Bitching Thread

Iceyice

This is probably a praise really rather than a bitch, but I just played for three hours and all I did was half of a stranger mission. Just like the last game, I'm easily distracted! It's going to take me an age to complete the story. At least I'm working towards challenges and animal killing whilst I play.

Is it possible to replay the story missions later on with your character equipped with better weapons, horses, overall health/stamina/dead eye etc or does it play out like it would as you reached that part of the story initially with what you had?

Can’t remember from GTA V?

GTA V let you use all your weapons when replaying earlier missions. Hoping its the same here.

It’s a strange complaint, but I’m finding I am too immersed in the world to make any meaningful progress lol. I want to increase the loyalty with my horse, visit strangers, see what’s at the camp, play mini games I pass by and go on a random hunt at every turn. What a game, but will I ever finish it haha?!

- Viewing 10/10 as "perfect" is looking at the review scale wrong, there is no "perfect" game as there is no objective way to rate a game as "perfect". Just view those as meaning the game is basically a must play game.

This. I believe many publications explain this very thing in their grading scale.

IGN says this:

Simply put: this is our highest recommendation. There’s no such thing as a truly perfect game, but those that earn a Masterpiece label from IGN come as close as we could reasonably hope for. These are classics in the making that we hope and expect will influence game design for years to come, as other developers learn from their shining examples.

GameInformer says this:

A truly elite title that is nearly perfect in every way. This score is given out rarely and indicates a game that cannot be missed.

GameSpot labels them as "Essential" (They gave the game a 9, which is "Suburb").

Those gold medals are the worse, so much stuff done wrong.

5 minutes horse rides until you finally get into the action, i'm only at chapter 3 but so far almost all missions have those damn horse rides, sometimes they are longer, sometimes shorter, but they are always freaking there. The rides and dialogue are very cool during your first playthrough, but not when you gotta see it dozens and dozens of time.

you screw up and gotta replay from the start, including horse sections, you don't get to retry only the "challenging" part, you have to waste a shit ton of time just to get there first.

no way to track how you are doing during the mission, sometimes there are 3 or 4 objectives per missions, a lot related to accuracy and time-related stuff. so you may as well be playing a failed attempt but will only find out you failed 15 minutes later when you finish the mission.

the problem isn't the challenges, but how poorly the medal systems were made, since you waste an enormous ammount of time doing mundane activities and only a small fraction of that time is actually used in the actual challenge

like other have said, i'll just wait for guides so i know which are the fastest missions to complete, i'm done wasting my time

Edited by p3re1ra

Despite the concerns over the gold medals I really don't think they will be too bad after the game has been out for a little while and there are numerous videos/guides on how to achieve them. So far from the missions I've played (I'm in chapter 2) there's no objectives which I've felt are beyond obtainable or would be too difficult when specifically going for them.

I want to point out that I just collected some treasure from the Stranger Missions. Under collectables there is a checkmark under Treasure in the Total Completion menu, but pressing LEFT under the Log shows this.

http://scarflix.com/yeah.png

Has this happened to anyone else? Is the Log just bunked out?

I want to point out that I just collected some treasure from the Stranger Missions. Under collectables there is a checkmark under Treasure in the Total Completion menu, but pressing LEFT under the Log shows this.

http://scarflix.com/yeah.png

Has this happened to anyone else? Is the Log just bunked out?

I presume that is because you need to collect a treasure out in the world that requires a map and for you to try and locate it? Not one of the ones required for a mission.

The "4K" in this game is subpar to the native 4K on the Xbox. No surprise there I guess.

However it seems the HDR is broken in this game as well, at least on the mid-range TV I have in my office. I cannot find a setting in the game or the TV where the colors dont look washed out.

In only in the second chapter, but have no real complaints other than how it looks. Lots of fun!

Those gold medal requirements (please tell me you can re-play them and NOT need another play through). If people are saying it's a 9/10 for a platinum, then it's going to be like 20/10 for me, if not near impossible. I'm really enjoying the game and it's so easy to get distracted and forget what you were doing. But I have a ton of complaints, some are:

- no idea how to access preorder content (have redeemed code, can't find in game)

- the hunting detective vision. I can barely see it, I always need to lean into the screen. A lot of the time I can't see it-wish they made it bright red/orange.

- the nights are really dark. Very pretty (especially the lighting and the sky/stars) but I can't see squat. I've adjusted the brightness and it barely does anything

- the time limit during missions to loot. I Loot like 3 bodies and I failed the mission and need to restart. Rinse and repeat because I re-loot the same guys again and failed.

- looting. 1) the unlooted bodies' X marker(s) should be bright yellow/purple on the mini map to help distinguish the bodies from the ones that have been looted (which are just black X's). 2) they're going for realism but it's kind of annoying how your NPC gang party members loot someone and you don't get any loot. One cent would suffice. I want loot too.

