PSA: Zero-Effort Blue Ribbon Champ Glitch on PS4

swotam

Hey folks, I saw this tip posted in the Clash in the Clouds trophy guide posted on PSNP but thought I'd share it here since it worked for me during my playthrough of Bioshock: The Collection so odds are it will work for you as well.

When playing through the Bioshock Infinite DLC, you should complete all of the Clash in the Clouds trophies except Blue Ribbon Champ before you complete Burial at Sea (specifically Part 2). If you do this, the Blue Ribbon Champ trophy should unlock upon completion of Burial at Sea Part 2 during the credit sequence.

I finally completed the game and got 100% for all DLC last night, and the Blue Ribbon Champ trophy unlocked for me immediately after the final trophies for Burial at Sea Part 2, despite the fact that I only have a handful of blue ribbons earned in CiTC.

So, play Bioshock Infinite, play CiTC and get everything except Blue Ribbon Champ, then complete BaS Part 1 & 2 and you should get 100% by the time you are done without having to worry about earning blue ribbons, or deleting your profile file and repeating the easy ribbons over and over, etc.

I have no idea if this works on PS3 and have no way to check since my PS3 is long gone. I have no idea if you can replay BaS Part 2 to unlock this or not, so don't ask (or at least, don't ask me). I have no idea if this works if you don't have all the other CiTC trophies, etc.

All I know is that it works the way I described, and apparently it works this way pretty much every time according to the PSNP guide.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
As far as i can tell this no longer works. I did the steps as instructed (all offline) and nothing popped. I tried reloading the final chapter and playing through to the end just in case and still nothing.

AFAIK, the PS4 version of Infinite - hasn't received any patches so this exploit should still work :think:.

AFAIK, the PS4 version of Infinite - hasn't received any patches so this exploit should still work :think:.

I swear this had a patch before, but it must have been mistaken because in my current reality it’s 1.00. A mate of mine used this so it should work being no patch has released.

It may just be that there is some trigger for this that you're not guaranteed to trip. It's my last trophy for 100% now so i might just have a go at the other trick for unlocking it (that worked for me on PS3). I hope it does still work for others though because this can be a pain in the neck trophy.

It may just be that there is some trigger for this that you're not guaranteed to trip. It's my last trophy for 100% now so i might just have a go at the other trick for unlocking it (that worked for me on PS3). I hope it does still work for others though because this can be a pain in the neck trophy.

If this exploit doesn't work for you, then use the other one :): https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/clash-in-the-clouds/221237-easy-glitched-way-get-blue-ribbon-champ.html

i can confirm this DOES work. here is how i did it:

1. base game and episode 1 100%

2. did 9/10 trophies on clash

3. did episode 2 trophies to 100% and got the blue ribbon auto pop.

my final trophy was finding all audio diaries and voxophones in episode 2 because i missed one on the airship. went back and got it and the blue ribbon popped straight after ep 2 became 100%.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
i can confirm this DOES work. here is how i did it:

1. base game and episode 1 100%

2. did 9/10 trophies on clash

3. did episode 2 trophies to 100% and got the blue ribbon auto pop.

^Exactly the same here.

I was doing all trophies of BaS Episode2 in one playthrough, the Blue Ribbon trophy popped as the last, during the credits, right after the story-related ones & the one for 1998 mode. Playing on PS4, unpatched, as there never been any patches I guess (it states Ver.1.00).

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl

• 1 year later...

Will this exploit work in this order?

1. Platinuming the main game

2. Obtaining all trophies in CitC, except the Blue Ribbon trophy

3. Obtaining all trophies in BaS Episode 1 in a single playthrough

4. Obtaining all trophies in BaS Episode 2, except the 1998 Mode trophy

5. Obtaining 1998 Mode trophy in BaS Episode 2

Thanks. :)

• 1 month later...

I got this trophy in similar circumstances by accident.

What I did was complete the main game 100%.

Completed both episodes of Burial at Sea 100%.

Then went and got all the other trophies in Clash in the Clouds. The 2nd last trophy I needed was the Missile Defence System, and this one unlocked straight after.

Seems it unlocks if it's the final trophy you need.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I got this too by doing all trophies in main, then BAS1 then BAS2 then my last trophy here was sargent at arms then old one two. Blue ribbon unlocked straight away.

Clash in the Clouds kept crashing when I died at first at it was really frustrating in both downloaded and PSNow versions. Then I figured it only crashes when hammering X to respawn. So just cool it on the X button!

• 6 months later...
On 5/25/2022 at 2:06 AM, Martain2 said:

Yes, on both the PS3 and PS4 versions as well.

19 hours ago, Terminator said:

This exploit has never and will never be fixed :).

Yeah I didn't think it had, but I thought I would ask to be sure.

Also does it have to be done in the order of CitC. then both episodes of BaS? Because I could swear last time I did it, I got all the trophies in both BaS DLCs before doing Clash in the Clouds and it still popped Blue Ribbon Champ when I got the trophy for beating the last arena.

Edited by BlackMageMog

4 hours ago, BlackMageMog said:

Yeah I didn't think it had, but I thought I would ask to be sure.

Also does it have to be done in the order of CitC. then both episodes of BaS? Because I could swear last time I did it, I got all the trophies in both BaS DLCs before doing Clash in the Clouds and it still popped Blue Ribbon Champ when I got the trophy for beating the last arena.

I never used this specific exploit so can't really comment on how it's supposed to work.

• 2 months later...
On 8/23/2022 at 8:13 AM, mikey100 said:

i did most of the main then all CitC except ribbons, then all of BaS no trophy pop for me, i made sure i had all trophies 100% except ribbons then i did redo all 4 stages and even got like 32ish ribbons still nothing , i wonder if offline or online is related? cause ea servers but anyone figure it out

EA hasn't got anything to do with this game, plus the servers are purely for the leaderboards but there are no trophies attached to them. It doesn't matter if you play online or off, the exploit still works but if it hasn't, either you messed up somewhere or the glitch itself is glitchy.

On 8/25/2022 at 5:52 AM, Terminator said:

EA hasn't got anything to do with this game, plus the servers are purely for the leaderboards but there are no trophies attached to them. It doesn't matter if you play online or off, the exploit still works but if it hasn't, either you messed up somewhere or the glitch itself is glitchy.

I was sleepy I confused 2k with EA I was playing shit load of fifa 22 too.

If u played any game like watch dogs legion u would get the online offline thing they have separate collection lists for that game, it's ubisoft.

Either way I used the delete profile method thats worked just redid my same ones I had 34 before so I was good to go.