THL 9.0 ~ Feedback Thread

Velvet

Are you tired? Exhausted? Cringe at the very mention of EZPZ? Fear not, young trophy hunter, for you are not alone!

giphy.gif

After a month of grinding all of those glorious trophies, THL 9 has officially come to an end. The devil works hard, but you worked harder and proved to us (and yourselves) that a drama-free THL is possible and for that, the staff sends their most sincere gratitude your way. The EDs especially extend a thank you to everyone for making this one of the more enjoyable seasons we've had over the years and when Slamma wakes up from his long overdue nap (you've earned it, buddy!), he'll tell you all about how successful this season really was with numbers, stats, graphs, and maybe even a video or two. We do ask that you give him a few to get everything together, though, since there was quite a lot to track this season.

Before we get down to the nitty gritty of this thread, I'd like to take a moment to be a cheeseball send a personal heart felt thanks to the other EDs for handling this event like the champs you are. This would not have been an easy month without you guys so give yourselves a nice pat on the back for a job very well done! A juicy pineapple on top goes to Slamz. You took the reins and absolutely rocked this event man. I really cannot thank you enough for the work you put in and everything you've done these past few weeks. A massive thanks to morg106 is in order for all the beautiful graphics you've seen in each thread. You made the overall theme of this season come together with such pizzazz that we're actually nervous you may have set the bar too high for next time. Even MORE thanks goes in kinjall for the three "community" awards that are/were available this season. We may have set the goals, but you gave them the motivation so for that, many, many thanks! One fina... hey... hey give me the microphone back... excuse.. just one... more.. I'm not... hrmph.

Fine.

MOVING ON.

It's been awhile since we've had one of these fancy feedback threads. In fact, it's been over a year. The last one we had was for Spring Cleaning. Remember that? Ha, yeah, good fun. We should do that again sometime. Just not next Spring. We have other plans for that. Anywho... since THL is a staple of PST, we decided to go ahead and put together this thread to hear back from the people that matter the most. YOU! The participants! For some of you, this was your first time (awe, how cute!). For others, this was your 9th season. So whether you're new to the game or an old timer, one thing remains the same and it's that we do this for you. So since you're the real rockstars of the show, we'd like to know how you felt everything went.

Did you hate it? Did you love it? Do you want some more of it? Did you try, so hard, but couldn't get enough of it? GREAT! Let us know!

Below are some basic questions we'd like y'all to answer to the best of your abilities. This will be worth half your grade this semester so we sure hope you studied! There are some blank spaces left here and there in case the questions don't suffice and you really want to get into detail about your opinions on this season so please, hold no punches, deny no hugs, and let us know how you really feel. It's the only way we can improve :)

Please note that with that being said, this is not a thread for pointing fingers, name shaming, or anything of the such. Keep it clean and keep it as event feedback only. Thank you in advance.

~Basic Questions~

Did you absolutely love this season?

Tell us why!

Did you absolutely hate this season? :mad:

Tell us why! :mad:

How do you feel about the awards available? A good variety? A horrible variety? An okay variety?

How did you feel about the addition of a Subscriber only award?

How about the length? Was one month enough or do you require more to satisfy your trophy thirst?

The rules were made in sort of an "almost everything goes" way. How did you feel about that?

How many times did you stack Inksplosion? No need to lie, you can tell us. We won't tell anyone.

Are you still mad we made you wait so long for this to come back?

You know we make you wait because we love you, right?

What would you like to see change next season?

What was your biggest accomplishment this THL?

If we could've done ONE thing different this season, what would you have liked it to be?

If you had to pick a theme for season 10, what would it be? Be creative! You never know who might be reading this!

Extra (add anything else you would like to here, be it feedback unrelated to the questions above or even shoutouts to your teammates and/or trophy pals!):

Edited by Velvet

Yeah because it was the first one in 2 years. There was that sense of interest when this was announced and I was eager to participate.

Did you absolutely hate this season?

Not really. It was your typical THL.

How do you feel about the awards available? A good variety? A horrible variety? An okay variety?

Would have liked to see a Pokémon award. cough cough. Anyway, it was ok but maybe eliminate the subscriber award next time.

Didn't like it. You guys do get exclusive awards the whole year and I think THL should be an exception to that. Everyone should be entitled to all awards, not just a couple. I find it to be a little unfair.

How about the length? Was one month enough or do you require more to satisfy your trophy thirst?

One month is plenty. People are tired the way it is with one month. No need to extend it.

The rules were made in sort of an "almost everything goes" way. How did you feel about that?

Maybe it allowed some "shadiness" or questionable tactics to be used with certain teams. I don't know. I can't say for sure whether I liked that.

How many times did you stack Inksplosion? No need to lie, you can tell us. We won't tell anyone.

Just once. :cool:

No but I'd guess the next wait might be longer.

Love you right back.

Go back to 4 person teams please.

Just clearing out my backlog. That is my accomplishment every time this event happens. Just beat as many games in my backlog as possible.

If we could've done ONE thing different this season, what would you have liked it to be?

Don't know. Maybe have better designs for the awards? Does that count?

If you had to pick a theme for season 10, what would it be? Be creative! You never know who might be reading this!

Since THL 5 involved a cross site competition between PS3trophies and Xbox achievements, do another one for THL 10? I don't know if you guys want to do that again but I didn't participate in the one last time and I thought it might be fun to do.

Extra (add anything else you would like to here, be it feedback unrelated to the questions above or even shoutouts to your teammates and/or trophy pals!):

Thank you to the rest of the Mighty Morphin Trophy Rangers for the entire month of grinding. It was fun and I have to say major kudos goes to my 5 teammates for putting up insane trophy numbers.

I loved the fact that we finally had a THL! Better late than never! I loved the theme. It was fun and funny.

