Miniature & Giant Gold Crown Location Thread

Lightsp33d1987

Lets start all helping each other here in this thread post which type of quest, monster, name of quest & mini or giant crown found, This thread is for GOLD crowns only not silver i will keep trying to come back often and edit this into a list just remember not every quest has a chance of a mini or giant crown but between us we can help the odds of finding one, Yes there is still going to be a ton of luck needed for these trophies but why not help each other where we can.

Try and give as much detail as possible like low or high rank name of quest how many times you killed until getting a crown etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to PeachyJacobs 100% drop of a mini crown and a gold giant crown for the great jagras -

Barroth Giant Gold Crown - Special Arena

Edited by Lightsp33d1987

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not useless there will be quests that have no chance of a giant and only a mini along with some quests will have a higher drop rate than others getting a list together is something worth doing.

Where are you getting this info from? Every place I've seen says it's completely RNG, and that's how it was in the previous games. Unless Capcom adds items or special events that make crowns easier to attain, I don't know what you could do to sway it.

There is Monster Hunter wiki pages for the older games which list best quests to farm for either small or big versions of monsters so I was thinking why not do the same, If it doesn’t work like that at all and you really can find a mini or giant on any quest fair enough but no need to be a cunt about it was only trying to be helpful on here.

There is Monster Hunter wiki pages for the older games which list best quests to farm for either small or big versions of monsters so I was thinking why not do the same, If it doesn’t work like that at all and you really can find a mini or giant on any quest fair enough but no need to be a cunt about it was only trying to be helpful on here.

Those are based on efficiency, its always gona be better to farm on quests/activities that you can do quickly for maximum efficiency. Drop rate is the same tough.

Edited by Bahamut

There is, honestly, a bunch I'd like to know about the crown hunting, but if random is random, then there are no best quests for hunting, like the OP was looking for. Efficiency, as mentioned, is something that might be worthwhile. Special Arenas are probably the quickest option. Does High Rank vs Low Rank effect the chances? If not, probably makes more sense to get good HR gear and then farm LR for crowns. Expeditions vs Investigations vs Optional Quests? Maybe just respond to SOS after the rewards are gone so you know the group is closer to the kill (hopefully). Assuming you're not chasing any gear or drops and are solely crown focused, there are a lot of thoughts that can go into this grind... and we'll have hundreds of hours each to figure it out.

From the sound of it a few people have had luck getting them in Special Arena quests or whatever, but then again that could just be a coincidence. It also seems like you have to capture the monster again if you want to repeat the quest.

Barroths, for whatever reason, seem like the most common Gold Crown so far.

This is all speculation on my part, but I think you can't get crowns on assignments. Monsters on those quests are always a fixed size. Can anyone prove me wrong here? I see some people getting them into HR Arena, so that's a good inicial bet to try getting some crowns.

I would say Investigations are the way to go, if arena is good too, you can alternate capturing in an investigation then doing the arena. One question remains though, there are easy investigations, where you can faint 3 times and harder ones where you can't faint at all. Does that matter anything?

If not I would avoid the harder ones at all times because the grind for crowns is so huge that you DO NOT need the extra rewards for the higher risk of failing.

There is, honestly, a bunch I'd like to know about the crown hunting, but if random is random, then there are no best quests for hunting, like the OP was looking for. Efficiency, as mentioned, is something that might be worthwhile. Special Arenas are probably the quickest option. Does High Rank vs Low Rank effect the chances? If not, probably makes more sense to get good HR gear and then farm LR for crowns. Expeditions vs Investigations vs Optional Quests? Maybe just respond to SOS after the rewards are gone so you know the group is closer to the kill (hopefully). Assuming you're not chasing any gear or drops and are solely crown focused, there are a lot of thoughts that can go into this grind... and we'll have hundreds of hours each to figure it out.

This is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say. Even if it is 100% random (which I would say we DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE now, everyone is just speculating), there are still plenty of ways to minimize your effort and make a 1000 hours grind into a 700 hours for example.

Edited by Siegfried

This is all speculation on my part, but I think you can't get crowns on assignments. Monsters on those quests are always a fixed size. Can anyone prove me wrong here?

I can back that up. I've done Assignments, and then helped friends through the same ones. Had 3-4 kills on those monsters but had the same size listed as smallest and largest.

I get what he's trying to do however why not put how many times you had to beat him to get the gold crown than others kind of have an idea then they can try it and report back. I followed a youtuber for some random animal trophies and the amount of time he said it took him it also took me the same time to get as well, exact.

I can back that up. I've done Assignments, and then helped friends through the same ones. Had 3-4 kills on those monsters but had the same size listed as smallest and largest.

Exactly my experience. I farmed some monsters a little bit from assignments and the size never changed for me too. Only when I did optional / investigation/ arena I got different sizes.

Something else I keep on noticing, but might be my impression or just coincidence. Whenever I play easy investigations (the one's you can faint 5 times) I get new records on the small side. Whenever I play hard investigations (the one's you can't faint at all) I get new records on the big side. That would make a lot of sense in the game and could be the way to farm those crowns. Would be nice if someone else tried the same and reported his findings.

Edited by Siegfried

I was farming Vaal Hazak for his armor set, plus his gems for other stuff. Took me around 19 runs but I ended up getting his mini and large gold crown. Funny enough I've done more Nergigante runs and still don't have either crowns. Go figure.

DVVqlYuU0AAhWgB.jpg:large

Nice is that just optional quest or investigations fighting him?