Bitching Thread

Iceyice

Seems like everyone is playing this, but it cant be all wine and roses.

State your complaints here if need be. I'm not *ahem* shooting for the Plat, but I'm sure annoying things will happen along the way.

First thing is I dont like those double barrels shooting at me every time I start up the game. I'm serious. I don't like that at all. Who approved that idea?

Edited by Iceyice
Spelling

They got to be kidding with those Gold medals. You have to get all of the requirements in ONE attempt, some missions have multiple difficult requirements like time limit + multiple headshots + no damage. I seriously think they need to patch it and make it like GTA5, otherwise this plat is 9/10 and a HUGE time sink.

They got to be kidding with those Gold medals. You have to get all of the requirements in ONE attempt, some missions have multiple difficult requirements like time limit + multiple headshots + no damage. I seriously think they need to patch it and make it like GTA5, otherwise this plat is 9/10 and a HUGE time sink.

If enough people complain to R* about it they might change it to be like GTA5.

If this is so, I'm returning my copy back next week. I don't have the time to grind a game out considering my ridiculous backlog and the potential stress this will give.

I'll end up borrowing the game instead and playing it just for the story

I love that people are complaining about a trophy being "difficult" :rofl: Not all trophies are supposed to be given to you, you need to earn them!

I only have 3 golds right now, but I've only done 7 missions. :p

My only complaint was how slow the horses move during missions because they want to get all the dialogue in before you reach the objective :p Same with walking in snow takes too long.

I love that people are complaining about a trophy being "difficult" :rofl: Not all trophies are supposed to be given to you, you need to earn them!

My only complaint was how slow the horses move during missions because they want to get all the dialogue in before you reach the objective :p Same with walking in snow takes too long.

I didn't bitch about the trophy, maybe I wanted to get gold on everything.

You only need 70 out of 104 and most likely DLC will count toward this too (tbh, i don't think DLC would count)

I could have 4 now: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th) missions. I'm to lazy to replay them atm.

But just looking at the missions, I count about 50, I could do, 10 I might. So looks like i'm 10 short, but its early on the game. I could get better at the controls and things will get easier w/ better weapons.

(there's probably more I could do, just right now, I see about 60)

Edited by VersionII

If they allowed players to skip the long walks then getting golds wouldn't be that bad. First time playing it's understandable to watch all the slower parts but on replays just let me skip to the action. So far it's my only real complaint.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that they won't change it no matter how many people ask for it.

100% guaranteed they won't change it. R*, as great as they are, are as stubborn as they come.

I remember when a few of my buddies tried to get something tweaked for Max Payne 3's NYMHC trophy due to the glitches, they pretty much said "Sorry, but thanks for playing." :D

Exactly. Trophies should be hard! Thats why they are called trophies. People should stop crying and step up their game!

I'm not too worried about gold medals right now. By the time I get to the point where I want to do them, there'll be plenty of videos and tips out there. If my experience with S ranks/Objectives from MGSV are anything to go by haha. I haven't been able to get any golds on my first run through, but looking at the requirements, few I'd consider require real effort so far. Primarily the headshot ones.

I did have my first crash today! That wasn't fun. Had to redo the mission again.

The mission I'm spoiling is one that begins with a letter by your bed, that's all I'll say...

[spoiler=mcol]Ok, so first of....Shell of Safety Shell of Safety Shell of Safety Shell of Safety :rofl:

So I chase Jamie down, stop him from shooting himself, and begin taking him back to his sister.

Jamie: Well, I never expected my day to go like this.

*Immediately crash into another guy on his horse*

*game freezes*

*game crashes*

Me: :|

Only thing that stopped me from getting gold on that mission when I did beat it was crashing into another dude on a horse later on. Riding at night. I tell you what.

I'm not too worried about gold medals right now. By the time I get to the point where I want to do them, there'll be plenty of videos and tips out there. If my experience with S ranks/Objectives from MGSV are anything to go by haha. I haven't been able to get any golds on my first run through, but looking at the requirements, few I'd consider require real effort so far. Primarily the headshot ones.

Yeah, I replayed a few missions and got 4 gold.medals so far but figured the same. I wasted a lot of time finding out stuff like what counts against your timer or are there any faster routes than the waypoint makes you go etc. Might as well save myself the hassle, just enjoy the game and wait for proper guides on those challenges.

I won't complain about the Gold Medal requirements. Having just done 100% in The Ballad of Gay Tony I can tell you the thought of doing each one of them in one run makes me shiver at night, but for this game, they could've had a trophy for playing the whole story in one sitting without losing any health (inb4 Jerry says it's easy) for all I care.

:rolleyes:

That was a real issue in GTA IV. You'd reach the objective before the characters finished talking so I'm glad they have this. That being said, it will be annoying when replaying the missions when they're moving so slow.

Does anyone know if the cutscenes count against your time in the timed gold requirements? If you hold X you can skip the cutscenes...

I doubt they count as Rockstar surely wouldn't want us to skip the story. When replaying missions feel free to do it anyway.

havent bought the game yet, i'll wait until the price goes down and it gets patched where needed so it's ready.

but, from what i have heard...

