Platinum possible in minutes with the Debug Menu (PS4)

Sellers

Hi all, recently a debug menu was discovered on all 3 Jak games. This allows you to access options such as level select and give yourself collectibles, this also happens to autopop every single trophy on the PS4 version of Jak 2, I was able to get the platinum in 3 minutes.

This also works to a degree on PS3 and Vita, loading the final mission will pop around 9-10 trophies, you can watch some cutscenes form the list in Acts 1, 2 and 3 that will pop several more, you can mop up the rest with mission select using the infinite health and flying functions easily enough, you obviously cannot pop collectibles on Vita as there is no way to connect another controller or switch user.

All functions can be seen via the below link.

https://jadtech.miraheze.org/wiki/Debug_Mode

Enter the codes separately from the main menu, you will hear a chime once you have entered each one correctly.

First Code:

Hold :l3:, :up: :up: :down: :down: :left: :right: :left: :right: :cross: :cross: :square: :circle: :square: :circle:

Second Code:

Hold :l3:, :circle: :square: :circle: :square: :cross: :cross: :right: :left: :right: :left: :down: :down: :up: :up:

Once you enter the codes and hear the chime both times then the debug mode is fully active, start a new game, pause and hold down :l2: + :r1: and this will replace some of the existing pause menu options with level select, cutscene select and others.

Select the final level 'Defeat Metal Kor at nest', upon loading every single story related trophy apart from the last one will now autopop, turn on a 2nd controller or switch user on PS4 and press :l3: + :cross: and this will now give you lots of metal head gems and orbs which will autopop those trophies. Now pause and hold :l2: + :r1: again and select the menu for Act 3 scenes, play the final scene and the last story related trophy and platinum will pop.

Hope this helps :D

edit:

This won't get you flagged as a cheater on PSNP or PSNTL, it's a legitimate in-game feature

Edited by Sellers

For those interested, all the Jak games as of today have just gone on sale as well on the EU Store. :)

Brilliant timing! Noticed as I added Jak II to my basket, Jak 3 is still showing full price at the moment though. Think I'll do these as soon as in case it gets patched or something. :francis:

Brilliant timing! Noticed as I added Jak II to my basket, Jak 3 is still showing full price at the moment though. Think I'll do these as soon as in case it gets patched or something. :francis:

Add the games to your basket and they'll go down in price, stores a bit buggy. The 4 games are also on sale for £20 collectively, so might be best to get that

Also as a note, this is highly highly unlikely to get patched as it's featured in the original release and every single remaster of the game, including PS3 and Vita

Edited by ThePriceysRight

Add the games to your basket and they'll go down in price, stores a bit buggy. The 4 games are also on sale for £20 collectively, so might be best to get that

Already have TPL from my TLL preorder. Forgot that the racing game is included. Never did play that so might get it too. :think:

Will anyone make videos of getting the Platinum by the way? I already have games I plan to play this month. I will be doing this sometime soon this year. I have the PS3 collections. I might use a dummy account to test them out first.

Going to have to wait for a sale on the others games. I wish I got them before but didn't. :(

I'm not paying $14.99 for them I rather get different games with that amount.

Will anyone make videos of getting the Platinum by the way? I already have games I plan to play this month. I will be doing this sometime soon this year. I have the PS3 collections. I might use a dummy account to test them out first.

Going to have to wait for a sale on the others games. I wish I got them before but didn't. :(

I'm not paying $14.99 for them I rather get different games with that amount.

They are on sale on the UK store if you have an account there.

I would have recorded it but the PS4 doesn't record trophy notifications :sadroo:

How do I know which cutscenes I'm supposed to watch to unlock the trophies?

It seems to be different for each person, but I have a list of them for Jak 2 at home when I tested it on Vita so I'll update the OP later with that. You can skip them with :triangle: and it still unlocks the trophies.

It seems to be different for each person, but I have a list of them for Jak 2 at home when I tested it on Vita so I'll update the OP later with that. You can skip them with :triangle: and it still unlocks the trophies.

Ok, thanks. I've been watching a couple of cutscenes but apparently watching some of them doesn't unlock trophies.

So, this mehtod works for the PS3 and PS4 version?

It works flawlessly on PS4, I haven't tested on PS3 but from what I've heard collectibles work but only some story trophies autopop, you might be able to pop more by going through cutscenes, otherwise you can cleanup what you are missing from mission select and use infinite health.

Is this a viable method for getting the plats on the Vita outta curiosity,

You can autopop around half fo the story related trophies on Vita, still have to get the collectibles and clean up using mission select, so it still saves around half of the time from completing the story.

so does the debug menu on 1 and 3 also autopop the plat? Or just makes it easier?

For Jak 1, you can give yourself every powercell which unlocks every trophy apart from collecting the orbs and scout flies, which will probably take a few hours since you can use the debug menu to fly around and regenerate health.

For Jak 3 I posted a similar thread, all you have to do is grind out half of the collectibles, everything else pops.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/jak-3-hd/324099-platinum-possible-2-3-hours-debug-menu-ps4.html

You can autopop around half fo the story related trophies on Vita, still have to get the collectibles and clean up using mission select, so it still saves around half of the time from completing the story.

For Jak 1, you can give yourself every powercell which unlocks every trophy apart from collecting the orbs and scout flies, which will probably take a few hours since you can use the debug menu to fly around and regenerate health.

For Jak 3 I posted a similar thread, all you have to do is grind out half of the collectibles, everything else pops.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/jak-3-hd/324099-platinum-possible-2-3-hours-debug-menu-ps4.html

Quality, thanks for the info, i platted the trilogy legit on PS3, and Jak 1 on PS4 and Vita legit, but 2 and 3 on Vita just started to drain me cos of the controls, this would make me revisit them, i'd do the PS4 versions legit, thanks!