Retroactive Cross Buy?

Playzocker

I would be careful if you're going to buy this for the NA version. For some reason the vita is on sale at $2.54 while the PS4 version is $2.99. It should still be crossbuy regardless of the version you get. Only the PS4 version currently says you'll get the Vita and PS4. The Vita text is outdated.

The sale ends on January 3rd, 2018 for the NA version of vita if you want to get it at $2.54.

I would be careful if you're going to buy this for the NA version. For some reason the vita is on sale at $2.54 while the PS4 version is $2.99. It should still be crossbuy regardless of the version you get. Only the PS4 version currently says you'll get the Vita and PS4. The Vita text is outdated.

The sale ends on January 3rd, 2018 for the NA version of vita if you want to get it at $2.54.

I just noticed that as well, so I'm wondering which one is accurate. If the Vita is cross buy as well, then it's a no brainer on which to buy since it's cheaper but it doesn't mention the cross buy at all:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0891-PCSE01169_00-RATAG036FRAGMENT

Otherwise it'd be better to pay the extra 0.45 for the extra trophy list.

So I decided to take a chance on the Vita version that's on sale for $2.54, I can confirm that it does in fact include the PS4 version as well.

However, this isn't one that's going to appear if you're accessing the PS Store site as it'll show you a paid and Free version that isn't selectable.

However, if you log into your PS4 library you'll notice that it'll now be a downloadable game.

I hope this helps for anyone who was wondering.

It's on the store now (at least on the Belgian store), but it is not free for me at this moment. The old Vita version is also still on the store (which I own, but didn't play yet).

Not sure if this is going to change or not, but I did see one or 2 instances a few weeks ago (can't remember which games) in which I own a version, but although it is Crossbuy now, I don't own the "new" crossbuy version for some strange reason (and for those the Vita version is gone from the store, so I even lost my ability to download my game).

Hopefully this won't be the case with this one.

It's on the store now (at least on the Belgian store), but it is not free for me at this moment. The old Vita version is also still on the store (which I own, but didn't play yet).

Not sure if this is going to change or not, but I did see one or 2 instances a few weeks ago (can't remember which games) in which I own a version, but although it is Crossbuy now, I don't own the "new" crossbuy version for some strange reason (and for those the Vita version is gone from the store, so I even lost my ability to download my game).

Hopefully this won't be the case with this one.

Which game was that that you lost access to? As that's not something that should happen.

I assume for this game it's the same issue they Publisher had with Squareboy vs Bullies on the NA store last month where it didn't get put up properly as cross-buy. Will take them a bit to get it fixed.

Which game was that that you lost access to? As that's not something that should happen.

I assume for this game it's the same issue they Publisher had with Squareboy vs Bullies on the NA store last month where it didn't get put up properly as cross-buy. Will take them a bit to get it fixed.

I am not sure any more about the other one, but if I remember correctly it was Vice City Stories (not sure if it is PSP or PS Vita) which is now only available in a collection (so not completely the same thing I guess). But I can't find it on the store anyway. I also bought China Town Wars that day and that one is still available to download separately (although it is in the same collection as well).

edit:

Ok, I just saw that I also own liberty city stories separately. So I should have access to that collection, which I don't. Maybe it has something to do with Vice City stories not being on the store so it doesn't recognize I have every part of that collection or something, I don't know. It is not something terribly important imo, but it shouldn't be the case (or because I got Liberty City Stories from buying a Vita which had a code for 10 games and LCS was one of them if I remember correctly, the other 2 I have bought (in 2016 apparently as I found the email), but I do still have access to LCS).

Edited by Mette

I am not sure any more about the other one, but if I remember correctly it was Vice City Stories (not sure if it is PSP or PS Vita) which is now only available in a collection (so not completely the same thing I guess). But I can't find it on the store anyway. I also bought China Town Wars that day and that one is still available to download separately (although it is in the same collection as well).

edit:

Ok, I just saw that I also own liberty city stories separately. So I should have access to that collection, which I don't. Maybe it has something to do with Vice City stories not being on the store so it doesn't recognize I have every part of that collection or something, I don't know. It is not something terribly important imo, but it shouldn't be the case (or because I got Liberty City Stories from buying a Vita which had a code for 10 games and LCS was one of them if I remember correctly, the other 2 I have bought (in 2016 apparently as I found the email), but I do still have access to LCS).

If you look in your download list on the PS3 it should still be there. The game might have been removed from the store at one point for licensing issues or something like that, then they didn't put it back up properly.

If you look in your download list on the PS3 it should still be there. The game might have been removed from the store at one point for licensing issues or something like that, then they didn't put it back up properly.

I don't have access to a PS3 anymore as I gave mine away to my sister when I bought my PS4 at launch. I can try to find it in the idiotically long and more or less unusable downloadlist on Vita. But thanks for the info. It is worth a shot.

Still strange that I don't have access to that collection (or the 36 fragments of midnight crossbuy, but it happens a lot on the EU store that the store isn't stable just after they added their stuff, so it's possible that will change sometime tomorrow).

It seems they have to add/change a lot of things by hand or something.

edit:

Something wonky is going on again. When I log in, all the latest updates remove themself from the store (I checked it before I went to sleep and it worked fine), but now it shows in browsers where I am not logged in (including 36 Fragments), but if I log in, I can see those new additions for a second and then they go away (including when I search for 36 Fragments, it only shows the plain Vita version which I bought).

Since they changed the store login system around black friday, the store is a mess. I am sure it will be fixed, but this is somewhat embarrassing for a huge company like Sony imo.

Edited by Mette

• 2 months later...

It is cross-buy so this is very useful information. Thank you.