Only thing I hated was the fact it took 2 years to come back!

Thought it was a better variety than other THLs.

If it helps add more fun for those who subscribe. Good on yah. If it gets people to subscribe, great! I didn't do it, but I did think about it after I realized I probably would've gotten the award.

I think it's fine. Could you imagine giving Krid more time??? Think of the children!!!

I honestly don't care. It's all about the fun and experience!

I'll save those for next THL, as long as it doesn't take two years to wait!

If you couldn't tell by now from the previous answers... Yes. But I can learn to forgive... ;)

"I only do this because I love you!" Is a belt involved in this? :confused:

Surprise me!

Mr. Massagy. Oh... Not shame? Accomplishment? Finally platinuming Enter the Gungeon--a hard and unforgiving game, but totally worth it.

Have it in Winter might be nice. Summer is kind of too nice to waste staying in all the time.

X Games theme? Something to monopolize on the "X" Roman numeral. Or something that is Playstation eXclusive focused. (See what I did there?)

I'm proud that our literally last-minute team actually got nearly 70 unique completions! We weren't last place! Go Team "The Leftovers"!

Not really, no offence.

Tell us why!

I like the theme a lot! i liked the team challange

Hate is not the word i would use but i didn't enjoy it as much as before

Tell us why!

I think for a casual player like me it wasn't much extra benefit next to normal playing and beating my PR from last time. there was no challange that made me go back into my backlog.

I would like more team challanges but there was 1 so fair enough.

I think that's fair, they pay they get extra it makes sense to me

one month is fine

It goes hand in hand with the awards. personally i enjoyed the normal events much more; colour, crosswords etc. these have more a puzzle/gamification to the event then just stack as many EZP as possible.. i just miss the fun in that :think: But that's what the THL is for so fair enough there are people who enjoy it and so i think for this it's fine. just not for me :)

The INK what...?

Not really, as i didn't enjoy it as much as i thought so this would be my last one i assume.

Yes, still vote for more puzzle/gamification like events

more puzzle/gamification like awards and more team awards

I did go back into my backlog and played a few games, my accomplishment is that i had more trophies then in 8.0

i would add a award for backlogs (I am aware some people have a 98.99% completion so for them that's hard but for the rest of us it gives satisfaction to complete something old.)

Super hero's (those include the power rangers and totally spies!)

Dispite me not enjoying it as much as i used to i want to thank the ED's for setting it up and managing it! I know it's a lot of work and it was well done! and thanks for my Team for asking me back again to join.

Edited by NemoG

I'd be lying if I said it was my favorite event.

Tell us why!

Because it felt like trying to win the World Cup with San Marino (or winning the NBA with a College team I guess if you don't get the football reference).

Not really either, but the hype before THL was actually more enjoyable than THL itself. Any competition was destroyed after a couple of hours and then the thread felt dead, everyone was playing for themselves with no reason to push harder, no salt, no drama, I'm sure you EDs won't complain but I guess it's also the charm of a THL.

353200699036663818.png?v=1

The awards are very nice, getting a chance to get 3 side awards is also great, but I personally feel they were too easy and I only speak for myself, I know how some people struggle to get them.

But I'd have loved an award that would have gave me a reason to continue earning trophies every day, without feeling like wasting time/money/games for future events. Something like earning a certain number of trophies every day/week, being in the top 30/40/50 earners, I wouldn't know you guys are EDs not me. :p

Great idea, but it really felt like a pay-to-win award to me. Like some new people got that 2 months subscription to get it but I'm not sure they'll stay subscribers after that. Maybe something more interesting than earning a lot of trophies (which is the main purpose of THL anyway), would have gave them a reason to stay sub after that, seeing as our private events are the best. So idk, maybe a completely different mini-event kinda like the bingo in THL7 or the secret list in THL6. Sure it would have been more work for you guys, but you're the best and I'm sure you can handle that!

One week would have been enough. :whistle:

Meh. The amount of EZPZs and VNs are ridiculous these days. The price of said VNs are even more ridiculous. So it's just a matter of how big your bank account is. Only a few people are willing to spend thousands and thousands on these type of games, and you also have to compete against someone who get them for free, so when they team up all together, any competition is ruined, everyone is losing motivation and the winners will stay the same until something in the rules change or if they decide they don't wanna win anymore.

I don't blame them, I'd do the same if I could, but for now it just feels like trying to compete in the french football league where a team has unlimited money and can buy all the greatest players. You enter the competition and know that you don't have a single chance to win no matter how hard you try. Sad.

Just once! But I did play both classic and arena modes 2 times because I quit after getting 100K instead of dying and it resets everything and doesn't unlock the next mode. I know, I'm dumb.

358377264351674369.png?v=1

I wouldn't mind waiting 2 or more years for the next one, as long as we still get other events!

The longer, the better! 375075125462040587.png?v=1

I'd break the 10,000 characters limit if I tell you, so I'll keep it short. #banVNs.

But seriously, anything to bring back the competition, I'm sure the winners themselves wouldn't mind winning with some more competition. That Mayo game was banned from the Potluck event because it was ruining it, so I don't see why this couldn't be applied for this type of event.

My numbers will be ridiculous compared to the winner team, but I'm pleased with what I've done. I'd say getting the Wolfenstein II platinum during THL is a big accomplishment but Mein Leben was done months before so it doesn't really count, but I had to mention it #MeinLebenWhen.

Getting more than 100 trophies/day, a few fastest achiever, and 80% completion are probably my biggest accomplishments.

Well I don't want to repeat myself so see above.

I like the Playstation Xclusive theme mentioned above, for THL X. Though it might have been done already or for other events so I don't know.

