This game is horrible

Seriously, it's trash.

It's a shame though because the world is fine, Daxter is hilarious, story is ok. But controls are ruining the game. It's easily in the top 5 games with crappiest controls ever.

Character doesn't respond properly, camera is always stuck somewhere, you can never move it when you need to and when you can, it only moves left-right, not up-down. Ok you still have the first person view but that is the end of the world. Not only it's not as good as a proper control over the camera but in this mode all controls with the right stick is reversed. You can also use left stick but this one is half-reversed. These reversed and half-reversed controls are completely messing with my mind so I never use that first person shitty view.

I'm not far into the game (20%) and it appears that I was lucky to not encounter any glitch so far (because I read that on top of that the game is uber glitched), but I'm still raging about the controls every couple of minutes.

I can't wait to get the platinum, delete this game from my hdd and forget that it ever existed.

Thank god it was free.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the controls and camera aren't the greatest. I usually play with an inverted vertical camera but there should be an option to switch it. Also, Jak runs and swims about as fast as the average 70-year-old, the double jump doesn't feel natural since you can't do the second jump at any point while you're in the air and the camera goes all sorts of crazy at the wrong times. I also miss modern conveniences like a fucking map and my current story goals in case I forget what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. I didn't play this one back in the day and I'll be glad to be done with it now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I made a lot of allowances whilst playing this game considering how old it is now. The wooden controls, janky collision and clunky camera have all the hall marks of an old PS2 title. It was innovative at the time, but we forget how good we've got it now! This isn't a bad game, it's just an old one.

I played on the PS3 and didn't have any issues/glitches on top of what I listed above.

I came back to a save file from years ago this weekend and had literally no idea what my mission was or how to get anywhere so it took a while to get my bearings.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...