Vault layout

Jester695

Does that actually block them? May need to start this

The mole rats can only initiate an attack in a room that is touching dirt, and elevators can be used to keep rooms from touching dirt. I have my side walls lined with elevators and a row of elevators along the underside of my bottom floor. So the only place the moles can "start" is the top floor, the two large rooms to the right of the vault door. I have all my best guns in those two rooms, so those pests can never spread out of that starting place.

I ended up just keeping the same basic layout and ran my elevator straight down from the starting position. I would love to remodel my whole vault but the game won't let you without destroying/ selling your rooms for a fraction of the cost. At this point it seems like a big waste to go so. But if I ever start a new vault I will definitely be doing something different with my layout.

• 1 month later...

Death claws will be a huge problem later on with such a structure if not fully prepared for them. I set up my vault by running the first 5 to 7 floors down the right side. When the deathclawz come, they have to clear a floor. Turn around, clear another floor, then go back to the elevator. Mole rats are the least of your worries. So long as ya stock the first rooms, ignoring the vault door, with strong weapons continuly, and high level dwellers, death claws later on won't be nothing.