I need help! I got stuck on the make a birthday cake bit and read a post from 2015 here saying there was a bug and the characters had vanished. I took the posts advice and backed up my save game the re installed the game. However when I play the disc it now just says new game, there is no continue. Is there anyway to get back to my old save game?

Thanks

I don't normally have the PS4 connected to the internet (not unlimited internet) so I played the game problem free. When I connected to the internet it did a system update and an update on the game (is that a patch!?). It was after that the characters vanished.

However I don't even know how to load in the save game to test it? Its showing as a save game in my save games list.

It sounds like the patch has completely messed up your game, thus your only option is to start over :(. If you want to see if the save will load without the patch, look in the Game Data folder and delete the file you see for this game. Now go into the Network utility and untick the "Connect to the Internet" box so the game doesn't try to re-patch itself when you boot it up. If the save loads when you boot up the game, then great but if it doesn't then that means it has been corrupted and is beyond repair :(.