Hungry Shark World ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Tuffinz

3EtSzN8.jpg

Banner by Ashbo82

5C2eyoU.png

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10
  • Offline trophies: 14 (11(B), 2(S), 1(G))
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 50 hours
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: Many runs with all sharks
  • Number of missable trophies: None
  • Glitched trophies: None
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No difficulty settings
  • Do trophies stack?: There are EU and AS lists as well if you want to stack the game.
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: None
  • Additional peripherals required?: None

OAJzMia.png

Hungry Shark World is yet another mobile port. It plays similarly to Feeding Frenzy from the PS3 but is a much larger and more grindy game. You're tasked with doing what a shark does best, eating all the things and battling the bigger and scarier sharks and creatures of the sea on your quest to harbor as much gold and eat as much fish until your ultimate demise.

Tp7Uj3u.png

Step 1: Story Missions

When you start off in the game you'll only have the Porbeagle shark unlocked. He is a small guy and there are a lot of things he cannot eat. You'll be given a very short tutorial (which ends up being his first mission) and then you're off to play the game. There are no trophies for the campaign and in the beginning you'll worry you need to start grinding for points, swim distance, human and dolphin kills but don't worry about those now. Solely focus on doing the story mission objectives which consist of finding a map, sometimes a message in a bottle and then completing a small boss fight where you'll rescue your next shark and progress in the story.

You have to unlock sharks to progress the story and to unlock all of the maps. You'll only have the Pacific Ocean map at the beginning until you get further into the story. Each shark you unlock will have 10 missions specific to it that you'll need to complete for Nothing I Can't Do but again you don't need to make these your immediate focus. You won't always have everything needed yet (accessories etc) to complete them all anyhow and all of these missions are made easier once the story is complete.

In this step as you unlock accessories, gadgets and pets start spending money on gadgets and pets only. I would recommend focusing solely on the gadgets but some folks may be pretty tempted to go ahead and unlock pets (they're fun)

You can also access your Ubisoft account to unlock your first accessories and first outfit set (The Sport Set) to pop the Suit Up trophy.

In this step you'll get the following trophies:

Once Upon a Time... (B)

Suit Up (B)

and possibly There's Gold in them thar seas! (B)

You will have unlocked all story related sharks at this point. If you struggle with any of the boss fights or getting through the maps because your shark is weak just put your gold coins currently earned towards gadgets to help you out. There was no point where I needed to farm anything in order to progress. I was always strong enough to beat each boss set with each shark.

Step 2: Unlocking All Sharks

Now that the story missions are complete you can focus on unlocking the rest of the sharks. The are 7 non story-related sharks unlocked through missions inside of other sharks. Those are as follows:

1. Blue Shark: Unlocked once you’ve completed the “Hunt for Blue” mission listed under the Porbeagle.
  2. Sand Shark: Unlocked once you’ve completed “The Missing Sand Shark” mission listed under the Thresher.
  3. Smooth Hammerhead: Unlocked once you’ve completed “The Missing Hammerhead” mission listed under the bull shark
  4. Heidi: Unlocked once you’ve completed “The Missing Carpet Shark” mission listed under the Megamouth.
  5. Spike: Unlocked once you’ve completed “The Missing Stethacanthus” mission listed under the Great White.
  6. Echo: Unlocked once you’ve completed “The Missing Ichthyosaur” mission listed under Big Momma.
  7. Drago: Unlocked once you’ve completed “The Missing Plesiosaur” mission listed under Zombie Shark.

During this step you'll earn A Shiver of Sharks (G)

Step 3: Completing Missions, Grinding Gold, Grinding Points, Grinding Kills

This will be the final step and in your quest to complete the 270 missions needed to unlock Nothing I Can't Do (S) the other grindy stuff will come naturally. This step will take you the longest.

