i knew it was starting ch3.  straight away in ch3 though ive been asked to get a necklace, a pocket mirror and a harmonica, all within 5 mins, so should get the trophy soon