• 21-25 Hours
    • 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 50-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

9uNRreI.png 

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards 100%.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving 100%.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From looking at Powerpyx’s early trophy guide and roadmap, it’s going to be at least 250 hours plus. He has listed it as 200 hours for single player. No idea about the online portion of the game, but by looking at the trophies, looks like it will be at least 50 hours. Maybe alot more.

From looking at Powerpyx’s early trophy guide and roadmap, it’s going to be at least 250 hours plus. He has listed it as 200 hours for single player. No idea about the online portion of the game, but by looking at the trophies, looks like it will be at least 50 hours. Maybe alot more.

200 plus hours for single player alone? Oh lordy, If the online ranks are anything like RDR1 then getting to rank 50 will take forever.

200 plus hours for single player alone? Oh lordy, If the online ranks are anything like RDR1 then getting to rank 50 will take forever.

When RDR1 was released, the online multiplayer was notoriously glitchy. At one point, hideouts were glitched for a day and awarding absurd amounts of XP. I remember rolling over my rank to several of the "prestige" levels due to that one glitch happening.

As in the rules above, this thread is for posting how long it takes you yourself to plat the game not what others or what other people estimate.

Please don’t vote/post until you have played the game for what would be deemed a considerable amount of time.

All the best.

Still bothers me how this (and the difficulty thread) get posted before anyone has even earned the platinum. I feel that should be a prerequisite :think: Either that or a grace period. It's extremely pointless right now, and throws off the numbers because people vote early thinking they're clever or tough shit.

I think even if you are going for the quickest possible platinum time, you are still looking at 100+ hours. I think you can extrapolate based on your current play time and currently achieved trophies whether or not a platinum is achievable within 100 hours. I've probably put in 20-25 hours already and I've got only 6 bronze trophies (8% trophy completion). Granted I'm not going for quickest possible platinum, but like I said I would bet it's still easily 100+ hours for the average player.

By the way, I haven't seen any place to check playing time. I'd be surprised if Rockstar didn't include this mechanic, as it seems to be in every single other Rockstar game.

I'm tracking my time manually by using a mobile application.

One day, if I don't screw up, I'll be posting one more time in this thread to blow you away with my precise statistics.

That day won't be soon :whistle: but it should be something along the lines of:

- Time needed to complete story mode

- Time needed to 100% game completion

- Time needed to complete Red Dead Online

- Time needed to platinum

See you.. maybe never :think:

Yeah def feels like the 200 hours for only SP from powerpyx is spot on. Animals. Compendium. Gold missions. Man Might even outdo monster hunter world platinum. I think it took me around 220 or something hours for that. It will be a long process. Not something to doin one sitting. Ill problably play through the story and some extra then ill play this once in a while while i have other things to play aswell.

Yeah def feels like the 200 hours for only SP from powerpyx is spot on. Animals. Compendium. Gold missions. Man Might even outdo monster hunter world platinum. I think it took me around 220 or something hours for that. It will be a long process. Not something to doin one sitting. Ill problably play through the story and some extra then ill play this once in a while while i have other things to play aswell.

I'm pretty sure you don't need 100% in the compendium for 100% completion. I think the most time consuming part will be trying to get 70 gold medals on missions, especially needing to meet all prerequisites in a single attempt :eek:

I'm at about 70 hours and just under 60% of the single player, I played very leisurely and did a shit ton of side shit that has no impact of completion like crafting and stuff; I think the 250 hour estimate is an exaggeration, probably closer to 180 hours. Still a very time consuming game, but far from being one of the most.

• 4 weeks later...