Each shark has 10 missions you need to complete. Many of these you may have completed naturally as you did the story missions but many of them also have very specific requirements. You'll need to pay attention to whether the mission requires any specific accessories be worn or specific areas in maps. Utilize the the different accessories to help you in whatever missions you are going for. For example if you have a mission that requests you find fossils you'll want to equip an accessory that alerts you on the map when you're near one.

During this step you'll hit the 20,000,000m swam, the 10,000 humans eaten, the 1,000 dolphins eaten and all four trophies for earning lifetime points on each map.

By the end of all of the missions you should have the rest of the trophies:

Feeding Frenzy (B)

About $150 (B)

Nothing I Can't Do (S)

Sunken Treasure (S)

End of an Era (B)

Whale of a Migration (B)

That's very Pacific (B)

Arctic point pressure (B)

Arabian Score Smash (B)

The Big One. (B)

Edited by Tuffinz

lLUZLSq.png

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/44c.jpg That's very Pacific (B)

Lifetime Score 30,960,000 in the Pacific Islands

Pacific Islands is the first map you’ll have available. You earn points towards this score every time you go into a map to work towards missions. The best way to up this score is with multipliers and by equipping accessory sets that help with eat streaks and gold rush time.

As per the roadmap don’t worry too much about grinding your scores for each map until you’ve beaten the campaign and unlocked larger sharks. The larger sharks will earn you more points in much faster time.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/694.jpg Arctic point pressure (B)

Lifetime Score 61,920,000 in The Arctic Ocean

Arctic Ocean is the second map you’ll unlock through story progression. You earn points towards this lifetime score every time you go into a map to work towards missions. The best way to up this score is with multipliers and by equipping accessory sets that help with eat streaks and gold rush time.

As per the roadmap don’t worry too much about grinding your scores for each map until you’ve beaten the campaign and unlocked larger sharks. The larger sharks will earn you more points in much faster time.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/847.jpg Arabian Score Smash (B)

Lifetime Score 92,880,000 in The Arabian Sea

Arabian Sea is the third map you’ll unlock through story progression. You earn points towards this lifetime score every time you go into a map to work towards missions. The best way to up this score is with multipliers and by equipping accessory sets that help with eat streaks and gold rush time.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/f77.jpg The Big One. (B)

Lifetime Score 123,840,000 in The South China Sea

South China Sea is the final map you’ll unlock through story progression. You earn points towards this lifetime score every time you go into a map to work towards missions. The best way to up this score is with multipliers and by equipping accessory sets that help with eat streaks and gold rush time.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/1ba.jpg Whale of a migration (B)

Lifetime Swim 22,000,000m!

This will come naturally as you work towards completing all 270 missions.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/c3d.jpg End of an era! (B)

Lifetime Eat 1000 Dolphins

Dolphins are available to eat in each of the 4 available maps. They will easily kill you when you're using some of the first unlocked sharks. Once you've unlocked larger sharks that can eat them without having to attack them with :square: this will become easier.

They're typically found near the surface waters further to the right of each map. A lot of times they coincide with boats and underwater cage divers. When you see one of those cages with a diver inside of it there are usually 5-10 dolphins nearby.

Dolphins look like so:

FWAJdQh.jpg

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/0d1.jpg There's Gold in them thar seas! (B)

Trigger 250 Gold Rushes in your lifetime

Gold Rushes occur when you hit a certain amount of points and it triggers an invincibility mode that causes anything your current shark can eat into gold. It won’t turn things larger than you into gold or larger water mines into gold. If you hit a Mega Gold Rush that will turn you invincible to EVERYTHING and it will last considerably longer.

This will happen early and naturally as you work towards the mission completions.