Shoutouts to the Roo Kids on the Block, and thanks to everyone involved in this THL, don't wanna miss anyone so I won't name any staff but if you're reading this and you were involved in this event, you're the best.

emote.png

Yeh, great team, great people in it and as it was the first one for 2yrs the #thlwhen shouts needed putting out. Of which yes I know I was guilty of. :p

Tell us why!

Nice to be able to just focus on all games to start/unfinished and work as a team.

N/A

:rooderp:

Good. I gave up on the 90’s award as I didnt wanna buy more games to add to the stack I already had. I attempted a few but #crashwhen wasn’t gonna happen with all three in a month and I didnt wanna waste money on old shitty games.

Im not a subscriber anyway, so wasn’t gonna go for this regardless and wasn’t prepared to pay to get it either. Nice for those that are as it gives them something a little unique.

A month is enough for me with the time I get. Some may argue its too long others not enough. I guess the ezpz’s determine this as I know a few burnt out pretty quickly.

Best way. No faffin about, no getting ‘Its in da rulez’ from Slamz posts, just earn as many trophies as poss until its over. Now thats ezpz!

Don’t think I did as i’d played the others beforehand.

Nah, QTE’s, GFX, Bingo, Valentines, Dress The Staff, plus other events keep us ticking over nicely. Thanks EDs.

Oh stop it. :o We love you more. :rooheart:

No VNs or EZPZ’s......... :p

Beating my previous THL score by double I think. Well beating it anyway.

As I like the GFX side of things maybe a vote for the best signatures or a secret signature award that is revealed after the event??

Cyberpunk. All futuristic, gritty, digital yet colourful and vibrant with maybe awards tied to earning trophies that maybe collectively build components that are predetermined (similar to the colour by numbers event). So like building a character/droid or each team build a part and the part is assembled at the end of the event?? Trophies could be things like materials/body parts/clothing/weapons/vehicles? Just an idea.

As always huge thanks to you ED’s. Absolutely boss these events and My Drinking Team Has A Trophy Problem. You guys are awesome. :BIGHUG:

I enjoyed it, I wouldn't say I absolutely loved it.

Tell us why!

My first time was THL8 and I think it's always gonna be hard to beat that experience, but it was still fun!

Nah definitely not.

N/A

It was good, maybe a little too ezpz as Easty side. During the last THL we had the 3rd award for obtaining enough completions to be in the top 30 or 60 or whatever it was, that encouraged people even if they had no chance of winning to still carry on, it's something I'd like to see return for the next THL in some way.

I'm indifferent really, I can understand non-subs maybe feeling a bit left out, but it's one of those dammed if you do dammed if you don't, but I do think it was a bit harsh to make people who weren't subs to subscribe for 2 months for a single month event, otherwise I was fine with it

One month is absolutely fine, I wouldn't change this.

This was fine, plus it let me put #sellershack to good use

442384441856491520.png?v=1

4 times I believe woooo, ezpz 6 minute completion, right Velvet?

395694899707641856.png?v=1

Ehhh not really, allowed ample time to build up an ezpz collection, even if I played most of them.

emote.png

I'd say maybe like what I said above, an award that will keep people motivated in case we have a team or teams dropping insane money on dozens of VN's and running away with it after a few days giving nobody else even a remote chance to win, I think that'd be a good idea.

Mirror's Edge (P) and 100%, I kinda lost motivation to carry on after the 18th so just went after some cleanup, I got an ultra rare platinum that definitely tested me after giving up over 8 years ago :D

I also got the RDR 100% last night just before the end.

Nothing really, it all went smoothly, was free of drama 99.9% of the time, I have no complaints about how things were done.

The Playstation exclusive theme sounds like a fab idea, already mentioned in other posts.

Or maybe a crash theme?

profilepic43586_10.gif

As staff myself I know especially and full well the amount of time and effort the ED's put in to events, and in to this event specifically. They work tirelessly and this really cannot be understated, you've all done and amazing job.

446799275574427659.gif?v=1

Also thanks to roo kids on the block, shame we couldn't win and have a roo award

430042546459246613.png?v=1

(would have been way better than the moon rune the winners will probably use for their award :chomp: )

Edited by Sellers

Not particularly, but I still had a laugh regardless :)

Tell us why!

It was pretty much over before it had really began haha. The thread felt dead after the first few days :(

Hate, no. It just felt that it lost momentum and enthusiasm early on.

Tell us why!

See above! :p

The award criteria was fine, it encouraged everyone to work as a team rather than compete for an individual MVP award :)

Alright.

A week would've sufficed haha, nah a month was enough.

Ehhh in short, ban VNs! :p

In all seriousness EZPZ are available and cheap for everyone, VNs aren't, so unless you're willing to drop some serious dollar or have access to a library of them, the playing field is uneven. I know that it may require more manual work on tracking, but they have been, as have other games, been banned before in events.

Just the once, first time I played it I was like, "How the hell is this EZPZ?!!"

A 2 year gap is perfect.

emote.png

See above :p

17 plats :francis:

See above :p

I'll run with the PSX or superhero theme :)

Extra (add anything else you would like to here, be it feedback unrelated to the questions above or even shoutouts to your teammates and/or trophy pals!)

Big thanks go to Slamz and the EDs! Also shoutout to the Roo Kids On The Block :hug:

Congratulations to Snakes in The Grass, some serious numbers there! It took a lot of time, dedication and planning to ensure the win as well as break records left right and center :eek:

Look forward to seeing their chosen award tilepIwYSjk.png

Did you absolutely love/hate this season?

Very neutral. I signed up and just carried on gaming as normal. Overall, I would lean more towards hate than love. Reasons in the next question!

No variety and that is why I wasn't a fan of this season. THL is all about whoring trophies but I want the third additional awards to involve something less about whoring and be more about creativity. I've earned every "third" award since I started taking part but two awards were earn loads of trophies and the other one we had last THL.