- gold medals aren't stackable? that's stupid. rockstar expects us to replay missions over and over again to make sure every requirement is satisfied at the same time? sounds like stress and no fun. i enjoyed it being stackable in gta5 because then there are different kinds of challenges you can do each time you play the chapter. this must get patched. its my biggest concern. nothing would piss or stress me out more than playing a mission a hundred times only to fail to satisfy one objective out of 10 set. takes me back to ballad of gay tony when i was chasing cars and the one about keeping close never worked. ahhhhh!

- no fast travel? seems like it'll become a major chore to get from a-b after playing this for awhile. i appreciate the beautiful settings, but after awhile, you just want to get on with it and not spend forever wasting time getting from a-b. again, i hope fast travel becomes available

- i heard that this game is clunky in places? for example, did ign said now that you have to manually reload, clean up your gun, even manually put together your coffee to drink?? i wouldnt add these as it'll seem like it gets in the way?

- some critical reviews say the game starts out too slowly. but here's hoping it'll pick up. other reviews say its nothing but a horseriding simulator - i just hope there are lots of gameplay to engage in, rather than riding from a-b, shooting, collecting something, riding back, and repeat. i remember GTA4 felt like that (drive here, shoot, collect, drive back) and it was very disappointing because of the lack of imagination in what you can do.

- the online ranking. i just hope there is plenty to do to rank up to rank 50, and hope it doesnt take me forever like with gta5 rank 100 (thank god for the double rp period).

also, the more 10/10 reviews it gets, the more skeptical i am. that means it is perfect and no game is perfect. just look at god of war released earlier this year - it too got perfect reviews but having got the plat for the game and doing everything there is to do, for me i found it very overhyped and somewhat overrated - i score it a 6/10, as the gameplay and combat (with the overshoulder camera) pales compared to its predecessors. so when i get RDR2 i'll be going into this game weary and with not high expectations - hopefully it'll surprise me or suck me into loving it.

i also came across this critical video and thought i throw it out there - is this guy justified in what he is saying or is he just being an antagonistic, deluded, immature little prick?

Edited by rockstarjazz

My problem is not the gold medals, it's replaying all 70 missions ugh.. game is already long, don't want to replay anything.

Other complains:

-It's too realistic but the good thing is i'm getting used to it.

-In the first red dead if you hold X while riding with an NPC you will automatically match their speed and follow them but here it only matches their speed and you still need to control your character movement (left and right) Why did they remove that? I know i'm being whiny but just wanted to say what i have.

- no fast travel? seems like it'll become a major chore to get from a-b after playing this for awhile. i appreciate the beautiful settings, but after awhile, you just want to get on with it and not spend forever wasting time getting from a-b. again, i hope fast travel becomes available

There is but you need to unlock it.

I’m just laughing at you for wanting to send your copy back because of trophies lol.

lol yeah that's too much

Edited by CrazyRap

havent bought the game yet, i'll wait until the price goes down and it gets patched where needed so it's ready.

but, from what i have heard...

- gold medals aren't stackable? that's stupid. rockstar expects us to replay missions over and over again to make sure every requirement is satisfied at the same time? sounds like stress and no fun. i enjoyed it being stackable in gta5 because then there are different kinds of challenges you can do each time you play the chapter. this must get patched. its my biggest concern. nothing would piss or stress me out more than playing a mission a hundred times only to fail to satisfy one objective out of 10 set. takes me back to ballad of gay tony when i was chasing cars and the one about keeping close never worked. ahhhhh!

- i heard that this game is clunky in places? for example, did ign said now that you have to manually reload, clean up your gun, even manually put together your coffee to drink?? i wouldnt add these as it'll seem like it gets in the way?

- some critical reviews say the game starts out too slowly. but here's hoping it'll pick up. other reviews say its nothing but a horseriding simulator - i just hope there are lots of gameplay to engage in, rather than riding from a-b, shooting, collecting something, riding back, and repeat. i remember GTA4 felt like that (drive here, shoot, collect, drive back) and it was very disappointing because of the lack of imagination in what you can do.

- the online ranking. i just hope there is plenty to do to rank up to rank 50, and hope it doesnt take me forever like with gta5 rank 100 (thank god for the double rp period).

also, the more 10/10 reviews it gets, the more skeptical i am. that means it is perfect and no game is perfect. just look at god of war released earlier this year - it too got perfect reviews but having got the plat for the game and doing everything there is to do, for me i found it very overhyped and somewhat overrated - i score it a 6/10, as the gameplay and combat (with the overshoulder camera) pales compared to its predecessors. so when i get RDR2 i'll be going into this game weary and with not high expectations - hopefully it'll surprise me or suck me into loving it.

i also came across this critical video and thought i throw it out there - is this guy justified in what he is saying or is he just being an antagonistic, deluded, immature little prick?

- Medal requirements don't conflict with each other, I've done like 20 missions so far and seeing them after doing the missions they're all things that will be easy to do when you're actually aware of the requirement

- There is fast travel, you have to unlock it.

- Some guns (single action, ie how they work in real life) require you to actively cycle them. You get used to it when you're aware of it, and double action guns don't work like that because it does the action automatically.

- It starts out slowly in the same way that Persona 5 starts out slowly. First chapter is linear, second chapter a lot of the missions are introducing you to the open world activities. Second chapter you can just fuck off and go all over the map if you want to.

- Viewing 10/10 as "perfect" is looking at the review scale wrong, there is no "perfect" game as there is no objective way to rate a game as "perfect". Just view those as meaning the game is basically a must play game.

- The first full sentence that guys says in that video should inform to you that nothing he says should be taken seriously.