You can make your gold rushes pop up more frequently by equipping accessories that give a bonus to eat streaks.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/e5b.jpg A Shiver of Sharks (G)

Unlock all the sharks

There are 27 sharks that you need to unlock for this trophy. Most sharks will be unlocked through story progression but others have missions specific to previous sharks that will be needed to complete to unlock them. The 27 different sharks and how they are obtained are below:

1. Porbeagle: This is your starter shark.

2. Blue Shark: Unlocked once you’ve completed the “Hunt for Blue” mission listed under the Porbeagle.

3. Thresher: Unlocked through story progression.

4. Sand Shark: Unlocked once you’ve completed “The Missing Sand Shark” mission listed under the Thresher.

5. Bull Shark: Unlocked through story progression.

6. Smooth Hammerhead: Unlocked once you’ve completed “The Missing Hammerhead” mission listed under the Bull Shark.

7. Goblin Shark: Unlocked through story progression.

8. Mako: Unlocked through story progression.

9. Megamouth: Unlocked through story progression.

10. Heidi: Unlocked once you’ve completed “The Missing Carpet Shark” mission listed under the Megamouth.

11. Great Hammerhead: Unlocked through story progression.

12. Tiger Shark: Unlocked through story progression.

13. Basking Shark: Unlocked through story progression.

14. Whale Shark: Unlocked through story progression.

15. Great White: Unlocked through story progression.

16. Spike: Unlocked once you’ve completed “The Missing Stethacanthus” mission listed under the Great White.

17. Megalodon: Unlocked through story progression.

18. Big Momma: Unlocked through story progression.

19. Echo: Unlocked once you’ve completed “The Missing Ichthyosaur” mission listed under Big Momma.

20. Killer Whale: Unlocked through story progression.

21. Atomic Shark: Unlocked through story progression.

22. Zombie Shark: Unlocked through story progression.

23. Drago: Unlocked once you’ve completed “The Missing Plesiosaur” mission listed under Zombie Shark.

24. Buzz: Unlocked through story progression.

25. Mr Snappy: Unlocked through story progression.

26. Heltip: Unlocked through story progression (once you’ve defeated the Kraken in the Boss Battle)

27. Jo Jo Sparkle: Unlocked through story progression (once you’ve defeated the Kraken in the Boss Battle)

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/95f.jpg Sunken treasure (S)

Buy all the Accessories, Gadgets and Pets

In total there are 110 items you'll need to unlock and purchase spread across the following three categories:

Accessories:

You are able to purchase accessories for every part of your shark. There are a total of 77 accessories in the following categories that you need to unlock and then purchase:

1. Tail: 17 accessories
  2. Pectoral Fin: 16 accessories
  3. Dorsal Fin: 18 accessories
  4. Head: 8 accessories
  5. Hats: 18 accessories

Gadgets: There are a total of 4 gadgets that each have 4 tiers you need to unlock and purchase.

1. Force Shield: 1.0 - 2.0 - 3.0 - 4.0
  2. Jet Pack: 1.0 - 2.0 - 3.0 - 4.0
  3. Junk Gun: 1.0 - 2.0 - 3.0 - 4.0
  4. Laser: 1.0 - 2.0 - 3.0 - 4.0

Pets: There are 17 pets that you need to unlock and then purchase.

1. Dave: Baby porbeagle
  2. Anna: Baby beluga - gives 10% health boost
  3. Polly: Baby octopus - eats jellyfish
  4. Logan: Sawshark - eats junk
  5. Jasper: Ghost shark - lets you shark attack (:square:) ghost sharks
  6. Will: Baby killer whale
  7. Nautilus: Toy submarine - protects from divers and submarines
  8. Phil: Baby great white - eats more prey
  9. Connie: Cookie cutter shark - helps you eat bigger enemies faster
  10. Felix: Baby mako - can catch faster prey
  11. Archie: Bird - attacks all above the water
  12. Cecil: Baby hammerhead
  13. Max: Baby megalodon - gives 20% health boost and he will eat almost anything in the ocean
  14. Super Steve: Eagle - restores 10% boost faster
  15. Trevor: Baby snapping turtle - can detonate nearby mines
  16. Eamonn: baby crocodile - can go on land and eat prey
  17. Snuffy: baby seal - grants x2 points

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/068.jpg Once upon a time... (B)

Complete your first mission! Go eat!

