Playstation TV or PSVITA?

hoytie

I would say the Vita... not every game is compatible on the PSTV.

This^

The PS TV was a nice idea but Sony dropped it like a hot brick only a matter of months after it came out, thus most devs can't be bothered to code in support for it so you're better off just sticking with the Vita itself.

I have both, and the only reason I know that is because my cat knocked the PS TV off the TV cabinet a week ago, which made me think... "When the hell did I buy that?"... So yea, don't waste your time with the PS TV...

FTR, the reason why I got the PSTV was for the remote play. I could stream from the PS4 downstairs to the TV upstairs without having to swap saves or games or having to move a console.

I think I did it once and it was terrible.

I don't even know what PS TV is to be honest so I'll have to go with the Vita despite it being dead and the fact that every time I decide to play it again my hate for it grows.

It's a way of playing Vita games on your TV but most games don't support it so it tanked and Sony dropped it soon afterwards: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-tv/

Edited by Terminator
Update.

I have both, and the only reason I know that is because my cat knocked the PS TV off the TV cabinet a week ago, which made me think... "When the hell did I buy that?"... So yea, don't waste your time with the PS TV...

FTR, the reason why I got the PSTV was for the remote play. I could stream from the PS4 downstairs to the TV upstairs without having to swap saves or games or having to move a console.

I think I did it once and it was terrible.

This is the most accurate description.

I too have both and the Remote Play on the PSTV is absolutely useless!

I really wouldn’t bother with the PSTV.

Vita all the way

It's a way of playing Vita games on your TV but most games don't support it so it tanked and Sony dropped it soon afterwards: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstation-tv/

If it's anything like Vita cross play it sucks. I tried it a couple of times and you either have to have an excelent internet connection or use the PS4 wifi which is a bit better but only seems to work if it's 2 meters away from it.

Both. Vita is great for traveling. PSTV can make vita games larger by putting on your home TV. Note, not all are compatible but a lot are.

^This, I have both, well 2 PSTV’s and a Vita and I use them all. Most games will play on the PSTV and I’ll attach links to a good wiki guide I use when wondering if they play or not. It’s pretty comprehensive and for the most part , accurate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games_(A–L)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games_(M–Z)

Edited by GAZDAN

Personally I'd go with the Vita over the PSTV. The games were really designed to be played on that over the PSTV. Also, it can be much more immersive, depending on the game you are playing; not to mention that some games are not compatible with the PSTV.

At this point I'm not sure you can find either one at retail new anymore, but maybe I'm wrong.

I like the PSTV for what it is - an option to play many Vita games on a larger screen with a more comfortable controller. (That's really good when you have large hands. The Vita is kinda small, my hands cramp after awhile) What it's not is a replacement for the Vita. It won't play all the games, you sacrifice touch controls even with the DS4, trying to use the touchpad in place of the screen is a pain in the ass.

But if you're looking to play something like Persona 4, or Disgaea or the like, it's pretty good. If you can only get one though, go for the Vita for sure.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...