Despite my feelings about subscribing nowadays, it makes sense to do something for those who subscribe so well done for giving them something extra.

One month is fine, even for a casual.

If Sony allow it, so should THL. Stacks, autopops and VNs aplenty.

Zero. :cool:

A little. I used up a lot of PSN credit and easy games for QTEs. #blazewasright

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Nothing I'm sure you won't already do, like think of new awards.

Platting the first Uncharted after nearly eight years. :dance:

Not had Azoth658 in my team, sabotaging our record-setting efforts.

Pearl Jam!

Maybe THL10 should be the last one? All these complaints about VNs and the ridiculous amount of piss-easy games makes it all seem a little daft nowadays. There are a select group of people who will win this if they simply decide they want to.

I'd rather have more expanded QTEs or a House Championship return than another THL. Or Bingo!

Thanks as always!

Edited by AshtimusPrime

Love is a strong word, but I enjoyed it.

Tell us why!

It was fun just whoring for a bit, though I didn't overdo it so I never got burned out.

Nope, it was fine. I can see the frustrations from other people who put in a lot of effort only to get destroyed, but I only joined for fun and it stayed fun. Plus we all knew what would happen :p

I thought they were ok. It's THL and we have plenty of events doing more creative stuff so I don't see a problem with whoring being the solution to most if not all of the other awards. I had to spend time on games I wouldn't have played in THL otherwise for the 90s awards (for example Crash), but it was a nice break from the whoring.

It didn't take away from the other awards so it was fine. I personally would have been more lenient on the time required to subscribe (so people didn't have to sub for two months to cover a one month event), but otherwise fine I guess.

One month is perfect.

Yeah I didn't mind. As long as people aren't outright hacking, I don't really care.

None :p

Nah, I don't mind the wait. Plenty of other events filled the gap superbly, and I prefer the more creative events anyway.

Love you guys too :bearhug:

Honestly, from a casual, middle of the pack view, everything was fine. Maybe a ban on VNs. I'll never do a hardcore THL, so it doesn't really affect me, but it would be nice to see it more balanced at the top. Maybe an award that requires more intricate planning? Though like I said earlier, we have plenty of other events and time for stuff like that.

Probably getting 100% in all three Crash games. :crash:

Like I said before, I think it was fine. The VN thing I guess?

The PS exclusives one is a good idea. Maybe a 00s/2010s theme so all the 12 year olds like Pricey and Walt can understand the theme.

Thanks to Amber, Velvet, Slamma, Rezz and Morg, you're all awesome :hug:

Did you absolutely love/hate this season?

[ame]

[/ame]

They did all just seem to be 'earn a lot of trophes' something which I had 0 intention of doing

Nothing wrong with a little extra for someone that flashes the cash

Not too long, not too short ;)

Perfect

What's Inksplosion?

Such a long wait is a bit of a tease

tenor.gif #newRem

More Seinfeld

My bet on the World Cup came through :cool:

More Seinfeld references

Go all Roman numerals so we can do THL X-Files

Good effort to 5/6! Let's get a Triple Eagle next time :golf:

Did you absolutely love this season?*

I have nothing to compare it to, so its men

Did you absolutely hate this season?*

Tell us why!*

Just felt like any other event with the same people on top

The subscription award was lame since it's basically micro transactions for a website award, others were decent

See above

Timeline was fine but kinda pointless if you weren't on the hardxore teams

Nice not having to ask does this count

Can't even do it once

First time so no

I doubt it

Just to piss off all the hardcores, no vn and no stacking

Doing 300 plus trophies in 2 weeks

If we could've done*ONE*thing different this season, what would you have liked it to be?

#bankrid

Jungle... lol

Have a calendar of all upcoming events so people who are limited on funds can decide on i like this better than this event

Also seperate the people who want to go hardcore and those who don't. i literally didn't care after day 1 and only played so my team could get the 90 completion

Edited by IM NaMTaB

No

Tell us why!

I couldn't get any satisfaction by playing easy games this time around and didn't have as much fun as during the other THLs (not really your fault tho :p)

No

Tell us why!

You guys did a great job with everything.

They were fine, but I didn't find them motivating enough as they all basically felt like they were about quantity. I'm not one of the participants who want to win THL, but I usually love to go for the additional awards. I love different tasks and challenges.

As a subscriber myself, I can't complain. I think it should have been enough to be a subscriber at any point of the league, though, so people wouldn't have needed to pay for 2 months.

Please, don't make it longer.

Since I'm casual anyway, I don't care. Allow as many VNs or EZPZ as you want.

Played it once.

No, 2 years of waiting were perfectly fine. Doing a THL every 2 years works for me.

Yes, love you too emote.png

More variety in awards, maybe some that offer a challenge and can be done with some planning or something, but at least some award that doesn't rely on quantity only.

I don't think I accomplished anything that is worth a mention.

See change for next season.

XTreme!

Thanks to all EDs and everyone else who was involved in this THL! You've done a great job, keep it up. Love you!

Edited by Haptism

Yes! It was nice to reunite with old friends and make new ones, especially after coming back from a long break from this site. Slamma's program to automate updates daily was also the best new thing to come to this THL season.

No. The staff did a fantastic job organizing this! :applause:

It was a nice variety and I loved the challenge. I especially enjoyed going for the 4th award because it involved teamwork.

I felt it was unfair to have an award exclusive to just subscribers. It just felt like you were buying a site award, and you already get a site award for buying a subscription anyway. As mentioned in other threads on this site, especially over the past few months, nobody knows where the subscriber or donation money is actually going, and they sure haven't been going towards adding features or fixing bugs on this site. It felt like a dirty way to get more people to subscribe to this site, especially after so many people unsubscribed a few months ago because of this controversy.

