• 21-25 Hours
    • 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

http://i.imgur.com/9uNRreI.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards 100%.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving 100%.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Voted 51-75 hours, but I'm sure when the guides come the times will be reduced drastically.

I suggest an 8 member family from the very beginning, that way the grinding times are cut greatly for all the skills&jobs based trophies.

The trophy of the triplets can be a tough cookie though and each pregnancy takes ~40mins of real time with the game accelerated.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pardon my French, but fuck Triple Play and fuck this platinum. I let the game play itself for about two weeks, popping out about 10 babies a day, and never had triplets. I finally got it (on my first try) by using the advice from yewjhin on page 3 of this topic: LINK. Don't even bother doing it any other way.

I'm going with 75-100 hours, assuming you have average luck with Triple Play.

Hard to vote, probably around 70-80 hours but I played it mostly for fun and did not use the faster way to complete all the careers etc. I've played with only 2 sims and then 3 for the last careers, I don't recommend playing with more sims as the game tends to crash and runs slowly when you have a bigger house/family.

Triple play only took me a couple of hours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Why do the people who post these road maps always put an unrealistic short time for "Approximate amount of time to platinum". It is the same in almost every guide. I mean 26 to 30 for this game is a joke. In voting guidelines it says - Do not vote based on "fastest possible run" - . well how about the same rule being applied to the people posting the guidelines, just asking you to be realistic in saying how long it would take the average player to plat the game instead of trying to make yourselves look like game gods with the times you post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I went with 51+ hours, but am seeing a lot of comments regarding using the gallery to complete this is about 5 hours. Maybe the trophy guide should be updated because I've seen absolutely nothing regarding gallery families for popping trophies quicker. This game became a real chore so I'm pretty gutted that I could have cut most of the grinding out.

• 1 year later...