Gorogoa - Roadmap and Trophy Guide

SpaceCoresDad

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 (personal opinion (Platinum Difficulty Rating)
  • Offline trophies: 12 (11(G), 1(P))
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 30mins - 2hrs (personal opinion) (Estimated Time to Platinum)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 but 2-3 are recommended
  • Number of missable trophies: 2 - Dexterity (G) and But Why? (G)
  • Glitched trophies: 1 - Dexterity (G)
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
  • Do trophies stack?: Yes, the EU and NA versions have their own lists.
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.
  • Additional peripherals required?: No

Introduction:

Welcome to the trophy guide for Gorogoa! A beautiful but short, hand-drawn puzzle game that focuses on the more meta aspects of puzzle solving. The puzzles themselves aren't very difficult but they can be intriguing, and with a little extra effort the trophies should come easily as well.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Play through the game normally.

Gorogoa is not very long and it's unlikely that even with a walkthrough you will get the two trophies that require an entire playthrough on your first try without a lot of pausing. Just try to figure out the puzzles and do your best to memorize the solutions.

At the end of this step, you should receive at least the following trophies:

(G) First Fruit

(G) Second Fruit

(G) Third Fruit

(G) Fourth Fruit

(G) Fifth Fruit

(G) Devotion

Step 2: Complete the game in less than 30 minutes.

This isn't as difficult as it sounds, especially because you already know what all the puzzles are. If you need to, watch a video or two before going in so you know how to do things the quickest and try not to stress out too much about it. If you're very confident, you can try to complete it in under 500 moves as well but focus more on speed.

At the end of this step, you should receive at least the following trophy:

(G) But Why? - Missable

Step 3: Finish the game in under 500 moves.

If you weren't able to do this in step 2, get it done here. If you haven't done it yet, don't try to get the "right wrong time" on the clock. You will waste your moves. Video walkthroughs can help with this if you're having issues.

(G) Dexterity - Glitched and Missable

Step 4: Complete the bonus level

After completing the game once, you will unlock the bonus level so do it now.

Old is New (G)

Step 5: Cleanup

If you haven't gotten the two miscellaneous trophies yet, then you can use chapter select to get them.

At the end of this step, you should have the following trophies:

(G) Right Wrong

(G) First Try

(P) All Done

Edited by Terminator
Gudie revisions by Terminator, 25/08/2018.

Trophy Guide:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7146/a3d.jpg All Done (P)

Unlock all trophies.

Earn all of the other trophies to get this one.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7146/c92.jpg First Fruit (G)

Complete Chapter One.

Story related, cannot be missed.

Once you collect the red fruit from the branch, the trophy will unlock.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7146/75e.jpg Second Fruit (G)

Complete Chapter Two.

Once you collect the green fruit from the statue, the trophy will unlock.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7146/bed.jpg Third Fruit (G)

Complete Chapter Three.

Once you collect the yellow fruit from the stars, the trophy will unlock.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7146/4c3.jpg Fourth Fruit (G)

Complete Chapter Four.

Once you collect the blue fruit from the photographs, the trophy will unlock.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7146/aad.jpg Fifth Fruit (G)

Complete Chapter Five.

Once you collect the purple fruit from the top of the tower, the trophy will unlock.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7146/88a.jpg Right Wrong (G)

Set the clock tower to the right wrong time.

There will come a point in Chapter Three where you need to use a compass and a temperature gauge to make the hands of a clock. To get this trophy, you will need to heat up the temperature gauge with the fire all the way as usual but the compass needs to be pointing straight down. You can accomplish this by positioning the square with the compass on it directly above the star on the globe after zooming in on it. Put the temperature gauge on top of the compass, put the clock face on top of both, then zoom out. It should be night outside and the trophy will unlock. If you don't get this on your first playthrough, you can just use chapter select to avoid playing through the whole game again.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7146/18c.jpg First Try (G)

Complete the falling rock puzzle on the first try.

In Chapter Three, you will need to use a rock falling in the injured boy's room to break a glass dome inside the older boy's study. This will involve zooming in on both squares and positioning them one above the other, then swapping them before the rock falls too far. It can be tricky to get the first time but by the time you do the speedrun or less than 500 moves run, you should know what to do. If you're still having trouble, check out the video in the But Why? walkthrough and use chapter select if necessary.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7146/b76.jpg Devotion (G)

Finish the game.

