Platinum possible in five hours

By now I'm sure many of you have seen the threads in the Jak II and Jak 3 forum from Sellers and the forum on PSNP for this game. In case you haven't, in a nutshell, you can unlock all the story-related trophies (except the final boss one) and the power cell-related trophies in seconds by using the codes found on this website:

https://jadtech.miraheze.org/wiki/Debug_Mode

First you need to activate debug mode, which you do by entering these codes once you have control of Jak. You will hear a chime once you have entered each one correctly.

First Code:

Hold :l3:, :up: :up: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: :cross: :cross: :square: :circle: :square: :circle:

Second Code:

Hold :l3:, :circle: :square: :circle: :square: :cross: :cross: :right: :left: :right: :left: :down: :down: :up: :up:

Once you enter the codes and hear the chime both times then the debug mode is fully active. Go to the pause menu, highlight every power cell slot and press :l1: and :r1: over each one to unlock that power cell. You will also unlock the corresponding trophy.

HOWEVER!

Don't activate the power cell for killing all the centipede-type lurkers in the Spider Cave, "Use your Goggles to shoot the Gnawing Lurkers". The reason being is because when you unlock the power cell legitimately the last lurker drops additional orbs. On two playthroughs of Spider Cave on separate saves I was missing two and then four orbs. Only when I got that power cell the normal way did the additional orbs drop and I could get them all.

Use :l3: and :circle: next to the warp gate at Geyser Rock (the first level) and travel to Red Sage's Hut. When you arrive head to the Spider Cave that is on one of the sides of this map and work towards that power cell. It's best to get these collectibles out of the way first in case they do glitch.

The Scout Flies and Precursor Orbs will not be added to your inventory automatically, so you have to go through the whole game and collect them manually. Luckily it can be made quicker using the debug codes. Press :r2: as soon as you get hit to restore a section of health which will make you almost invincible, hold :r2: to fly through the air for an easier time with platforming and avoiding enemies. You can also press :l1:, :l2:, :r1: and :r2: at the same time to enter a first-person flying mode that allows you to move around a lot quicker. Press those buttons again to exit that mode and spawn where you stopped.

Head to the final boss area and defeat it as normal. For me the elevator to go up didn't appear. So I saved my game and when I loaded my save the elevator was there as normal. You must enter the codes again to activate debug mode if you quit the game.

I did this on PS4 so can't personally confirm it works on PS3 and Vita, but I have good reason to believe it does.

Edited by AshtimusPrime

HOWEVER!

Don't activate the power cell for killing all the centipede-type lurkers in the Spider Cave, "Use your Goggles to shoot the Gnawing Lurkers". The reason being is because when you unlock the power cell legitimately the last lurker drops additional orbs. On two playthroughs of Spider Cave on separate saves I was missing two and then four orbs. Only when I got that power cell the normal way did the additional orbs drop and I could get them all.

Use :l3: and :circle: next to the warp gate at Geyser Rock (the first level) and travel to Red Sage's Hut. When you arrive head to the Spider Cave that is on one of the sides of this map and work towards that power cell. It's best to get these collectibles out of the way first in case they do glitch.

Glad to hear you managed to find a solution for this one :dance: Definitely worth mentioning, as some people have no issues, where as others seem to always have it glitch. For my run of the game it somehow worked fine

I see that Jak 1 on PS4 is on patch 1.03: can anyone confirm that debug mode is still working (and obv trophies popping too)?

EDIT: I can confirm that patch 1.03 does not block debug mode nor trophy popping.

EDIT2: ditto for J2's 1.02 and J3'3 1.01

Edited by GaF

I see that Jak 1 on PS4 is on patch 1.03: can anyone confirm that debug mode is still working (and obv trophies popping too)?

EDIT: I can confirm that patch 1.03 does not block debug mode nor trophy popping.

EDIT2: ditto for J2's 1.02 and J3'3 1.01

mine is only on patch 1.01 but says its the latest version should i be worried :think:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Lead Zeppelin

Break all Four Tethers to the Zeppelin

this one didnt auto pop for me, is it has to do legit ?

I do this on PS3 nice and slow to let trophy pop one by one but this one isn't seems to pop on me after 2-3 attempts.

Edited by Fiel

The Lead Zeppelin

Break all Four Tethers to the Zeppelin

this one didnt auto pop for me, is it has to do legit ?

I do this on PS3 nice and slow to let trophy pop one by one but this one isn't seems to pop on me after 2-3 attempts.

That one popped randomly for me as I was driving through the Lava Tube level. I think I read somewhere that it has to be done legit, but I can't personally confirm it.

• 1 month later...
That one popped randomly for me as I was driving through the Lava Tube level. I think I read somewhere that it has to be done legit, but I can't personally confirm it.

I've done this twice now (once on my dummy account (while testing it out) and now on my regular account) and have never gotten that one to pop from the Power Cells. Both Times I've had to beat the level.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Can any1 confirm this still works on PS4? I'm thinking of doing the whole bundle od Jak & I would like to use that debug method, but judging on the estimated time to platinum thread everybody seems to be doing this1 legit.

It still works in every version and port of all three games.

First time players tend to do a normal playthrough because it's a good game and not really that difficult. It's pretty much just hunters looking for extra platinums doing it the debug way.