Trophy hunters beware!

johnmgd

Do not believe the platinum difficulty and estimated time to platinum polls, people always vote low just to stroke their egos. I've gotten platinums on games that are rated 6, 7, and 8 on this site, so I'm at least average skill.

Simply put, the Threat Neutralized trophy CANNOT be achieved with a standard PS4 controller. The game was designed for PC using a mouse, gamepads will NEVER match that precision & speed. Yeah I see that a tiny percentage of people have somehow gotten the trophy, it was probably through hacking/cheating etc.

Then there's the insane game decision flowchart. You can totally miss trophies by doing or not doing certain tiny things (like throwing the brick), that will earn you another full playthrough. I suppose you could spend hours scouring the internet and poring over guides, but who TF has time and would even WANT to do that for a bargain bin 16-bit point & click adventure game?

Speaking of time, the 10-15 hour platinum estimate is utter bullshit. That's about the time PER playthrough, and you need at least 2 full runs. Everything in this game is painfully slow.

I like point & click adventure games, but this game is not for trophy hunters. I did get a little bit invested in the story & characters, but the sluggish gameplay and insane trophy list made it not worth it. Even if it's free, I recommend passing.

• 1 month later...

Have the game up on ps store now, when I thought I’d check the forums first just to be sure.. After reading all the comments I’m a little bit lost.. Are there more people that can confirm that this is actualy really hard / impossible or is it just one guys opinion?

Could it be compared to other more common games maybe? Talking about the ps4 version btw

I haven't seen anything about it being easier. There is one other thread that mentioned a glitch, but the only follow up to that was saying the glitch didn't work.

It sits at 4.56 rarity at the time I'm writing this, but unless someone can give more concrete info, I would wait it out as long as possible.

Do not believe the platinum difficulty and estimated time to platinum polls, people always vote low just to stroke their egos. I've gotten platinums on games that are rated 6, 7, and 8 on this site, so I'm at least average skill.

Simply put, the Threat Neutralized trophy CANNOT be achieved with a standard PS4 controller. The game was designed for PC using a mouse, gamepads will NEVER match that precision & speed. Yeah I see that a tiny percentage of people have somehow gotten the trophy, it was probably through hacking/cheating etc.

Then there's the insane game decision flowchart. You can totally miss trophies by doing or not doing certain tiny things (like throwing the brick), that will earn you another full playthrough. I suppose you could spend hours scouring the internet and poring over guides, but who TF has time and would even WANT to do that for a bargain bin 16-bit point & click adventure game?

Speaking of time, the 10-15 hour platinum estimate is utter bullshit. That's about the time PER playthrough, and you need at least 2 full runs. Everything in this game is painfully slow.

I like point & click adventure games, but this game is not for trophy hunters. I did get a little bit invested in the story & characters, but the sluggish gameplay and insane trophy list made it not worth it. Even if it's free, I recommend passing.

So it's still possible on the Vita then?

I just want people to know the OP is doing a little bit of fear mongering about the "Threat Neutralized" trophy being impossible but it's not entirely baseless. I am an average to slightly above average gamer on a good day where jeezus smiles upon me and I had very little trouble attaining it. Having said that, this trophy is extremely luck based from what I gather. I'll honestly say that it's probably about 70% luck and 30% skill.

Sad to say there is no glitch to get out of this section. Either that or I never got it to work. Someone reported the glitch saying "it takes the spirit out of the achievement" to an actual developer and he said "we'll look at it" so blame that one dude for taking the glitch out of the game. You cannot save between phases either.

This is not a walkthrough of all 4 phases but it's a tip how to START all 4 phases. The enemies starting position NEVER changes so after the last line of dialogue before they spawn, you have to immediately go the upper left quadrant of the screen (this is where the 30% skill is because you have to be really fast) and fire twice, then USUALLY upper middle, then upper right. The luck portion is all about whether your stupid taser fires when you actually press the button. I've spammed it 10 times in a row and it fired every time and then I've had it stop after the 3rd button press others. I have no clue what makes it stop. The most crucial piece of luck is having the enemies not fly to a section that isn't the top middle. If they fly from the upper right to the upper center quadrant, then you have a good chance of passing the section because you can kill all enemies in the same section with very few shots. If they fly from the upper right down to the middle right quadrant, you'll probably get hit. Them hitting you also seems luck based so you have to be pretty quick.

I recommend using the D-pad over the touch pad because I couldn't really get the touch pad to fire consistently but it's your choice. Overall it took me around 10 tries to get it but admittedly I felt pretty lucky. I thought I would never get the trophy when I first started it. I could see people spending hours potentially because they weren't fast enough to start on the upper left side of the screen. On subsequent playthroughs, trying to get different endings, I did manage to only get hit one time through this section and I wasn't even trying hard so it's definitely possible to do it.

On a different note, the flow chart is easy to follow on this game but the guide does skip a few details (like picking up a brick) that makes you potentially have to do another playthrough. Read the trophy descriptions before you proceed.

One last point to address is the time per playthrough. HOLD THE TRIANGLE BUTTON DOWN. I played the entire game in less than 30 minutes because this makes the dialogue go extremely fast. I did run into an issue twice though where I was locked into a scene unable to do anything except hit pause and exit that made me restart my "iron rom" playthrough.

Wouldn't say this is a 2 on difficulty but maybe a 3 or I guess possibly 4 depending on your luck with that one particular trophy. Not as impossible as people say but it can be frustrating.

I will also confirm it is not impossible. Just got the trophy and I am not an amazing gamer. It did take me many tries to get it (probably 30 minutes at least). I used the d pad and x button. The downside to this is they are slower than the touchpad, but I couldn't control the touchpad well enough to use it. You have to just repeat the minigame, as how the enemies move and when they attack appears to be random, so there is an element of luck. It was never consistent which stages I would pass without getting hit and which ones I would get hit on during my attempts. So just keep at it.

Even if you really can't platinum it, I would still recommend playing through the game if you haven't played it before.

I almost missed playing this game after I read the thread, but I'm glad I went for it anyways. It's not that hard. I'm just an average gamer and I still got the trophy.

I used the touchpad and I got it in about 5-6 times. I feel like the touchpad is way easier to control - I couldn't move fast enough using the d-pad. Also, if it seems unresponsive, try closing out of the game and reload it. It helps more than you'd think it would. It'll take awhile to get the "right" pattern down (I think it's a little luck based)

I would say to not be afraid of this one. It's doable, it just takes some patience. I only need a few more endings and I'll have the platinum myself.

There is absolutley no reason to be scared because of this trophy.

Yes, I read the OP’s post before startibg the game myself and I delayed it by a day because of it.. when I got to this section I was ready to spend hours to get myself through it, but it took me less than ten tries.

All the tips above is useful, and I will only add this:

Don’t rush it too much. If you try to change corner or press x to fast the game will bot respond. Find the balance and learn how quick you+ll be able to go without the game responding. It takes luck, yes, but with a few tries this luck will be on your side. Haven’t finished the game yet. But I’m pretty sure ’Threat Neutralized’ is the hardest trophy which makes this plat a 3 on the scale..

Good luck out there hunters!