After the four quadrants come together and the camera zooms into the creature's eye, this trophy should pop either on the screen displaying the game's title or during the credits.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7146/304.jpg Dexterity (G)

Complete the game in under 500 moves.

GLITCHED and MISSABLE

This is likely the hardest trophy in the game, because while there is room for error, you will have to know the puzzles very well before attempting it. A "move" is classified as every time you press :cross:, whether or not something actually happens. This includes zooming in, zooming out, panning the camera any direction, moving a square to a different space or accidentally hitting the button while nothing happens. It counts even when the hourglass shows up for your cursor so be careful.

Some have reported this trophy not popping when it was supposed to (including myself) but closing the application completely, re-opening it and playing through the game again with less than 500 moves seems to fix the problem.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7146/82e.jpg But Why? (G)

Complete the game in under 30 minutes.

MISSABLE

This isn't as hard as it sounds. As long as you know the game fairly well and don't let the pressure get to you, you can easily beat it with plenty of time to spare. Pausing the game also stops the clock so if you need some time to do something else or check a guide, this can help. Maka91Productions has an excellent guide on how to do this, with commentary so you don't have to look away from the game as much.

[ame]

[/ame]

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7146/ada.jpg Old is New (G)

Complete the original 2012 demo.

After you complete the main game, you will gain access to the tech demo used to promote the game in 2012. A lot of the puzzles are similar to the ones in the main game and they have all the same mechanics so it shouldn't take you very long to beat.

Edited by Terminator
Editorial Sweep.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/guides/guide_stuck_platinum.gif

Congratulations :).

Don't forget to post in the Guide Updates thread here: Updates Needed on a Main Site Trophy Guide or Roadmap? Let us know here. if you ever make any updates to your guide and if you add any Trophy Tags or find any that are missing or incorrect, either here or on the Main Site version(s) of the Guide, then please tell us here: Missing or Incorrect Trophy Tags reporting thread - PlaystationTrophies.org :).

Why the 5/10?

People in the polls didn't even vote. The 5 there was clearly from someone who didn't use a guide and your guide didn't even exist at the time.

As for the comments. They all said 3/10. You don't always have to use the polls for this info as your logic is also more logical. Chances are, your info would make it 2 or 3 out of 10.

Edit:

Thanks for the guide. The game definitely ain't no 5/10

You're also missing a step in the Roadmap. After you've completed the game at least once. You unlock Chapter Select and the original 2012 demo. Obviously, you'll need to play the 2012 demo if you want the Platinum. :)

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden
merge posts

Why the 5/10?

People in the polls didn't even vote. The 5 there was clearly from someone who didn't use a guide and your guide didn't even exist at the time.

As for the comments. They all said 3/10. You don't always have to use the polls for this info as your logic is also more logical. Chances are, your info would make it 2 or 3 out of 10.

Edit:

Thanks for the guide. The game definitely ain't no 5/10

You're also missing a step in the Roadmap. After you've completed the game at least once. You unlock Chapter Select and the original 2012 demo. Obviously, you'll need to play the 2012 demo if you want the Platinum. :)

I've updated the Road Map to include the missing info :).

First time playing I followed the video walkthrough as is. Did not get both missables trophies at end. I could have made other mistakes. Another play through and it popped.

Second time platinuming this game I followed this video again. And holy smokes this guy who did this video made several extra moves and mistakes. Those mistakes are costly so don’t follow this move by move. Understand the solution and then do it.

HUGE HINT : abuse the cloud save feature.

I loaded my save very often. Reloaded game and did some more steps and saved again. Repeat the process with the above guide.

Save extra moves by saving to cloud before the 2 miscellaneous trophies. Pop the miscellaneous trophy, then just reload your save, saving you those extra unnecessary moves/time

• 3 months later...

Id say play it all through, if u make some mistakes dont reload checkpoint redoing the chapter... I did this n was near perfect move wise, yet dexterity didnt pop...

So im thinkin u have to do it all thru in one go. Unless anyone can confirm they reloaded checkpoints n still got the trophy?

