MHW: Event Quest List and Discussion Thread

Gage

It's hard to grind legit when MH devs use "cursed" RNG system, that intentionally blocks players from earning certain rewards.

After about 150 Vaal runs I'm kinda starting to appreciate these events.

dont do investigations that are 7 or 8 tries and have no golds. from what ive seen they never give crowns in those. i havent killed a monster more than 40 times before getting both crowns and now with the elders it wont even come close to 40 since i know what size to look for. run in, go right to the dragon, measure and if it isnt huge or mini, i abandon quest.

Yeah man haven't earned that plat unless you've done 100's of hours of mindless grinding based purely on RNG.

no one is forcing you to go for platinum :rolleyes:

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont do investigations that are 7 or 8 tries and have no golds. from what ive seen they never give crowns in those. i havent killed a monster more than 40 times before getting both crowns and now with the elders it wont even come close to 40 since i know what size to look for. run in, go right to the dragon, measure and if it isnt huge or mini, i abandon quest.

Do you know what a cursed drop table is? No offense, but your advice is worthless.

Upd: I re-launched the game at different time, uploaded from USB the same investigations that gave me nothing before and this time it gave me the biggest Vaal possible.

Edited by nyonmyan

Ok... this is getting ridiculous. I got 9/10 crowns in about one and a half hour in this week's event. Been chasing large rathian for three days now... I must have done the quest 50 times and still nothing.

Increased rate my 4$$. Looks broken to me.

I've managed to get all mini and large crowns from this event so it's definitely possible. The RNG is a pain in the ass but you gotta keep trying.

Coral is up and as I expected, only 4 monsters. I'm pretty sure now we'll get 2 more events with 4 monsters each for the 2 remaining areas. Fingers crossed everyone! :dance:

Damn, I still needed mini Jyuratodus and giant Diablos. Mistakenly thought the quest expired tomorrow...

Oh well, hopefully they will cycle back through these quests eventually.

Damn, I still needed mini Jyuratodus and giant Diablos. Mistakenly thought the quest expired tomorrow...

Oh well, hopefully they will cycle back through these quests eventually.

They should, they said in the PS Blog post about the Aloy armor the quests will rotate back in eventually.

There isn't a new quest on the schedule for the next two week in a similar manner with lots of Monsters. There's one for Uragaan in two weeks where you fight two of them, but that's it.

I'll get the thread updated in the next couple hours.

Coral is up and as I expected, only 4 monsters. I'm pretty sure now we'll get 2 more events with 4 monsters each for the 2 remaining areas. Fingers crossed everyone! :dance:

They decided to withheld Odoragon from this quest, which probably means they're keeping him for the next batch. The real question is how many weeks we will have to wait for it.

They decided to withheld Odoragon from this quest, which probably means they're keeping him for the next batch. The real question is how many weeks we will have to wait for it.

Yes, I'm expecting the next quest to be Odogaron, Rodobaan, Great Girros and Bazelgeuse as the boss this time.

Are next week events already posted somewhere or there's hope they just didn't annouce it yet, but it may come next week?

Yes, I'm expecting the next quest to be Odogaron, Rodobaan, Great Girros and Bazelgeuse as the boss this time.

Are next week events already posted somewhere or there's hope they just didn't annouce it yet, but it may come next week?

Link right at the top of the thread to Capcom's web page, they have a pdf on there that shows current week and next two. No Rotten Vale quest.

This is very helpful will remember to keep an eye out, I missed the first two quests for the first load of monsters.

Just done the Giant crown in "The Proving" quest. Still working through the story at the moment and in no rush. Hopefully they keep adding these events as I'm thoroughly enjoying this at my own pace.

I'm glad that they omitted Odogaron from the coral event cause he technically invades the area plus it gives hope that, one, there is a chance of a rotten vale area quest and two, that the number of monsters available for area quests are equal to the number of monsters that spawn there so we know what to expect now.

After farming Tempered Elders Dragons for over 40 hours without a single crown or piece I need to upgrade my weapon, going 8/8 on this event in about 5 hours was refreshing. It convinced me even more just to continue playing events while the droprates are so abysmal.

Looking at the event schedule it looks like we have to settle with urragan for next week only? Doesnt seem to be any other crown monsters involved. The quest being "hunt 2 urragans". Dont have any of that monsters crown yet so dont mind but i do hope they will continue with the larger hunting quests with more monsters later on.

As for this weeks quests ive got all the crowns yesterday so im good for the week. Was a bit more troublesome than last week though.