Anyone Believe Final Fantasy X-3 will Happen After this remake?

I nearly forgot about it but the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster had sold well and the demand was there from the fans. In 2016, X-3 was pretty much confirmed to happen at some point. It's even on their to do list. Only issue is some of the people behind the game were working on Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake.

It's impossible to be work on such titles at the same time and do Final Fantasy X-3. At this point, just maybe X-3 will end up being a PlayStation 5 game? :eek:

Old video from 2016:

[ame]

[/ame]

If it is in the cards, I imagine it'll take a long time before it ever sees the light of day. KH3 is getting released early next year, but wasn't it stated that the FF7 remake was announced years too early? Either way, would it even be worth returning to a sequel released almost two decades ago?

I think it would've happened by now, the bonus audio is also pretty absurd, Tidus killed by a bomb? lol

I don't remember this...

I just remember Yuna dumping Tidas ass (with subtext that she was actually trying to protect him and/or wanted him to chase her or save her or something)

Which is why X-3 should never get made. I already invested in the outcome of X/X-2 and the teaser for X-3 made all of it meaningless. That's just horseshit.

X-2 might not have been the best but Tidus should be the main protagonist again for it. I would like some sort of closure for this series. One can only hope. I would throw money at it instantly if it happens.

Agree 100%. While I didn't love the story that much on X-2, I loved the dress sphere system. Reminded me a bit of the equipment based ability learning from FFIX with the job system of FFT.

If they could resuscitate the story in a meaningful way, I would be ecstatic.

Edited by dotcom

• 2 weeks later...
Final Fantasy X -Will- | Final Fantasy Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Read with care: This ruined the most important aspect of FFX, IMO

One might benefit from ignoring it altogether

That doesn't exist to me. :whistle:

Makes X-2 pointless when you read what happens between Yuna and Tidus. I mean really? That isn't like those two characters at all.

My wife and I were talking about the idea of a FFX prequel, there's a lot of material in there that I think would be great to explore.

The story would be about Braska's pilgrimage with Jecht and Auron. It could explain how Jecht got to Spira, how he wound up in jail, Auron as a monk, the story of Yuna's mother, the battle with Sin on the Calm Lands, how Jecht became Sin, the battle/conversation/revelation with Yunalesca.

There's a lot that that kind of story could cover, and I'd much rather see that than a sequel.

My wife and I were talking about the idea of a FFX prequel, there's a lot of material in there that I think would be great to explore.

The story would be about Braska's pilgrimage with Jecht and Auron. It could explain how Jecht got to Spira, how he wound up in jail, Auron as a monk, the story of Yuna's mother, the battle with Sin on the Calm Lands, how Jecht became Sin, the battle/conversation/revelation with Yunalesca.

There's a lot that that kind of story could cover, and I'd much rather see that than a sequel.

I always wanted to know the whole story behind that journey too. But the battle system would only be a party of those three characters. It might get boring for some people. Then again, X-2 only had three characters too. :think:

I always wanted to know the whole story behind that journey too. But the battle system would only be a party of those three characters. It might get boring for some people. Then again, X-2 only had three characters too. :think:

I would be fine with sacrificing party/job versatility if the alternative is trying to shoehorn in some extra new characters in order to try to protect party versatility.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

That would make an amazing game! something I have always wondered about myself, especially after playing the Dissidia mobile game as Jecht.

• 8 months later...

I like FFX and X-2 alright, but maybe we can just get a great FFXVI that makes us not long for the old stuff to return but fall in love with a new FF entry?

Even this remake is pretty much just there because they alienated the fanbase so much that they feel they need to hey-remember-you-liked-me-once us with more milking of FFVII. (No shade.)