This will be the first trophy you pop! You’ll get it for completing the first Porbeagle Mission “Beginnings.”

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/492.jpg Nothing I can't Do! (S)

Finish all the missions

There are 270 Missions that need to be completed. 10 missions per shark. These do not include the story missions though the story missions need to be completed to unlock all of the sharks and the ability to access all 270 missions.

Please see the link below for a complete mission guide.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/5ba.jpg Suit Up (B)

Equip a full set to your shark

The fastest way to get this trophy early on is go into your Ubisoft account and purchase the sporty outfit. It's offered for very little points so even if you don't have any points currently in that account you'll accumulate some quickly by playing the game. Once you equip that full set this trophy will pop.

There are many sets available in the game but they will take you some time to unlock. Either way you'll naturally have the requirements met for this trophy once you've purchased all accessories needed for the Sunken Treasure trophy.

The available sets in the game and their perks are as follows:

Pirate Set: Gold Magnet Distance +110% (will cause nearly everything gold on the screen to just auto-suck into your mouth...instant food!)

Aviator Set: Flying Pets (all pets can fly now)

Arab Princess Set: Gold Rush time +10%

Gentleman's Set: Gold Magnet Distance +50%

Witch Doctor Set: Hypnotize radius +50%

Bunny Set: Start every swim with a Mega Gold Rush

Royal Set: Earn 30% extra gold

Chef Set: Health +20%

Evil Clown Set: Giant Pets!

Mariachi Set: Gold rush time +25%

Santa Set: Detect Good Junk

Sporty Set: Boost refills 50% faster (this is the Ubisoft set)

Punk Set: Death explosion radius +5

Caveman Set: Shark attack damage +50%

Genie Set: All edibles give +20% Boost

Warrior Set: Swim speed +50%

Witch Set: Can attack ghost sharks

Tourist Set: Eat Streak time +10%

Hula Set: Survival bonus +10%

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/6c4.jpg About $150 (B)

Spend 500,000 Gold

You earn gold all throughout the game as you eat prey. When you get gold rushes all prey turns into gold and you earn a lot of it in a short amount of time. As you unlock larger sharks it becomes very easy to earn 20-30,000 gold coins in 10-15 minutes making it a lot easier to farm money once you've obtained the larger sharks. You will spend well over 500,000 Gold as you purchase all gadgets, accessories and pets and you'll earn WAY more than you'll need to purchase everything.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/7660/194.jpg Feeding Frenzy (B)

Lifetime eat 10,000 Humans

Humans are always on the surface of each of the levels in dozens. They’re also through each level in the water as divers. This will come naturally as you’re going towards completing all of the missions.

If you’re dead set on the farming them just wait until you’ve upgraded your Jet Pack to 4.0 and fly across the surface of any map back and forth until you die or get sick of it.

Edited by Tuffinz

Guide is ready for use BUT I am still working on videos and I'm also working on a mission guide but that supplement will be a bit (there are 270 missions)

I wanted to get the roadmap out specifically so folks know the best approach for the grind.

Constructive feedback welcome.

This looks great! Started the game last night and had a lot of fun. Will be keeping an eye out for your supplement guide cause that'll def come in handy. :)

Thanks! Only thing I wish I did was jot down at what XP thresholds the accessories etc unlock. In the big picture it doesn't matter cuz you'll have WAY more XP by the time you go through the missions etc to unlock all the things but it would have been nice to throw in the guide.

I hope it helps you. The supplement will prob be done tomorrow. It's just transferring it all out of the game into a document and then providing tips for the tough ones lol

Thanks for this guide. This game is a crazy ass grind, but still not a bad one.