I understand having some kind benefit to subscribers because they want to get their money's worth, but that stuff should stay away from sitewide events and only belong in events exclusive to subscribers.

I think one month is the perfect length. I know some participants feel like they could go on for another month, but I've noticed in the past that participants become burnt out after about a month and a half anyway, so one month is the sweet spot.

It was fair because it still conformed to Sony's Terms of Service. Auto-popping trophies, stacks, Share Play, and sharing physical games are all fine by Sony so it should be fine with this site too. The PS Vita trick where you can switch regions felt a bit sketchy, but it did not require installing any third party software and Sony didn't patch it, so I'd agree with the staff's decision to allow that. It's no different than abusing an exploit or glitch to make obtaining a trophy in a game easier. As long as no third party software was used, it's the developer's fault and it's fair game.

I only did the NA PS4 version! Although, I would've stacked it multiple times if I bought the other regions. :whistle:

The last THL I participated in was THL 7, and that was almost 4 years ago! :eek:

I took a break from this site for a while and THL 9 was announced shortly after I made a return, so I was pretty happy with the timing.

While I'd still like to see 4 awards next season, I'd like to see the subscriber-only award replaced with one that any participant can go for.

Breaking all my records from previous THL seasons.

Besides my opinion on the subscriber-only award, I think everything went smoothly.

Maybe a 2000s theme. There are lots of opportunities with site award ideas, especially since there are PS2 games with trophies now.

Thanks to the staff for organizing this event, and my teammates for an awesome time! :D

EDIT: Although I didn't have any issues with who was on which team and the large gap between first and second place, a lot of people in the discussion thread seemed to have a problem with it. I posted a suggestion there that might solve this, but I'll quote it here as well:

The main reason to go with random teams is to eliminate all the whining and complaining that we're seeing here. To fix the issue you bring up, I think there should be sign-ups separate for hardcore and casual participants. People signing up as casual don't care about going for the win. They mostly go for the other awards. The hardcore teams can fight it out for first place. This isn't the same as having two THLs like some others brought up. It will still run like THL has always run. Hardcore teams won't be locked out of the other awards. One thing I suggest the staff do, if they haven't already in the past, is to run a survey on why people participate in THL, and see how many of them participate to go for the extra awards versus those going for the win. I know the staff has done something similar for game nights, where people can sign up based on their skill at the game.

To add to this idea, if final teams are announced about a 3-4 weeks in advance, hardcore teams shouldn't have any issues planning their strategy.

Edited by Ryukori

Yes, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Tell us why!

It was fun playing games that I would not normally try ( and found 2 gems in the process, The Sexy Brutale and Rime)

Nope

Because I hate nothing ( apart from Flappy Goat. That shit can go die in a corner).

They were ok. Maybe the Sub award should have been tiered so that the guys who surpassed it in the first week had something to aim for. Personally I would have liked to see an award that encouraged you to play a longer 20hour+ game.

Perfectly acceptable.

One month was more than enough. I would have burnt out if it was any longer

Yeah fine

Heard of this gem, but never got round to it.

Never seen one before, the Events in between were really good fun though, and bring a bit of variety to things.

No, it's because you want us to waste our EZPZs on other events.

Mainly an award for a longer game. Hakoomerang for the many, not the few.

I think my first day, unlocked over 150 trophies. I had to actually put effort in after that.

Told me we were doing 90s stuff before the THL, so I didn't waste my games before haha.

RPGs

Overall, it was a fantastic event. Thanks to the EDs, particularly Slamz for all the leader board updates. Thanks to the guys in People Doing Casual Things too, great teamwork picking all the different games and we had a good system where everybody knew what they were doing.

Did you absolutely love this season? Yes.

Tell us why! Had great fun with my teammates and was able to snag up three site awards.

Did you absolutely hate this season? Not really.

Tell us why! I don't hate any of the events. But some of the games I played were a miserable experience.

How do you feel about the awards available? A good variety? A horrible variety? An okay variety? I liked the awards. I can see how a more hardcore player might consider them to be easy, but they were a challenge for a trophy lightweight like me.

How did you feel about the addition of a Subscriber only award? It was just an additional 4th award and not a replacement award, so I thought it was cool.

How about the length? Was one month enough or do you require more to satisfy your trophy thirst? One month is perfect.

The rules were made in sort of an "almost everything goes" way. How did you feel about that? I don't have a problem with it.

How many times did you stack Inksplosion? No need to lie, you can tell us. We won't tell anyone. Zero times.

Are you still mad we made you wait so long for this to come back? Two years seems like a good enough wait. Gives people time to stock their libraries back up.

You know we make you wait because we love you, right? I love you.

What would you like to see change next season? Maybe have a solo award that caters to the more hardcore participants. Or a large community goal. Like a total number of trophies earned during the event.

What was your biggest accomplishment this THL? 550+ trophies and 12 platinums is my biggest month ever.

If we could've done ONE thing different this season, what would you have liked it to be? A Seinfeld award.

If you had to pick a theme for season 10, what would it be? Be creative! You never know who might be reading this! THL 10 should be themed THL XXX, for adults only. :slick: I'm kidding, of course.

Extra (add anything else you would like to here, be it feedback unrelated to the questions above or even shoutouts to your teammates and/or trophy pals!): Thanks again for the EDs for putting this thing together. I think Slamma said the planning started a year ago. That's a lot of work and dedication to get everything just so.

It was pretty cool.

Tell us why!

You did the theme.

Nice variety, and well on theme.

It is my opinion that subscriptions should be scrapped altogether.

One month is the most perfect amount of time possible. I'm glad I thought of it. ;P

Goin' Noid style - I dig it.

I did two versions of it.

Nah. It should be relatively rare to pop up. Make people pine for it.

I know this. Love you too, beeb.

