• 36-50 Hours
    • 50-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting now as I have surpassed 100 hours. Easily looking at around 50+ hours each for the single player and MP. Shame there's no stats page though. :(

There is in multiplayer if you go into progress menu, but doesn't seem to be one in single player which makes no sense to me considering it is in every single other Rockstar game

I think 150 to 200 hours, wild guess. Great game btw!

Multiplayer took me 25 hours. But i did use xp exploits to reach rank 50. I think it would be way way higher if you did it legit. Close to 100 hours.

It’s hard to judge how long single player took because there is no total play time. It is definitely over 100. Might be around 150 hours for single player. Completing the game, then getting 100% completion. Skinng and studying every animal and then you have to get 70 golds.

So probably looking at 150-200 hours total for me.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone curious about how long the online trophies will take...

I 'boosted' the last online story mission effectively solo. I've got 2 PS4s so I borrowed a mate's copy of RD2 and created a PSN account to get 2 weeks free PS Plus. Total play time 35 hours (that is all online trophies). Literally completed the tutorial, did story missions, then replayed the last one until level 50 (you're looking at about 5000 plus kills), then cleaned up the other online trophies. The last mission grind took me 3 days of some fairly big sessions.

Money is going to be your problem. After level 50, I did all the Treasure Maps that you get as you progress up the ranks and was still short.

If you want to do the online 'legit' you are in for one very long grind.

I am glad that is out of the way.

Edited by espjh2

I was in the top 400 to platinum this game, it’s easliy north of 150 200+ hours, could even be 300 for some. Really depends on Animal kills, study and skin. 70 gold skill level, then of course online play. I’m vsw1216

Well even if you platinumed it now you would be be top 650 because there’s only 636 players platinumed it lol.

Multiplayer took me 25 hours.

Numerous sources cite the fastest XP boosting method as delivering 7000 XP per hour. To get to Level 50, you need 337,000 XP. I may not be the swiftest at basic division, but... doesn't this mean that getting to Level 50 should take a minimum of 48 hours? :think:

Edited by MrMinderbinder

Numerous sources cite the fastest XP boosting method as delivering 7000 XP per hour. To get to Level 50, you need 337,000 XP. I may not be the swiftest at basic division, but... doesn't this mean that getting to Level 50 should take a minimum of 48 hours? :think:

First of all, you don’t need 337,100 to reach rank 50. Where have you got that from? It takes 175,300.

And secondly, 7,000 xp an hour is not the fastest way to earn xp. I did the challenge award method and was earning approx 10,000 xp an hour. So that’s why it only took me 25 hours.

my rarest is somehow LittleBigPlanet 3, which is at 0.1%.

I think with red dead, it is such a popular game that pretty much everyone has played it. Alot of casual players who have no interest in trophies. It’s the same with cod. My second rarest trophy is the black ops 3 platinum. My third rarest is the GT Sport platinum which ironically, is the hardest one by far lol.

And i’ve just looked and little big planet 3 platinum is at 2%.

Red dead 2 platinum is only at 0.43%

Edited by Radford999

Well even if you platinumed it now you would be be top 650 because there’s only 636 players platinumed it lol.

I got my platinum back on December 30th, had no idea that it was still at such a low number! :eek:

I wish there was a tracker for single player, but I'd say easily over 200 hours for me...I didn't rush anything and spent a lot of time early on exploring without advancing the story much. I used the mission exploit to grind out the online rank trophy and spent a good deal of time hunting and fishing to get the cash to buy everything I needed. (Horses and stalls).

Amazing game from start to finish...it felt pretty awesome to finally get the platinum in it.

According to this: https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/campaigns/2018/wrap-up/

I put in 228 hours into RDR2 in 2018. I haven't played it at all in 2019, and I still need the 18 bear attacks, 70 gold medals, and scanning all the animals. I already reached level 50 in MP.

So the plat time is easily 250+ hours total.

Neat! Turns out I put 279 hours into RDR2 in 2018. Though I'm sure a chunk of it was AFK. By the time I platinum it, it's possible I put more time into this game than any other game ever (if it's not there already). It'll be at least 400 hours :o Second and third place were Persona 5 (140 hours) and Persona 4 Golden (84 hours) :rofl: But, hey, at least I gave the Vita some love in 2018!

Neat! Turns out I put 279 hours into RDR2 in 2018. Though I'm sure a chunk of it was AFK. By the time I platinum it, it's possible I put more time into this game than any other game ever (if it's not there already). It'll be at least 400 hours :o Second and third place were Persona 5 (140 hours) and Persona 4 Golden (84 hours) :rofl: But, hey, at least I gave the Vita some love in 2018!

I don't know why Sony doesn't make stats like these available at all times. They clearly have access to it...

I don't know why Sony doesn't make stats like these available at all times. They clearly have access to it...

One thing I will always love about the Wii and 3DS. It's always cool to check out how long I've been playing, how many times I've booted a game up, and my average time playing per session. Switch has it, but it's very bare bones :(