- how do you climb down ladders? My Arthur fell from a great height trying to descend a ladder.

- lush environment with vibrant foliage sometimes makes it hard to hunt. I got mauled to death by a bear-I was in first person mode picking herbs and heard the bear. Couldn't see it because everything was green and flowery. It charged me and I only had my bare fists. Terrifying.

- witnesses. Out in the middle of nowhere and I rob a guy and shoot him because I don't want him to alert the sheriff. There's a witness, I don't see anyone. I run around trying to find them and take them out when I finally see them. Another witness so I take them out too. Then a couple of people on a wagon trot by, see the corpses and speed off

- The menus. E.g help section is basically off white text on a black background. The titles should be at least a different color. It just blends together. Exactly the same in stores with the catalog, everything is black and white. At least have the pictures in color (very muted color). I don't read any of the text because of this which is a shame

- can't save during missions (I know it's the same as GTA V) but there's only one save method. How do you trigger the auto save? You could save two different ways in GTA V-sleep in a bed or use your phone for quick save. It was awesome. Why is there no quick save in RD2?

- I keep toggling crouch so I accidentally crouch half the time.

- infinitely tapping X for your horse to gallop faster.

I nitpicked the hell out of this game, I know. There's a lot of things this game doesn't tell you and I feel like there's lots of things you could simply miss and not know (like the missable trophies, errands and weapons). Like I said before, I am Really enjoying this game and I don't want to miss out on things.

how slow the horses move during missions because they want to get all the dialogue in before you reach the objective :p Same with walking in snow takes too long.
this

-Why can't I restart the mission!! (after an objective fail)

-Why can't I see if I completed the objective (like headshots), if I fail the one, how the fuck will I know

-I played a lot of games where the touchpad opens the map ... its like muscle memory fuck it for being different

-What is a story mission, what is a side mission?

-Why can't a herb/plant icon show up on my hud. (it was probably like that in RDR1 but I don't remember, it prob sucked then, it sucks now.

-Why aren't animal locations on the map?

-I don't like that my heath drops from 100% to like 60-70% just so I can waste money to buy a saddle.

Kinda surprised the digital strat guide isn't up online (or I can't find it ATM) but I will R* I will fuck your 9.99 (on the APP its 9.99)

*edit*

hey look, after I posted I see animals on my map!!

Edited by VersionII
animals

- There's a few missable weapons. Of course, for 100%, you don't need them all. But I still try to get whichever I can. So I got one from a legendary gunslinger in the stranger mission. So I'm going around looting his abode. Power surge in my house, system shuts down. That was...shitty ;) I boot the game up, load the auto save, I don't have the weapon and it's no longer there. In fact, someone already moved right in and made himself at home haha. My last manual saves was a little too far back for my liking. I guess this is more bitching at myself for not saving as soon as I got the gun (even though I had no idea there would be a power surge). Though, I would've hoped there would've been some autosave after getting the weapon. Oh wells.

- So I had a chance encounter. Guy was lost and wanted to make it back to town. So Arthur had him walk alongside him. I accidentally bumped into in, just barely grazed him, and he freaks out and runs away. WTF?

- There was one time I went to cinematic mode and just let Arthur ride to the destination. There was some guy traveling, but Arthur wouldn't pass him. So he's just sticking close to the guy. He gets pissed because Arthur is all up in his grill and starts shooting. It was odd.

- Maybe I dumb and can't find it, but I wish I knew how long I've been playing this game. Save file doesn't show time played. I've always liked following the timer haha.

- Also, is there no way to check where you are on the Honor spectrum? Other than when it pops up after certain deeds/misdeeds? All I can see is this little head as if that's suppose to tell me all I need to know.

- No one at camp wants to give me errands. I got the initial one from Dutch, and the one from checking out the book at camp. But that's it so far.

Random pro tip: Check the Social Club. At least the web version of it. In the trophy tab, it shows the trophies you're closest to completing. It's a good way to check progress, and to see if something you did counted. I think it only updates once you save or something like that. I'm 44% of the way to Take from the Rich. It's also a nice way to see what you have in times when you're not playing.

- Also, is there no way to check where you are on the Honor spectrum? Other than when it pops up after certain deeds/misdeeds? All I can see is this little head as if that's suppose to tell me all I need to know.

There is, just press down on the D-pad anytime and you can see your honor and all of your cores.

Also this has been mentioned but I think still a lot of people don't realize that if you hold the :options: button you instantly go to your map (touch pad would have been better I know).

Lastly just a cool feat, if you have your pistol/revolver out and double tap :l1: you spin your gun before holstering. :D

Edited by Robinworldwide