You're welcome :)

I thought it was going to be a lot worse than it is. Really completing all of those damn missions is the worst part. 50 hours might be on the high side... my time is skewed because I did things backwards before realizing I should have just pushed through and got bigger sharks lol I don't know how many humans I tried eating with the Porbeagle... lol such a waste of time

Will the supplement include videos on how to unlock the non-story sharks? And I eat humans any time I encounter them, though I figure I'll be doing it more with the bigger sharks.

I have already unlocked them so in order to do videos on unlocking the non-story sharks I'd have to replay the game. I'll think about that. I mean I could.

The best way to do that is to equip the accessory that finds fossils (I think its the pirate jacket I need to confirm) and then it'll tell you when you're near one. All of the missions for unlocking those sharks is for finding a set number of fossils with another shark. I'll be working on the guide all weekend so we'll see what videos I come up with. I might go back and redo it so I can make videos for each.

I have already unlocked them so in order to do videos on unlocking the non-story sharks I'd have to replay the game. I'll think about that. I mean I could.

The best way to do that is to equip the accessory that finds fossils (I think its the pirate jacket I need to confirm) and then it'll tell you when you're near one. All of the missions for unlocking those sharks is for finding a set number of fossils with another shark. I'll be working on the guide all weekend so we'll see what videos I come up with. I might go back and redo it so I can make videos for each.

I'll just wait until I unlock the pirate jacket most likely to go for the fossils. Do you remember when that unlocked by chance? Also, in your opinion, which suit is the most useful? Thanks for answering my questions. :) Edited by MidnightDragonDX

I'll just wait until I unlock the pirate jacket most likely to go for the fossils. Do you remember when that unlocked by chance? Also, in your opinion, which suit is the most useful? Thanks for answering my questions. :)

It's the Pirate Pistol that detects fossils. Just confirmed that, sorry for the confusion. The XP unlocks on the items isn't something I have written down. I didn't anticipate writing a guide when I started playing so I'm unsure when I unlocked it.

The sets are going to be dependent on what you're working towards. I'm about to update the guide with the different sets and what perks they give if they're complete.

So I am having kind of an issue regarding the fossils and the shark „Spike“, which is actually the last one missing for me.

I have played this game since release and finished almost everything, including most of the missions.

I am at 19/20 fossils for Spike, but when I finally found the last missing fossil I died just the moment when I collected it. The mission did not get completed so Spike did not unlock for me.

When I went back to the place where I found it (a rooftop in the chinese level), it was not there anymore. After searching in all areas of that level and in every other level aswell afterwards (pirate set equipped at all times!), I decided to open up a support ticket at Ubisoft.

Unfortunately I haven‘t heard anything from them yet, even after more than 1 week that passed now. That‘s why I have not touched this game in almost 2 weeks.

Thing is I don‘t want to start all over just because this „Bug“ prevents me from getting all sharks and therefore all missions, I have put quite a lot of time into this game in the first week after it‘s release.

TL;DR: Make sure you DO NOT die the same time you are collecting a fossil!

If you want I can save some vids of me doing objectives like the pirate tokens as I get through the game, cause they seem to always spawn in the same spot. Could save you some time replaying stuff.

Definitely if you're up for that :)

So I am having kind of an issue regarding the fossils and the shark „Spike“, which is actually the last one missing for me.

I have played this game since release and finished almost everything, including most of the missions.

I am at 19/20 fossils for Spike, but when I finally found the last missing fossil I died just the moment when I collected it. The mission did not get completed so Spike did not unlock for me.

When I went back to the place where I found it (a rooftop in the chinese level), it was not there anymore. After searching in all areas of that level and in every other level aswell afterwards (pirate set equipped at all times!), I decided to open up a support ticket at Ubisoft.

Unfortunately I haven‘t heard anything from them yet, even after more than 1 week that passed now. That‘s why I have not touched this game in almost 2 weeks.

Thing is I don‘t want to start all over just because this „Bug“ prevents me from getting all sharks and therefore all missions, I have put quite a lot of time into this game in the first week after it‘s release.

TL;DR: Make sure you DO NOT die the same time you are collecting a fossil!