My own availability. I was very busy and wish I could have truly participated.

The fact that I completed 9 games. 9 Easy and quick games, but for how little time I had, I am impressed I even touched a controller.

I didn't participate hard enough to give any real opinion here, sorry.

THL Xtreme

Cheers to my team for somehow managing to get me a site award. The first in a while. Also big high fives to the whole ED team - you guys are peaches.

For the most part, yeah :)

Tell us why!

This was my first THL. Never done anything like it before, I don’t do ‘whoring’ or ‘stacking’ and up to this point earned trophies in my own good time the last 8 years (ie really slowly) and only ever things I like. It was just an entirely new way of gaming for me and one I enjoyed, played a ton of weird shit I would NEVER have otherwise played and the semi constant ‘ding’ of the trophies popping was really cool.

No, although the last week I was a bit sick of TT games and could barely find the will to start something new.

I never considered THL as something I was ever going to take part in, therefore I had no such thing as a THL folder. As such, when I signed up I had nothing prepared at all. My only real option was a month of PS Now which is where most of my haul comes from hence the TT games I got so tired of.

I liked that I had something I could achieve alone that didn’t impact my team mates and also that I contributed to a collective goal aswell so perfect in that respect.

Not arsed. I would have qualified for it but I’m not put out in the least that I will miss out just because I don’t pay to the site (anymore). Great for those that have earned it.

1 month is absolutely fine.

Thumbs up. Bet the ED’s enjoyed not having to facepalm their asses off as usual at the train load of questions that 9/10 times are in the rules.

It was in my Cart online until I heard a few people hating the very living shit out of it for holding them up or a trophy giving them grief so I ended up giving it the Spanish Archer.

As I say I didn’t envisage me ever being in one so not at all. In fact it was kind of sprung on me so again like I say I didn’t have anything prepared!

http://cdn.funnyand.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Love-is-like-Diarrhea.jpg

Well I’ve been very naive and thought this was a much more even playing field coming into the event. Anything that might refrain from a team being able to just cheese the entire thing like this year, I mean none of us stood a chance did we. I still had a blast but as a ‘competition’ it was over well before it even started which is a bit of a shame.

Everything. I mean I had 14 plats to my name going into this, that’s from December 2016 so a year and a half. I’m up to 32 now. That’s quite laughable to some who got 18 platinums in a DAY but for me and my usual gaming style, that’s just unreal.

For it not to have clashed with the World Cup.

I guess a party theme to mark 10 years of THL, like a THL version of the recent throwback shindigs the site had for itself with salutes to previous events? I dunno, like earn a trophy/Plat from each of the previous seasons winners earned and whatnot.

Thank you to the staff and especially to Slamma for the outstanding work put into making this go as smooth as it did.

And a huge thank you to Roo Kids On The Block for having me, an unknown entity in THL, on such a crack team. It was great to jam with you lot and it’s also brought me closer to the community as a whole.

What about a league split half way through?

So say there are for example 12 teams that start and 2wks in, the top 6 and bottom 6 as it stands become two separate leagues or A and B or whatever you wanna call it.

The twist if you like is this split isn't known to the teams and could be announced a few days before it happens.

Basically the ED's announce that 2 new awards become available so one each for winning the newly formed leagues outright, this way for the teams who may be struggling to keep up with the initial runaway leaders in the big league, suddenly have something to play for with the other teams thinking, hang on, we are back in this.

The advantage of surprising it, is to prevent teams for example Snakes in the Grass holding off for two weeks and then going bat shit crazy for the final two weeks in the second league where not as many trophies may not have been necessarily earned and they just outright smash the trophy haul, knowing the competition may not be as fierce and obviously #hakoomerang?

This could be a one time thing so people don't expect it or get familiar, but a different way of keeping the event fresh and mixing it up.

Love is a strong word after only one month, but I didn't enjoy it.

Tell us why!

I got tired of playing EZPZ fairly quickly and even being on a casual team the lack of competition broke a lot of the enthusiasm imo.

No I didn't hate it at all.

It was still enjoyable to blast through a load of games and earn a load of trophies. Had a good team spirit going to with everyone keen to get the completions.

I thought the award variety was good. Kept things challenging for a casual team.

I've been a subscriber for a while so I was happy about it.

A month was definitely long enough for me. I stopped before the month was up so any longer would have been no good for me.

I've never done a THL before so not sure on previous rules but the allowance of VN's appeared to have completely killed any competition. Ultimately people should be able to play what they want but competition is pretty important imo.

Just the one completion for me :whistle:

First THL for me so....

Well ain't that swell

I think the biggest thing would be to find a way of keeping the level of competition balanced somehow. Not sure how exactly without banning certain things though...

Smashing my previous best ever month of trophies by nearly 400.

Clashing with some of the World Cup wasn't ideal :p

Punk!

Thanks to the ED's and for my team members

I liked some things, I didn't like others, but avg terms it was an exciting contest, that's for sure.

Tell us why!

I had a plan, and real life changes it all... I wished I had more free time to play more, but I just couldn't. Speaking about the tournament... nothing is perfect for everybody, but the intentions count as double. Thanks EDs

Hell no... I hardly hate something, but, we have had much better tournaments, that's the true.

Mmm... like I said b4, a real tournament is called that because, if not all, almost all teams have the chance to win it, if that doesn't happen is because something is really unbalanced... having 2 teams at the top in the very first days and never losing that spot, made the rest of the teams losing hopes and competitive spirit, leaving them to earn trophies just for their our purpouse and getting those sexy awards. But not for the win.

Oh Awards! much more hard to win them than a single (P)... the variety was perfect, maybe some designs could be even better but I'm not saying they are awful, great job to the GFX team for those.

