Mahjong ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap

staytrue1985

nvch2QS.jpg

Trophy Guide and Roadmap by staytrue1985

Not a registered member? Got any questions, suggestions, or concerns about the guide? Then why not join the forums today!

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 2/10 (Estimated Difficulty)
  • Offline trophies: 10 (10 (S))
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 5-8 hours (Estimated Time)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1
  • Number of missable trophies: 0
  • Glitched trophies: 0
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: N/A
  • Do trophies stack?: N/A
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: N/A
  • Additional peripherals required?: N/A

INTRODUCTION

Mahjong for PS4 is simply a PlayStation version of the game of Mahjong Solitaire. You have a pile of tiles and you need to pair them up to remove them. Once you have removed all tiles from the board you have completed the game. If you want full details on the game of Mahjong Solitaire there is a good page HERE.

In my experience I have found that clearing as many of the upper tiles first is the best strategy, revealing what is below as soon as possible so you can plan your game and avoid reaching an unclearable board. Whilst playing I found I would fail around 1 every 7 or 8 games by getting stuck, but as each board can be done in around 5 minutes then it is no big deal to start again.

WALKTHROUGH

Only one step required here for the walkthrough. Just complete all 70 levels. You can only do them in order, so don’t worry about keeping track or missing one. Once you have done one level then you can move on to the next level. With an estimated time of 5 minutes per board it should take around 6 hours to clear all 70 levels.

(S) CLEAR 1 LEVEL

(S) CLEAR 5 LEVELS

(S) CLEAR 10 LEVELS

(S) CLEAR 15 LEVELS

(S) CLEAR 20 LEVELS

(S) CLEAR 30 LEVELS

(S) CLEAR 40 LEVELS

(S) CLEAR 50 LEVELS

(S) CLEAR 60 LEVELS

(S) CLEAR 70 LEVELS

Edited by staytrue1985
Editorial sweep

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

You can press triangle during levels for a hint. This will show you an available move, and you can do this 3 times during a level. If the level hasn’t told you game over then there is a move available, so keep looking! There is a points scoring system on this game that means nothing at all to the trophies. The score will reset to zero if you use a hint, but this still has no bearing on any of the trophies, so just ignore it.

Below is an example video from the game. The placement of tiles on the boards generate randomly so you can’t just follow a guide (not that you would need to as the game is so easy). This is here just as an example of how the game is. There is also an instructions page on the game which also gives information on how to play. Below is screenshots of the instructions on how to play.

[ame]

[/ame]

Lm3Cdj8.jpg

05a.jpg CLEAR 1 LEVEL (S)

CLEAR 1 LEVEL

Awarded for beating level 1. This level looks like a top down pyramid formation.

You can press :triangle: during levels for a hint. This will show you an available move, and you can do this 3 times during a level. If the level hasn’t told you game over then there is a move available, so keep looking! There is a points scoring system on this game that means nothing at all to the trophies. The score will reset to zero if you use a hint, but this still has no bearing on any of the trophies, so just ignore it.

846.jpg CLEAR 5 LEVELS (S)

CLEAR 5 LEVELS

Awarded for beating level 5. This level looks like a chalice.

228.jpg CLEAR 10 LEVELS (S)

CLEAR 10 LEVELS

Awarded for beating level 10. This level looks like a letter H.

c09.jpg CLEAR 15 LEVELS (S)

CLEAR 15 LEVELS

Awarded for beating level 15. This level looks like a skull and crossbones.

fdd.jpg CLEAR 20 LEVELS (S)

CLEAR 20 LEVELS

Awarded for beating level 20. This level looks like a bug.

2c3.jpg CLEAR 30 LEVELS (S)

CLEAR 30 LEVELS

Awarded for beating level 30. This level looks like a dog.

659.jpg CLEAR 40 LEVELS (S)

CLEAR 40 LEVELS

Awarded for beating level 40. This level looks like an eye.

02b.jpg CLEAR 50 LEVELS (S)

CLEAR 50 LEVELS

Awarded for beating level 50. This level looks like a close up of a man flexing.

0cd.jpg CLEAR 60 LEVELS (S)

CLEAR 60 LEVELS

Awarded for beating level 60. This level looks like 2 half circles with a swirl inside.

263.jpg CLEAR 70 LEVELS (S)

CLEAR 70 LEVELS

Awarded for beating level 70. This level looks like 2 half moons with a dot in the middle.

Edited by themindisacity
Editorial sweep

• 1 month later...

The only thing I can suggest is to always work from the highest possible point. Try and clear the tiles on top of others first. Also, there is generally 2 pairs of everything, so if you can clear both pairs in quick succession you know you don't have to worry about that symbol anymore.

Because the boards are randomly generated there is no sure fire way to beat every level.

Have you got any tips on how to avoid a stalemate :think:? I ask because the RNG is kicking my ass and most games end with me not being able to make any more moves :(.

Actually, I have. It seems the game places tiles like a human in real life would do, placing each group of four tiles one after another, until the final form of the tower is finished. In reverse, when trying to solve the tower, I noticed that there was always a foursome of tiles to remove. Whenever I found a foursome that's blocked by another tile, I tried to find all of those. Repeat if needed.

Eventually, I'd either have it solved or am stuck with three matches, leaving the fourth beneath one of the others. I tried to apply logic to solve it, but frankly, sometimes it's down to luck if there are multiple possibilities. In this case, hope for the best.

Further, I think this doesn't apply for the final levels, I had the impression the game wasn't placing tiles as one group of four anymore, but of two interleaved groups of four...

Edited by dcdfan

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
As i stated in the other thread, changing the board to animals made the game an absolute cakewalk, was struggling to spot matches on the default board and did it almost effortlessly on the aforementioned board.

Actually, I have. It seems the game places tiles like a human in real life would do, placing each group of four tiles one after another, until the final form of the tower is finished. In reverse, when trying to solve the tower, I noticed that there was always a foursome of tiles to remove. Whenever I found a foursome that's blocked by another tile, I tried to find all of those. Repeat if needed.

Eventually, I'd either have it solved or am stuck with three matches, leaving the fourth beneath one of the others. I tried to apply logic to solve it, but frankly, sometimes it's down to luck if there are multiple possibilities. In this case, hope for the best.

Further, I think this doesn't apply for the final levels, I had the impression the game wasn't placing tiles as one group of four anymore, but of two interleaved groups of four...

Thank you for the Guide, it came in handy :). One tip I can give that will make things less tedious, is to turn the music off so you can focus on the game and not be interrupted :).

The only thing I can suggest is to always work from the highest possible point. Try and clear the tiles on top of others first. Also, there is generally 2 pairs of everything, so if you can clear both pairs in quick succession you know you don't have to worry about that symbol anymore.

Because the boards are randomly generated there is no sure fire way to beat every level.

Can you use a mouse or the ps4 touchpad for this?

Using the controller sucks and the highlighted tile never jumps to where i think it's going to go after making a match or moving around the board.

I own on this type of game on the PC, but using the controller is horrible.

Edited by dh4645