I had issues finding the fossils for Spike also. I have suspicions that the fossils appear somewhat randomly. I think this only because I had scoured every map for the last one over and over again and the sewer area in the China sea is always where I'd start my search on that map but then one evening suddenly the last fossil was there in the beginning of the sewers and I know for sure it wasn't before.

Let me know if you find it or if Ubisoft replies to you. I know that's frustrating but I'd be tempted to search again.

Definitely if you're up for that :)

Will do although I'm currently in doubt whether the pirate tokens have random spawn locations like the fossils have. I have an objective where I need to find 3 pirate tokens and yesterday I could only find 2, but they were in the exact same spot in 2 consecutive runs. Today I went back for that objective but the first 2 tokens weren't there. My guess is that there's a number of possible spawn locations and the actual tokens spawn between those locations. I'll just keep going and let you know what my findings are!

Will do although I'm currently in doubt whether the pirate tokens have random spawn locations like the fossils have. I have an objective where I need to find 3 pirate tokens and yesterday I could only find 2, but they were in the exact same spot in 2 consecutive runs. Today I went back for that objective but the first 2 tokens weren't there. My guess is that there's a number of possible spawn locations and the actual tokens spawn between those locations. I'll just keep going and let you know what my findings are!

Yeah this is exactly what I think. I don't think any of the collectible stuff have exact locations but like you said a possibility of a few places etc. Makes it hard to do videos etc for them. Luckily once you get all the accessories you can equip the ones that help you those items.

Thanks for the help Robin :) currently working on the mission guide lol it's LONG and exhausting

Yeah this is exactly what I think. I don't think any of the collectible stuff have exact locations but like you said a possibility of a few places etc. Makes it hard to do videos etc for them. Luckily once you get all the accessories you can equip the ones that help you those items.

Thanks for the help Robin :) currently working on the mission guide lol it's LONG and exhausting

No worries, if I can help in any other way let me know. I was already enjoying the game before but it was a bit slow cause I was going for all objectives before moving on to the next shark. I took your advice from the guide now tho and focusing on story first which instantly made it a lot more fun!

Yea I can imagine, the game is massive. Such a missed opportunity that they made it not have a plat. The game would have definitely garnered more interest and there's so many things they could have done with trophies with all the different enemies and worlds.

First of all thanks for your responses and heads up.

I gave it another try, unfortunately I was not able to find the missing fossil.

I had similar thoughts about the "randomness" of collectibles aswell.

What I can tell from my experience is that there are XY spots for collectibles which are fixed, however it is random on which of these spots they appear each time you enter the level.

Let's say you have spots A to E but are only missing 3 fossils.

They could spawn on A, C and D for example when you enter the level for the first time. Next time they could appear on B, C and E.

That is my GUESS on randomness with the collectibles, this is just from my own experience.

Take Heltips missions for example where you have to collect a HUGE amount of pirate coins in several levels. If you take your time and search the level very thoroughly you will notice that, after you collected a coin at all or most of the spots, they will reappear in the same locations.

Maybe travelled distance has something to do with that aswell. It could be the same mechanic as respawning enemies/prey.

Regarding my issue... I did about 3-4 runs with about 10-15 minutes, pirate set equipped. I went through the whole level remembering and marking areas where I already was. There was no fossil to be found.

I am pretty sure that it disappeared when I collected it first time and died in the exact same moment.

I tried to play other sharks, go through every other level, complete other missions first, defeat the kraken boss (again)... nothing helped making it respawn.

So yeah, I am pretty sure that this prevents me from completing the Spike mission and getting all the sharks (and therefore missions).

Sorry for the long post! I will keep you updated if anything changes or if I finally get an answer from Ubi.