Huge improvement adding more that 2 awards this time, it made the things more inspirational collecting trophies for winning them. Cheers for that :applause:

Uff... honestly? it was a bad call... you made that as an elite award, and I didn't like it, many ppl out there doesn't even have a PayPal account or CC so it could be better to change that award for another one.

One month is enough, no more!

Mmm... ok... the rules need to change for THLX (if happens someday). Competitive is the word we want to see next time... not only how many trophies can we all get. We all are differents, we all have different systems, cash to spend on games, time to play them, but Im pretty sure many many players want to win it, that's why we all compete, to have a chance... and this is one of the main targets ED's need to think wise for the next THLs/contests.

3 times I guess? :think:

Not at all... World Cup takes 4 years, Olympics another 4 years... so why not 2 years for another THL?? but hey! if you really want to create a real TH "League" you need to think in a real League, not only in a full month... groups, weeks of play, bye weeks, two best teams out of 4 in each group advance to playoffs? Hey! that's a real "League"... didn't you watch Rusia 2018? lol...

Of course you love us, just like we love y'all :hug:

Avoiding vn's mostly, avoiding playing multiple system at same time, 4 players per team again and giving more points for getting (P)s :D

Getting the (P) for Tales from the Borderlands... Finally!!

The past is done... better to focus on the future :)

10 is a magic number, but is truly a binary number too... if you know that. So it could be interesting having binaries numbers all over the place, we just have to find a great binary calculator to solve those banners lol...

I only want to be healty and be gaming for many more years to be part in the next contest you guys can create. Then the rest is gonna be easier. Many thanks to all ED's for taking the lead in all this THL and many thanks to my teammates Mighty Morphin Trophy Rangers! we did it just Gggggreeat! :respect:

Edited by leptonic

It was an enjoyable one.

Tell us why!

It gave me a good excuse to enjoy the hunt for the month since this was my first THL. Normally, I would play games that gear towards me and save those crazy and weird games way down in the future.

Not really.

The staff did a fantastic job with this event. I don’t even recall Slamma use the infamous ‘Read da Rulez’ once. I call it a miracle. :francis:

They were fine as it gave people something to shoot for if they want it.

While it was okay, I can understand why the people who did not subscribe for the entire event would have gripes about it. Since it was the 90s theme, maybe it should have something akin to the 3rd award back in THL 8 where the top 9% of trophy earners get the award. At least it keeps the race rather interesting since the team one’s been decided in the first few days.

One month is perfectly fine for a casual like me.

This is fine in practice in this event since it allows people to play whatever they want, but the VN’s really killed any chance of a cliffhanger that I think many people would’ve wanted to see in the final week of competition. Good on the winners for their strategy, but perhaps the rules to gear towards balance might’ve been better.

Zippo.

Not really. You’re fortunate that I didn’t ding up that many trophies in the QTEs before this event. You set us up all along, but I’m getting my awards, so I’m not complaining.

I do not know about the love part. You guys just want to torture us for your own sick pleasure.

Finding a way to keep the competition invigorated for the entire month and not go out like embers in the first week or few days. It seemed that certain teams lost that motivation once they knew a team wasn’t going to be caught and all the type that came before the start of the event died with it.

Having the highest trophy count (510) and the number of platinum trophies (13) for the month ever.

Disallow VN’s.

As the posts above, a PlayStation exclusive theme would be outstanding. Something to look forward to before PS5 comes out.

Major props to the Event Directors for hosting this fun event. A big thank you to Slamma for his tireless work behind the scenes, making sure that things went ahead without a hitch. How that man does the updates on a daily basis for the entire month is beyond me. He definitely deserves a break from all of this.

And a big, big thank you to Lord of the Pings for having a newbie in THL on board. It’s been loads of fun to rack up many trophies that we did and not land in the cellar.

fDid you absolutely love this season?

I mean at times I was questioning my sanity and life choices, but I think that's a sign of a good THL. It was one of my favorite seasons personally because I exceeded many of my goals and the numbers popped were absolutely insane in general. I feel it was the best run THL by the staff.

It would have been nice for the competition to have been more competitive, because I did feel that the majority of my team and community quickly became disengaged compared to past seasons. There wasn't as much excitement to past years.

I'm a bit surprised by some of the comments. Personally, I never care about any of the side awards but I thought there were some interesting awards, and it was really cool there were other additional leaderboards- completions, etc there hasn't been before. Despite a lack of competition for the team victory, it felt like there were more things to compete for than ever before- especially for casuals or middle of the pack teams. So I don't quite understand the sentiment of some. I do feel even side awards should be quantity based. This is trophy hunting at its purest, and there are several other events throughout the year that have different objectives.

It really doesn't bother me.

Perfect. I feel a month is the perfect length for THL. And I don't want playoffs to come back- even if the competition is more exciting. I hate 'conserving' trophies for a final that you might not even get to.

I totally understand why they're made that way and I mostly agree. Its difficult to enforce stricter rules and likely unnecessary as I felt the rules were fair this year. I didn't do the Vita glitch but its not that big of a deal. The only thing I have an issue with is if anyone has multiple people playing on their account. Several of the top trophy hunters in the world leaderboards (or removed from) are acknowledged or known cheats. I guess its an honor system and we just have to hope everyone is playing alone on their account in respect of other competitors.

I do wish gamesharing was banned as it was the first several iterations of the competition. I think this is a way to help protect against account sharing to a degree. A simple audit of purchases of the top 10 in the leaderboard or top teams wouldn't take too much time, as it wouldn't take much time for each contender to show proof of their purchases.

In the end, I'm fine with things staying the same. Other people's actions don't affect how many trophies I can earn.

