Genres of music you hate?

Jake_357

Well, I thought this would be interesting. Since we have a thread about favorite genres, what about least favorite genres?

I'll start us off I guess.

Post-Grunge. I grew up to this music, and I even hated it when I was a kid. When I was in a band/playing music with people, I had to learn a lot of these songs from countless bands and it was just painful for me. Any genre that has Creed or Nickelback in it, is automatic shit. Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and Pearl Jam were cool. But playing a half ass'd version of their music a decade later, with short hair, isn't cool.

Country. Not the old Country like Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson, I don't exactly love that stuff but I can appreciate it and I would never say anything bad about some of those guys. But this new Country, whatever it's called, is trash to me. Poppy dance songs from singers that all sound alike, with music that all sounds alike. It's terrible.

New Rap. Now idk all the genres of Rap like some do, this is music that I only occasionally listen to. But whatever is playing when you turn a Rap station on the radio is what I'm talking about. Unoriginal, all sounds the same, same lyrics, same everything. I feel like some of this new stuff makes Tupac and Biggie roll over in their graves.

Art Rock. There's two sides to this coin. One side of this is my favorite genre of music, and the other side is something I cannot stand. There's a lot of Proto-Punk bands from the late 60's and Post-Punk bands from the late 70's that people go crazy over, and some consider them the best bands ever and some of their albums the best ever. I find them extremely pretentious and overly dramatic, with that self importance and seriousness that many "modernist" artist have. The music is usually weak, the vocals are usually weak, and the "Poetry" lyrics are just lame. Basically, it feels like hipster music.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Country. Not the old Country like Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson, I don't exactly love that stuff but I can appreciate it and I would never say anything bad about some of those guys. But this new Country, whatever it's called, is trash to me. Poppy dance songs from singers that all sound alike, with music that all sounds alike. It's terrible.

"Bro-Country" is the name I've most often seen to describe it.

Basically whatever genre Pink Floyd is. I'm pretty all-rounded and tolerant of almost all genres, but Pink Floyd is just plain awful.

JK. This was purely just to piss of Jake. Pink Floyd is all good.

ACDC on the other hand...

Now all we need is Darth to come in here and be like, "Fuck Kanye West".

And yeah, fuck this song to hell. I never need to hear it or about 15 of their other songs ever again.

[ame]

[/ame]

I came real close to adding Blues Rock to my list, but I can't throw every single one of those old bands under the bus like that. But the vast majority of them do bore the shit out of me.

Edited by Jake_357

I hate everything except Video Game music. :rofl:

Nah, I enjoy some stuff. :p I love listening to Rock and Jazz music, but I hate rap and the new-age Pop music. 90's Pop was good and everything went downhill after 2000.

Also despise Country as well. Literally every song is either about someone's truck or their dog.

rap music.

I am not aware of a single rapper that isn't a complete degenerate.

They all look like they have been dressed by a blind person and walk like they are disabled.

Most of them are in gangs as well.:o

What sort of self respecting adult is in a gang?

The last time I was in a gang I was ten. We formed at lunch break and disbanded before we went back into the classroom as it was all a bit embarrassing.

rap music.

They all look like they have been dressed by a blind person and walk like they are disabled.

The last time I was in a gang I was ten. We formed at lunch break and disbanded before we went back into the classroom as it was all a bit embarrassing.

I'm just going to ignore how this could be interpreted as racist and link you this instead

[ame]

[/ame]

rap music.

Do you see how wrong you were now? :rofl:

I don't mind rap, and if it's done right I can really get into it. On the topic of 'Rappin' for Jesus', I quite like a song called Let The Horns Blow, by DJ Balance and Surreal, which is a Christian rap song.

[ame]

[/ame]

I'm just going to ignore how this could be interpreted as racist and link you this instead

Racist?:rofl:

I said what I did on how they dress, walk and the music they put out.

Colour of skin never even entered my head.

Since you bought it up.

Do white people dress like idiots? Yes.

Do white people walk funny? Yes.

Are there white rappers? Yes.

Have another go cully.:o

Do you see how wrong you were now? :rofl:

Because of the video?

No, I don't.

I don't see the link between the video and my post at all.:confused:

Fuck Kanye West.

He's a fucking genius

rap music.

I won't try to change your opinion, because I dislike about 80% of Rap myself.

But there is some out there that's done by guys who actually know what they're doing and know how music works, Kanye being the best example. Something like his 808s & Heartbreak (idk if you can exactly call this Rap) or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are produced fantastically, and cut out the bullshit of typical Rap, while having some pretty decent depth. I'd even go as far to say My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is the best album released so far this century, and "The Dark Side of the Moon" of Rap. Childish Gambino is another who is doing some surprisingly good stuff.

Then your classic guys from the 90's, while they may have been in gangs and rapped about some very typical stuff, they also had raw talent, which most guys today don't have.

Rock is my heart and soul, and I'm very picky about certain forms of music, but there is some Rap I can give my undivided attention to.

Kanye best genre

Thank you

Edited by Jake_357

I dislike most genres within metal with only a few exceptions but I absolutely fucking hate any screamo. It's probably the only genre of music I really can't stand. Any time Triple J plays it I switch channels.

On the topic of rap/hip-hop, there's good and bad like anything else. Good: J.Cole, Childish Gambino. Bad: Lil Pump, 6ix9ine, most other Soundcloud rappers.

I can't stand any "dad rock" or "stadium rock" or "glam metal". So AC/DC, GnR, Bon Jovi, Kiss or whatever. Funny since the last band influenced my favourite metal band.

As for other generic genres, I'm indifferent. I don't hate pop or rap, I just don't care for most of it.