Red Dead Redemption II | General Questions, Lore, Secrets etc. Discussion Thread

WitcherQueen

How on earth do you differentiate between main story missions and errands/side quests? If anyone knows, please tell me because I've completely stopped playing the yellow marker missions. It's fun exploring but I just want to play the story missions.

- And should we save and complete bounties until chapter 4 (the Honor system)?

- how do we bring up that mini pop up menu that pops up on the left hand side? I've done it accidentally 3 times and can't figure out how I did it. I thought it was the d-pad (left or down) but nothing.

- how do you find out about home steads?

- What's the quickest way to earn money? I know there's currently a cheat (exploit) you can do but I'm afraid if I do it, it will corrupt my save file (I only have 1 save file)

- where do I find the 2nd debt mission for strauss? And what is it called? Actually what are all the missions for him (lending a hand trophy) called? It's the one with the p______r(?)

Main story missions are yellow, side quests are white.

Press :dpadleft: to bring up the log, hold it to bring up the journal. Quickest way to earn money is just doing story missions.

The debt missions are all called Lending a Hand, they just have I, II, III, IV etc added on.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was randomly exploring the very northwest part of the map, slightly below Grizzly West, and I found a house with an old lady with a shotgun :rofl:

She also had 4 dogs that were trained to attack, so I had to kill them all and lose a ton of Honour, but she had some XP Boosting items and a piece of a treasure map. Pretty cool hidden area!

i love this game! recently got into opera, so i love the flower duet that plays at camp from time to time :D also love the finale to chapter 3, holy hell was i having a blast. it's ismilar to one of my favorite films, which made it all the better and th esecond i saw the area i knew something like that would likely go down at some point.

Random event:

A guy up in the hills (Above Valentine) was being attacked by a wolf, shouts out for help, so naturally I help, kill the wolf and the guy begs for medicine.

Upon giving him the medicine, he threw the bottle away in rage, and before I could blow the fucker away to my annoyance he bled out. Fortunately I recovered some 3 star rated pelts so it wasn’t all bad.

Still annoyed though, I picked up his body and lobbed it off the cliff, only to be ravaged myself to death moments later by a pack of wolves!! :confused: :( :rofl:

I got a notification saying that if I press :cross: at the same time the horse gallops it doesn't spend any stamina but I didn't manage to get the timing quite right. Does anybody have any tips?

BUMP

They need to remove Poker and Domino asap... I keep playing those for hours without even care about doing any quest at all :p

I try to avoid it because the same happened to me on RDR :p

Random event:

A guy up in the hills (Above Valentine) was being attacked by a wolf, shouts out for help, so naturally I help, kill the wolf and the guy begs for medicine.

Upon giving him the medicine, he threw the bottle away in rage (...)

On my save the guy begged me to shoot him, I tried to give him the medicine and you know the rest

Edited by jvaferreira

Random event:

Upon giving him the medicine, he threw the bottle away in rage, and before I could blow the fucker away to my annoyance he bled out. Fortunately I recovered some 3 star rated pelts so it wasn’t all bad.

Still annoyed though, I picked up his body and lobbed it off the cliff, only to be ravaged myself to death moments later by a pack of wolves!! :confused: :( :rofl:

Crazy things can happen in the Wild West!

Random event:

Love the randomness at times. :D

I got a notification saying that if I press :cross: at the same time the horse gallops it doesn't spend any stamina but I didn't manage to get the timing quite right. Does anybody have any tips?

I tried it once but didn't really pay attention if I was doing it. Was too busy focusing on the ride itself. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless your stamina is that bad and you're really in a rush. Keep at it, I guess.

I just spent nearly two actual hours trying to get the 3 perfect rabbit skins for one of the challenges. There are 90 total!

I probably spent about 4-5 and killed 100+ rabbits until I realized you have to use specific weapons for specific animals to get perfect pelts :mad: stupid mechanic IMO

Also I'm on gambling challenge 8 which requires you to win 3 hands of blackjack while hitting 3 or more times. Literally pure luck. I finally after about an hour had one hand that I hit 3 times to get 19, and the dealer gets 19 also :mad:

Edited by Poindexter2291

Quick question: I acquired the rare shotgun. If I would lose it or switch it by accident, I will never be able to acquire it again? Or can it be found somewhere?

I'm wondering the same thing about unique hats... I found a civil war hat, and was wearing it during a mission. Well it fell off and now I can't find it. It's not on my horse either :/. Haven't checked camp wardrobe

In case anyone having trouble with the berry locations.

Check the area due North of Valentine labeled Dakota River for the winter berry and for huckleberry look around the river leading northeast out of Rhodes. You may have to travel NE for a bit

I have not been able to find blackberries yet. I've got 3/4 berries needed for one of the herbalist challenges but cant find a 4th (blackberry would be #4)

Quick question: I acquired the rare shotgun. If I would lose it or switch it by accident, I will never be able to acquire it again? Or can it be found somewhere?

On these side quests where you can acquire a weapon, why do I have to drop the one I have, isn't there a chest or something in camp where I can store everything? I don't get it.

I have not been able to find blackberries yet. I've got 3/4 berries needed for one of the herbalist challenges but cant find a 4th (blackberry would be #4)

I found the other two right around the middle of the map. Around camp and to the east.

Edited by Gage
Please use edit post instead of double posting

On these side quests where you can acquire a weapon, why do I have to drop the one I have, isn't there a chest or something in camp where I can store everything? I don't get it.

So far it seems like everything needs to be stored on your horse, which makes horse reviver one possibly the most valuable item in the game

As soon as you pick up one of the special guns you own them for good, you can't lose them. You don't lose your other gun either that you dropped, it just goes in your horse selection.

what do you actually do for breaking and entering? i have 2/4 done, but no clue how i did that, as i did more tonight but it didn't count?

There's specific locations that count towards this, they're normally locations with people in them that you have to interrogate/kill to get stuff from them, normally a hidden spot with extra money.

Edited by Gage

Has anyone started the hunting quest for Mrs Hobbs? It's the one you pick up at a post office/train station by grabbing the poster. I got a perfect rabbit carcass but couldn't see how I could post it when I went to a post office. Does it have to be the same post office where I picked up the quest? Do I need to grab all the animals in the first step, so a rabbit and a squirrel?

I lost the rabbit when I crashed my horse so I'd have to grab another one anyway. :/

Anyone know how to tell when you're near the end of a chapter or when you're at the last story mission in that chapter? Don't want to miss out on trophies and don't want to play entire game again (unless its a NG+ mode, but that's never gonna happen).

So yellow markers are only story missions, right? White markers are only those random side quests? Errands (still dont know how to trigger) and the items you collect to complete it are just collectibles, correct? I have no idea and I've stopped playing the game. I've been in chapter 2 for agessss. Where do I find the items for Dutch and Strauss? I thought it would mark it on your map for you.

I really need money for the fast travel, I've donated all the money I had for camp upgrades. I've got dutch's camp but need to get Arthur's upgrade. I have no money. Can you only upgrade the satchel once?

Edited by WitcherQueen

I was doing the money lending quest, got the stash out of the hole in the tree. There is a cabin just south of it full of skeletons, looks like a cult drank the kool aid. If you go at night a UFO hovers over the cabin and shines a green light. When you leave the cabin it takes off so stay in to get a good look. I clipped a video and took some screen shots but I’m

not sure how to share them. Anyone else find it? Cool Easter egg.