Some of the suggestions I've read to ban VN's or easy games for a trophy hunting competition are asinine in my opinion. How would it even be enforced? Poop Slinger and Slyde are ok but Steins Gate (Korea) isn't- what about the US or EU version of Steins Gate? Any game on PSN should be allowed as always. It's up to you to do the research or acquire any game you want to play. I spent maybe $500 the year I won THL MVP. Last THL I spent very little due to my circumstances at the time and still had 2000. You can probably spend $500-$1000 on imports and PSN purchases and be competitive. Everyone has advantages- some people may have more money, some people may not work at all and have more hours for gaming. After reflecting, I don't think any arbitrary restrictions should be placed on the competition.

Not anymore, 2 years or at least a year seems perfect to me now. Sorry for complaining in the past. It would be very helpful to have more than one month notice however if it was known THL was coming. One month is not enough notice to prepare properly for a serious THL run in the current environment.

One extremely simple change that could make a big difference- 4 person teams again please. There hasn't been a competitive THL since the teams switched from 4 to 6. There would be a greater chance to have more competitive teams rather than just one or two super teams.

Finally, #1 on the Career Leaderboard after all these years. I never thought it was possible for me to accomplish with all the serious trophy hunters in the competition over the years. It took alot of dedication and focus over the last 4-5 years especially to make it happen, but was always my ultimate goal. I finally felt satisfaction the last night of THL and really 'enjoyed' Dying Reborn and Late Shift realizing this might be the end of me, but I'll walk away happy if I do.

Earlier notice that THL was coming. A week or two off work and I could have popped 5K-6K+ I believe as I just ran out of time this THL. Also, our team would have been MUCH more competitive as I would have been able to acquire games earlier and share them with more teammates.

Thank you to all my teammates. Leptonic and TrophyDad have helped me so much over years, so much knowledge on which games to play and how to be as efficient as possible. Leo wrote a bunch of flawless guides. Snach- you had such a great season; sorry we didn't get you a team victory. Thanks to all the guide writers out there in general. Thanks to Slamma and all the event staff- I feel it was the best run THL. I enjoyed the community discussion especially on nights I was struggling to stay awake and motivated. Congrats to Snakes for the Victory and record. And Krid for the individual record. I hope we pushed each other to higher totals. I know I didn't think I could hit 3000 and ended up getting 4500.

Edited by neahcrow

I had a good amount of fun yes :D

Tell us why!

I normally only play horror games or big games. with just a light sprinklin of parmasan cheeze thrown in, but thl made me play a loooad of 'shite' that i have previously purposefully avoided... and kudos to some of that shite for legit making me laff... like Mr Massagy... i legit found that HILARIOUS, so it was worth it! i will probably play almost anything now, i dont fear the cheez. thl helped me beat a phobia.

uhmm... i guess so yea. MVP woulda been nice only cuz id a got it mwahahahaa

good question that reminds me am i subscriber or not?! did i get this one?!!? lol

month is fine.

no longer than a month, dont even think about it dirty bastards.

even a week would be cool i think. mini thl FTW :D

twice. my only available options at the time.

uhmm... i like that i never once dropped out of the top tier 'master of your domain' individual leaderboard. i feel like small-fry so im pleased with that.

RITE...heres my important feedback section!... i have an idea...

teams.

u can just look at a team n go oooo they're gonna be trouble.

i think it was just a few days in where i made the prediction bet "£20 says snakes in the grass win" somethin like that.

HERES MY IDEA FOR NEXT SEASON:

a fair distribution of the top mental hardcore achievers, combined with a reward system of a promotion to reflect their previous seasons performance.

i.e.

if theres 10 thl teams. each player in the top 10 individual leaderboard of this season -who wants to partake in the next season of course- is positioned as (made/promoted) captain for each team. 15 teams, use top 15, etc. it is a reward... they earned superiority... so they cant be mardy about it lol. they also cant be mardy about being split up because they can still invite whichever friends to fill up the remaining team slots. (but obviously not the other players already assigned as captain according to their rankings.)

....does that make sense? i've struggled to verbalise what i mean.

i just thinks it would give the entire community more of a shot at victory from the get go :)

An Edit to agree with the above poster neahcrow: yea teams of 4 sounds much better. 4 would provoke much more fun competitiveness like u said instead of a few superteams. more equality hear hear!

hold next thl over halloween.

next theme is horror. all things horror.

of course i was gonna say that. :rolleyes:

thanks to jvaferreira for doin a steller job as captain, i appreciated ur extra work n the spreadsheets n stuff, things id of never done for myself! nice job to the rest of the team for makin my first experience a hassle-free pleasant one, and we didnt do too bad at all so nice one to all the guys :thumbsup:

n Slamma your nightly updates were THE SHIT. u rule.

n Velvet ur just ace so, thats all i need to say. :D

Edited by esstee11

It was just another THL season for me.

Tell us why!

Nothing really special. Just going for the miscellaneous awards.

No.

N/A

There was a good variety of awards. Nice to have a fourth award instead of the normal three and that there wasn't an MVP type award like in the previous seasons that were out of reach for most people.

It game something a little extra for Subscribers, as there haven't been many Subscriber events recently.

One month is more than enough.

I'm fine with it. Keep it simple. As long as it isn't hacking or multiple people on one account.

Didn't play.

It's fine, but I wish it were more of a yearly thing.

We love you too! :hug:

I know this isn't the most popular opinion, but I miss the playoffs. There was something about it that made it feel like a real spectator sport, even if your team wasn't in it. Then again, I'm fine without playoffs.

I barely accomplish the goals needed for the awards. I guess that counts for something.

I think everything went smoothly.

It's too bad that THL 10 couldn't coincide with the 10th year anniversary of this site. I would probably have done a 2000's theme. It is the decade that actually introduced trophies, right?

Thanks to all of my teammates, from this season and previous season, and the EDs for running THL. I've participated in all 9 so far.

Edited by stgermain

• Velvet unpinned this topic