Red Dead Redemption II | General Questions, Lore, Secrets etc. Discussion Thread

WitcherQueen

Where do we go in-game to access the preorder war horse and survival pack? How do we switch guns (loot enemies' guns)? Something to do wait hours L1 and dropping your other gun. But if we drop that gun does that mean to re-equip the first (dropped) gun, we need to buy it again? Hopefully you know what I'm trying to convey with the guns.

Has anyone tried the RD2 share factory theme yet? I wanted to try but I've never used share factory before and the description says you need to download the app, which I don't have. How does it work?

How many shots/bows does it take to down a bear? And how do we safely climb down ladders? I found a high structure (tower?) with a ladder and my Arthur died because I couldn't figure out how to get down. He fell. Not pretty. I thought you lean at the ladder it automatically climbs down for you. Nope. Don't do that.

How long does the disc take to install?
Freaken ages!! Waaaay too long. About 2-2.5ish hours (though probably somewhere in between) for me at least. And once you put the first disc in (data disc) you need to wait for the entire install to finish. Rest mode seemed to slow down the installation for me.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, that long? Is that normal? I haven't bought discs lately but it used to be just insert the disc and play.

I think the last disc I bought was Horizon and I remember it only taking 15 minutes or so

Didnt even take that I don’t think, by the time i’d set up etc it was within the hour.

The patch albeit 3.5gb was done in a minute or two.

I'd be interested in the answer to this as I'm in the same boat?

i looked at power pyx mission guide and it only shows part III of the mary mission and debt collecting mission. looks like we'll be good if we have those in the mission log for chapter 2.

There’s no checkpoint restart?

I’m at the deer mission, missed the 2nd ...

Just want to know for other missions, I’ll make saves differently ..

Yeah i wish they had a better saving system like fallout quick save quick load.

Did something bad in the game by mistake and wanted to reload but last auto save was 20 min ago.

How do you know your honor level? I see where it has a category under player but doesn’t really go in depth on it.

If you tap down on the D-Pad a bar comes up on the screen with a small head icon somewhere in between a black and white meter bar. Depending on what you want to play like, keep it to the right as much as possible to avoid missing trophies that require good honour.

Unless its tracked more in depth on the R* Social Club, of which I havent checked yet?

If you tap down on the D-Pad a bar comes up on the screen with a small head icon somewhere in between a black and white meter bar. Depending on what you want to play like, keep it to the right as much as possible to avoid missing trophies that require good honour.

Unless its tracked more in depth on the R* Social Club, of which I havent checked yet?

Ah yes, thank you. I have seen that bar before now that you mention it.

How do we donate meat (from hunting) we've got to the camp? I've tried going to the butcher but he's not there. Same goes for medicine and ammunition. Are we supposed to buy the camp upgrade first?

So the early hunting mission with H, were you supposed to go back or stay? Because I stayed and well, the animal I was trying to Hunt won that round. Lost my hat (I thought if you lose your hat is shows up on the map?) and want to get it back but I hat no idea where it is. Is this animal a legendary animal? I heard it was but I don't remember the game telling me that it was.

I'm still try to figure out how to climb down ladders. If your horse dies, what happens to your your weapons on the saddle?