Trophy hunters beware!

johnmgd

It's not impossible, not even that much skill based but mostly luck. Did it with d-pad, maybe 20 tries. This was the best tip, don't smash X too fast:

All the tips above is useful, and I will only add this:

Don’t rush it too much. If you try to change corner or press x to fast the game will bot respond. Find the balance and learn how quick you+ll be able to go without the game responding. It takes luck, yes, but with a few tries this luck will be on your side. Haven’t finished the game yet. But I’m pretty sure ’Threat Neutralized’ is the hardest trophy which makes this plat a 3 on the scale..

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard a few people say "Threat Neutralized" is near-impossible on PS4, especially when using the D-pad, so I uploaded a video to prove otherwise. Personally, I found using the touchpad to be much more difficult, as the game often becomes unresponsive to it, and the cursor speed is uncontrollable.

I memorized each phase, and tried to fire only the required number of shots to destroy the given enemy type (1 for small, 2 for flying, 3 for large), before immediately moving to the next. You can't afford to waste much time firing at a dead bot. Also, don't press the X button too quickly, or the game won't respond. Half of this is luck, since they attack and move randomly.

All in all, there's no need to let this trophy put you off of attempting the platinum for this game on console, despite what some have said. It's clunky, but just takes some practice, and a bit of luck. Anyway, here's the video:

[ame]

[/ame]

Edited by Heir Apparent

Is the descrition for 'The Sacrifice'-Trophy (it's ending 2) eventually wrong? because i failed at catching the cab in Chapter 2 and at the security glyph puzzle in Chapter 5 but still got only Ending 1. Sacrifice is the last trophy i'm missing but don't know how to unlock it:(

Edit: Ok, just did another playthrogh and unlocked Ending 2 + Platinum. So, to unlock Ending 2 make sure beeing mean in dialogues with Jess/Tomcat/Lexi and beeing nice to Turing. And of course don't forget to fail the cub/glyph puzzle.

Edited by Doflamingo27

• 1 month later...
All in all, there's no need to let this trophy put you off of attempting the platinum for this game on console, despite what some have said. It's clunky, but just takes some practice, and a bit of luck.

Completely agree. Using my index finger and the TouchPad worked after about ten minutes of trying. I just spammed shooting and followed a pattern. The D-Pad was too slow for me, but the video helped getting the pattern down. It's really not that hard.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was very afraid of Threat Neutralized. Got it from my second try on Vita. Phobetor trophy is much much worse.

Took maybe 20 tries max with d-pad and x. Really not that challenging as the OP made it seem.

All right, glad I'm not the only one. The op is greatly over exaggerating things to the point that I was laughing when I did this my second attempt. This trophy is not hard at all. I'm shocked that so many people are blindly taking this op's personal experience to heart and that they won't even give the game a shot. Such a shame and a waste. Like mentioned above the Phobetor trophy was way worse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been doing this trophy drinking Tokyo Teas and blacking out at every location so far minus the Police Dept. Keep getting repeat locations and only hit the park once so far. No way my luck is this bad and I've ben doing this for over an hour and half.

I've been doing this trophy drinking Tokyo Teas and blacking out at every location so far minus the Police Dept. Keep getting repeat locations and only hit the park once so far. No way my luck is this bad and I've ben doing this for over an hour and half.

I had the same problem, on my first playthrough there was no way to wake up in the Police Dept, I tried for days. :rant:

Then when I strarted my second run the Police Dept was one of the first that came up, maybe it's tied to the progress in the story?

• 2 weeks later...
I was very afraid of Threat Neutralized. Got it from my second try on Vita. Phobetor trophy is much much worse.

Same here. I used the d-pad on the Vita, not the touch controls. Most enemies were on the top tiles so I just pressed X like crazy and got it 2nd try. I am not sure if there is an animation when you get hit, but I didn't see anything and got no trophy on 1st try.

And yeah, Phobetor was way harder...at least on the Vita. It took me like 5 times to get it done and I wasn't even sure how I did it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Threat Neutralized took me about a half dozen attempts.

My advice is to try using the touchpad throughout the game so that you get better use to it.

Put your controller down on a flat surface like a desk (I used a hardback book in my lap).

Between each round move the cursor so it doesn't end up randomly in the middle of nowhere, like where the text appears.

If you get hit in the 2nd or 3rd round continue on to the 4th anyway so that you can get familiar with enemy layout.

• 2 weeks later...

2 attempts. That trophy was stupid easy. No need to fear this game like OP said.. Used the Dpad and as long as you're not button smashing your shooting you will be fine. In fact if you tried going for that arcade trophy you will get much needed practice in for the real thing.

Now Iron ROM though.. That made me sweat bullets hoping my PS4 doesn't crash or anything and not fudging up the maze area in the end.

• 11 months later...

Seriously, this is one of the more pathetic threads I've ever seen around here...I'm not sure what's worse...the initial post made by someone who can't be more than 15 years old, or the early responses by people saying they won't get the game.

I just started this game myself and got the trophy last night. Took maybe 15 minutes of retries. I didn't even use the touchscreen on the controller like the guides say since I find the thing too erratic...just move the cursor to the top of the screen and zip it between the various targets. There's a bit of luck involved but it's literally three screens that take a total of 30 seconds to do...it's not like it's a huge time-sink to keep retrying. As someone above pointed out, it took me far more time to select all the drinks at Stardust for that trophy.

Worst thread ever.

Edited by El Bastarde

• 3 months later...