PST Quick Time Event! - Vying for Attention - Submission Thread

Deceiver

zBVzbfY.png

A real conversation always contains an invitation. You are inviting another person to reveal herself or himself to you, to tell you who they are or what they want.” – David Whyte

Following along with the birthday fun, this QTE is dedicated to our current Admin of the hour, Vyrastas! This time, we actually made one for him, but after he learned Olsen got to make his, he absolutely had to create one as well. After a bit of back and forth, a few tossed out ideas, 2 broken pencils, and a bad experience with some faulty wiring in the den (don’t ask), he finally decided on what he wanted you guys to do! Being the socially curious fellow he is, Vy’s QTE will follow the theme of the quote above. He has graciously extended an invitation your way; an invitation for chit, an invitation for chatter. Don’t worry if you’re a little shy, you don’t have to actually start the conversation or anything. Vy’s already taken care of that part. You just have to respond… in the form of a trophy! Think you got the chops to complete this QTE? Check out the rules below for more details on what it is exactly you’ll be responding to and how.

When does the QTE start?

What must I know in order to participate?

• To participate, you need to have joined the site on (or before) April 30th, 2018 AND have over 50 posts. This is restricted to playstationtrophies.org members ONLY. Becoming a Subscriber negates the post count and join date requirements.
  • We're not going to limit the number of people who can submit. Anyone that wants to participate, and meets the requirements, can submit.

So...what are the rules of the event?

• All trophies must be earned between June 15th, 2018 00:00:00 UTC and June 17th, 2018 23:59:59 UTC. Nothing earned before or after will be accepted.
  • You must reply to a post by Vyrastas using a trophy title. Descriptions will not count.
  • You can use just a portion of a post, if you want, but the quote must contain at least a sentence.
  • If a quote has been used, you cannot use it again. If a user only picked a portion of a post, you can use another from it though.
  • As long as you choose a different quote, you can use a trophy already submitted by another member.
  • The trophy title must be at least 10 characters long.
  • Trophy title must be in English.
  • The response has to make sense, this will be determined by the EDs.
  • Include the location of the quote as well as the quote you are replying to.

How do I sign-up/submit?

• You do not need to sign up for the QTE. All you need to do is submit your entry via the Submission Thread when you've met the requirements.
  • Only submissions entered between June 15th, 2018 00:00:00 UTC and June 17th, 2018 23:59:59 UTC will be accepted.
  • Submit your numbers as below.

PSN: Blood_Velvet

Trophy Log

Lol we can agree on this for sure.

Let's go Falcons! (Sorry Slamma)

Trophy: I Knew You Were a Wrong-Sider (Trophy Number)

• The submission thread will be locked shortly after the event is over.
  • Any submissions that come in after the event is over will not be accepted, even if the submission thread hasn't been closed yet.

Time Zone Details

If you are unsure of your time zone, then please check one of these websites to make sure you know what time the event begins:

Time Zone Converter - Time & Time Zone Conversion

The World Clock – Time Zones

Edited by Zetberg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:psn:: Leo_the_Lion25

Trophy Log

Sorry, but that promo was Lamesville. I'm as hyped for the season as any of you nerds, but all it made me do was roll my eyes. We're in the home stretch, shits gonna go down in Westeros, and that's all they can come up with?

Trophy:

019.jpg

(B) Things Got Personal (B)

(#14,432)

V: Good.

Edited by Velvet

PSN: PainOfDemise

Trophy Log

Snap it's cross buy? Guess I'll do it on PS4 too! :D

Trophy: Greedy (#5,682)

Z: Rejected, sorry. The trophy title must be at least 10 characters long.

Please make a new post if you want to resubmit.

Edited by Zetberg

PSN: Martain2

Trophy Log

I'm way behind in the game though, I haven't purchased the last few table packs... had to take a break from the pinball, but I plan to start it back up in the new year.

Trophy: A Quick Breather (#4,975)

D: Good.

Edited by Deceiver

PSN: barra333

Trophy Log

The point was that Webb and RX had plenty of time and opportunity to take this site to the next level, show what was the best gaming community that they appreciated them, and really make something of it all (which I thought is what they wanted). But they squandered it, which is a shame.

Trophy: Maybe it is too much to handle... (#1673)

Edited by Deceiver

PSN: MK34567

Trophy Log

Yo I'm Vy-ras-T and I'm gonna be

Runnin' down the aisles with the rhymin' spree

Snatchin' bronze silver gold, yo I just don't quit

Keep it 100 because I don't give a *BEEP*

Trophy: Talent Discovered - #6,455

Edited by Deceiver

PSN:GAZDAN

Trophy Log

Once I took over, the excuse I got on why subscriptions hadn't been done yet, was that they didn't think there was enough value to offer them. From what I knew it was basically done, they were just sitting on it.

In the interest of actually getting them to implement something—you know, ship new features, which a successful site needs to do with regularity—I pushed to do it. People had been asking how to donate for a long time, it was dumb to sit there and not give them a way to do so. But apparently it was too hard to add a simple Donate button at the top of every page, the entire subscription and donate feature had to be pushed.

Trophy: Beat a Dead Horse #16,171

Edited by Deceiver

what's weird is just yesterday I was trying to decide what book to read next, and I have Salman Rushdie's "Two Years, Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights" on my shelf waiting... I pick it up and thumb through it and what do I find at the beginning? That same Goya etching "The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters". It was part of the inspiration for the book. I guess I know what to read next. :p

#9,313: Page Turner - https://psnprofiles.com/DrHambone/log

Post Page https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/music/48263-metal-thread-202.html#post5746423

Z: Good

Edited by Zetberg

Trophy Log: https://psnprofiles.com/Jerry_Appleby/log

Location (thread was old and locked so I couldn't directly quote the post)

Spurs in 6

Response:

#21,114 "What If You Picked The Other One?" from Dying Light

edit: If the sentence fragment above can't be used because it doesn't contain an actual sentence, use this post instead:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/3599805-post74.html

First game just started, hopefully I'm not too late...

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nba/sml/trans/okc.gif in 5

Z: I'll pick the second quote. Submission is good.

Edited by Zetberg

PSN: Zetberg

Trophy Log

Sorry Krid, I had to go back to Gage, even though he's Canadian. You got that new girl you've been going out with and I feel like you just don't have time for me anymore. :(

Trophy: King Of The Swingers (#17,884)

Edited by Deceiver

:psn: Blood_Velvet

Trophy Log

OG Post

This is not the kind of behavior I want encouraged in this competition and I don't want to see it again, I won't give another warning.

If this is what people are going to start doing, maybe we'll just end it altogether early. Grow up people, that goes for some members of staff too.

Trophy: Apparently We Suck #11,548

Edited by Deceiver

PSN: XxDecieverxX

Trophy Log

TBH, it's pretty crazy how much the staff does, without pay. Speaking for myself, it was fun, I learned a lot, met some great people... but you know what, I finally realized it was time to get paid for the writing work I do.

Trophy: Righteous Crusader #7420

V: Good.

Edited by Velvet