Good luck and thanks for that Guide/Roadmap, I was always checking here first when facing that issue, hoping anyone had a solution for my problem. :)

*snip*

Sounds like a nasty glitch yeah, sorry to hear. However I just found out sth that may shed a different light on your situation. I was going for pirate tokens again and just couldn't find the 3rd. I kept wandering around and after like 12 minutes into my run, I found my 3rd at the exact same location as my 2nd. It seems like the game doesn't just have spawn patterns, but they are also on a timer. It got me thinking that maybe they move around the level during your run also.

Oh and :welcome: to the site btw!

Mission guide is taking me some time... and I got distracted with another guide yesterday :o

The distance swam and dolphin eats trophies both popped for me this weekend and I still have 60 or so missions to complete for the final trophy so those two will def pop will in advance of finishing everything needed for the 100%

I'll be making small additions and adjustments to the guide as I finish the missions. Should be ready to submit by end of week.

Just unlocked the great white. This is gonna be a rare 100% most likely...don't think most have the patience for it.

Two questions:

1. Do the skeleton pirates count as humans?

2. With Spike, it says it can be on any map. So is it possible to find all 20 fossils on the Pacific map? Sorry if that sounds obvious, but it might be scattered across maps or something.

2. With Spike, it says it can be on any map. So is it possible to find all 20 fossils on the Pacific map? Sorry if that sounds obvious, but it might be scattered across maps or something.

IMO they are „scattered“ with a fixed amount on each map.

For example you need 20 fossils so there are 5 in each level.

This proportion is of course not true to all fossil missions, but this is somewhat the experience I made.

Sounds like a nasty glitch yeah, sorry to hear. However I just found out sth that may shed a different light on your situation. I was going for pirate tokens again and just couldn't find the 3rd. I kept wandering around and after like 12 minutes into my run, I found my 3rd at the exact same location as my 2nd. It seems like the game doesn't just have spawn patterns, but they are also on a timer. It got me thinking that maybe they move around the level during your run also.

Oh and :welcome: to the site btw!

Tried that again with about 15+ minutes swimming through each map...

Nothing. And since I still did not get an answer to my support ticket (even tho it was updated yesterday), I will just start from scratch and try to rush through in the next days.

Shit (and glitches) happens. :)

And thanks for the welcome! I am using this site and forum for many years now but somehow I never felt like posting something. :D

Edited by Mondfrost

Just unlocked the great white. This is gonna be a rare 100% most likely...don't think most have the patience for it.

Two questions:

1. Do the skeleton pirates count as humans?

I don't believe the Skeletons count as humans.

As Mond says below theoretically yes but you'll have better luck looking through all the maps. The Fossils are... odd and seem to appear somewhat randomly and in Mond's case... disappeared when he died while obtaining the last one... so don't die while obtaining one lol

IMO they are „scattered“ with a fixed amount on each map.

For example you need 20 fossils so there are 5 in each level.

This proportion is of course not true to all fossil missions, but this is somewhat the experience I made.

Tried that again with about 15+ minutes swimming through each map...

Nothing. And since I still did not get an answer to my support ticket (even tho it was updated yesterday), I will just start from scratch and try to rush through in the next days.

Shit (and glitches) happens. :)

And thanks for the welcome! I am using this site and forum for many years now but somehow I never felt like posting something. :D

I'm glad my guide got you posting! :)

I don't believe the Skeletons count as humans.

As Mond says below theoretically yes but you'll have better luck looking through all the maps. The Fossils are... odd and seem to appear somewhat randomly and in Mond's case... disappeared when he died while obtaining the last one... so don't die while obtaining one lol

I had that happen once. Had to restart. Since then, backing up my save regularly. And your guide so far is quite helpful. And I eat every human I come across anyway, so even if the skeleton pirates don’t count, shouldn’t matter.

Also, you can unlock the score trophies out of order. I unlocked the Arctic one before the Pacific one. Think it's because I got some crazy scores while going for the challenge where you have to eat 4 whale sharks in one go with the tiger shark (took me a couple tries).

Just telling my experiences since that may help someone who hasn't played yet. :)

Edited by MidnightDragonDX