New info on DLC

Thanks for sharing! I platinumed the game months ago but have been playing recently to level up...currently at level 87 and aiming to beat all the tainted monsters. Only got 3 Higgledies to go as well.

The new DLC packs sound good but I'm getting a bit bored of replaying the Faraway Forest dungeon as the only good loot is after the 25th floor! I kind of wish they had a teleport system where you could start after a certain level if you had made it that far already...it would be pretty stupid if they make these new bosses on the 35th or 40th floor because it will take at least 20 minutes just to get to them!

I welcome the new quests and an expansion to the story next year. I wonder if there will be new trophies too as that would be awesome. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am just going through the DLC quest now and the difficulty spike is mental.

I am on side quest 181: When souls collide. Its been plain sailing up to this point (fetch quests which, if you are end game, won't need fetching). I am level 72/73 and the guy you fight (no spoilers) is level 75 and i hit him a few times and didn't even touch his health bar.

He basically one shotted me: arse.

Anyone on this yet? tips?

Cheers.

I am on side quest 181: When souls collide. Its been plain sailing up to this point (fetch quests which, if you are end game, won't need fetching). I am level 72/73 and the guy you fight (no spoilers) is level 75 and i hit him a few times and didn't even touch his health bar.

Cheers.

Were you trying a poison build?

Cheers.

I assume you've already done it by now, but I agree, the difficulty of this fight took me by surprise as he basically oneshot my party members with almost any of his fire attacks. So equipping fire resistance gear did help a lot. But he can also be cheesed relatively easy by just running away from him, hitting him with some ranged attacks and just staying away as much as possible. I was around 86 with Evan and 82 with my other party members, and I still thought he was annoying. His teleport causes much issues trying to safely get some hits on him before he starts spamming flame attacks, but his attacks are relatively predictable and by the end of my second attempt, I could relatively safely mix in melee attacks with ranged without much problems.

Cheers.

What difficulty setting are you playing? Based on the descriptions, I assume the new trophies can be obtained on normal?

Edited by Oakclaw

Hi guys,

No I haven’t been playing since then. To be honest I’ve just equipped the best stuff I’ve had at various points in the game. I wouldn’t know how to poison build, but looking at, for example, the poison weapon for Evan, it seems very beginner level. Are there others or can you make poison weapons and I’m just not understanding the creation process?

I’m just playing on normal. The trophy for strong to level 40 of DD can only be done on harder difficulties? (There was a pop up at the beginning of the game when I loaded up after dlc Installed saying that was the case).

Cheers

Edited by suikoden

• 1 month later...

FYI, the drop rate of rarer items is marginally better from my experience on Expert. I will experiment on floors 31-39 by setting the difficulty to Expert and starting on Danger Level 5. The battles take a lot longer and enemies can do serious damage but it's not impossible.

I hope in the next DLC/patch they increase the level cap as 99 isn't big enough.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks for sharing! I platinumed the game months ago but have been playing recently to level up...currently at level 87 and aiming to beat all the tainted monsters. Only got 3 Higgledies to go as well.

The new DLC packs sound good but I'm getting a bit bored of replaying the Faraway Forest dungeon as the only good loot is after the 25th floor! I kind of wish they had a teleport system where you could start after a certain level if you had made it that far already...it would be pretty stupid if they make these new bosses on the 35th or 40th floor because it will take at least 20 minutes just to get to them!

I welcome the new quests and an expansion to the story next year. I wonder if there will be new trophies too as that would be awesome. :)

Your wish was granted :p

• 2 weeks later...