Edited by esstee11

Id say play it all through, if u make some mistakes dont reload checkpoint redoing the chapter... I did this n was near perfect move wise, yet dexterity didnt pop...

So im thinkin u have to do it all thru in one go. Unless anyone can confirm they reloaded checkpoints n still got the trophy?

I reload checkpoint at least 30x in the entire game. I can confirm reloading checkpoints work

. You have to make sure you upload to cloud when your ready to save progress, then when you fuck up, grab that save from the cloud and overwrite your current save.

I do want to mention I followed the video guide located in a seperate post on the form. Not the one detailed above in the road map/trophy guide.

I reload checkpoint at least 30x in the entire game. I can confirm reloading checkpoints work

. You have to make sure you upload to cloud when your ready to save progress, then when you fuck up, grab that save from the cloud and overwrite your current save.

I do want to mention I followed the video guide located in a seperate post on the form. Not the one detailed above in the road map/trophy guide.

Ahh nuts I did no cloud saves.

Thanks for the response tho :)

For an ezpz iv struggled wirh this bugger! Lol.

I had to repeat fuk ups so many times yesterday tho I reckon I kno it off by heart by now n my next playthru will be a breeze lol I HOPE!

Ahh nuts I did no cloud saves.

Thanks for the response tho :)

For an ezpz iv struggled wirh this bugger! Lol.

I had to repeat fuk ups so many times yesterday tho I reckon I kno it off by heart by now n my next playthru will be a breeze lol I HOPE!

Yep. Abuse that save cloud feature.

And when you get to the rock fall and clock parts, make a save in the beginning - after you obtain the miscellaneous trophies, reload back to the beginning of rock fall/clock to get those moves back.

Yep. Abuse that save cloud feature.

And when you get to the rock fall and clock parts, make a save in the beginning - after you obtain the miscellaneous trophies, reload back to the beginning of rock fall/clock to get those moves back.

Eugh. Struggling. how can i release the moth without using all those moves? EDIT nevermind i finally completed it doing the rock puzzle the only way i knew how.

Edited by esstee11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/15/2018 at 9:51 PM, SpaceCoresDad said:

Pausing the game also stops the clock so if you need some time to do something else or check a guide, this can help.

Negative, Ghost Rider. I just attempted this with Maka's video and did not receive the But Why? trophy. I know it was under 30 minutes because I was following him step-for-step and pausing. At one point I quit the game to backup my save to the cloud, then restarted the game and continued from that checkpoint. Although I finished in under 30 minutes, no trophy unlocked. Perhaps stopping and restarting the game resets the timer?

I did a second attempt on But Why? with no breaks (my third-and-a-half time playing through the game). I paused the game, but never quit to the XMB. This unbroken attempt earned me the But Why? trophy and platinum.

This is one of Maka's poorer guides. He does extra steps on some of the puzzles, does not adequately prepare in one of the ladder/door puzzles after the purple train, and goofs up the order for heating the boiling golden pot. He focuses on the magnetic needle for the blue arrow and bypasses boiling the golden pot for the Right Wrong Time trophy, which messes up the flow of a speed run. Without heating the pot, he posts a "Skip to 7:42" message, but in doing that, skips over how to heat the golden pot, forcing players to backtrack and waste moves realigning two panels to boil the golden pot and create the correct clock tower time. I still managed to get Dexterity despite Maka's out-of-sequence  instructions, but I would advise all players to boil the golden pot FIRST, then skip to 7:42. 

For such an "easy" game, Gorogoa is rather frustrating. I feel sadly disappointed, because the ideas are so unique and out-of-the-box. The execution of those ideas, however, is meh. I was really looking forward to taking a break from my usual FPS and adventure games to do this beautiful visual poem, but the damn speed run trophy  and "finish in under 500 moves" trophy really sucked fun out of Gorogoa. I cannot recommend this game for trophy hunters. Play it on an alternate account, not your main.

Oh, and it is not possible to platinum this game in 30 minutes on your first try. It is an hour minimum, because you'll watch the video, pause, play the game, pause, watch the next section of video, pause, play the next section of game, pause. That's assuming everything goes right. 

SpaceCoresDad, thanks for the guide. 

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 1