Xander45

Rate the Platinum Difficulty  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Platinum Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

qh2g7UB.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Gave it a 3.

There are some difficulty spikes, but as is the case with most RPG's, you can grind out levels and resources to power up and get past them without too much hassle.

Just what I wanted to hear... was gonna get this on the current January PSN sale for £15.99 (I think) but decided to go for the physical copy for just £19.99 at Game... I am a MASSIVE Joe Maduriera fan and I collected the mini-series comic books (US version first prints!)... so yeah this is one game I will not miss!

• 2 months later...
Gave it a 3.

There are some difficulty spikes, but as is the case with most RPG's, you can grind out levels and resources to power up and get past them without too much hassle.

+1

though I gave it a 4, because levels don't matter as much when you have the same low level weapon or armor for a big chunk of the game because the game won't give you a better one :)

or even worse, giving you a better weapon/armor for none of you active party, and instead to one of the other characters :mad::mad:

Utter garbage of a system, I almost had my party as Calibertto, Gully and Red Monika and kept getting better weapons/armors for especially Knolan and Garrison throughout the whole game :confused:

I had level 1 weapon for the first 2 dungeons for Calibertto!

Gully had level 17 armor for the last 2 or 3 dungeons on NG+ and not getting

a lot of ingredients to craft, and so on.

They have really stupid spikes with mobs that can do 6 - 8k damage, while some of the bosses are a complete joke! I defeated the Foreseer without it hitting me once on NG+ (I did stun him with Red Monica once but still). Really don't get the game's difficulty, I had trouble with the final boss both times but ended up defeating it first try twice, while the mobs REALLY gave me trouble especially in first playthrough. What made the NG+ easier was having the perks, abilities and the lvl3 bursts unlocked from beginning.

Calibertto, Gully and Red Monika kept me from losing my mind to this game, gets repetitive real fast and on top of that, you have to do it twice, utterly boring and useless.

Calibertto has the Shot cannon which is really good, Red Monika had ambush which does crazy damage especially if you're stealthed + you can unlock a perk that makes you start the fight stealthed, and she also had a shot that does good damage and stuns the enemy, and Gully's level 3 Burst makes all the difference, not kidding. I just killed the final boss on NG+, it killed Calibertto with one hit (which was bullshit and I don't think she had Doom on him) but it actually ended up filling my burst meter to level 3, and because I had a perk on Gully that makes her do 50% more damage when a teammate falls, she did about 20k damage on level 3 burst and with only 200 health left, Red Monika easily finished the job :D

Btw, before facing the final boss, visit all the shrines on the map and get the bonuses, they really help.

All in all, really disappointed with this game, was excited for it and it ended up being a borefest.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A six for me. New game plus is hard. I'm giving this a six because I believe if a game causes you any stress not just because its difficult but the tedious grind you have to do which can cause stress just as if the game is really hard, yes both result in different stress experiences but stress is still stress. This game caused me stress, but I fucking enjoyed the game. All I can say is good luck on final boss, that bitch caused me the most stress.

If you are a fan of turn base this game is a MUST.

• 5 months later...

4/10, at most. Nothing was particularly difficult using a party of Garrison, Gully, and Alumon.

Basically every battle plays out identically: taunt and shield with Gully, Alumon heals and removes debuffs (along with inflicting a bit of damage occasionally), Garrison effortlessly annihilates groups with Rage Wave, or singular enemies/bosses with Warblade. Try not to use Warblade until you've accumulated at least 40 overdrive for extra damage; I used Sting with the various bleed perks for this purpose. Believe I had over 200 points pumped into the three character's perk charts, which is an easy enough amount to reach with the copious skill books available.

I highly recommend playing NG+ dungeons on Mythical difficulty all the way through, since it's totally worthwhile for the fast leveling and high quality gear you'll find. This may sound intimidating, but only the first dungeon even feels noticeably challenging⁠—you quickly gain levels, upgrade your equipment, and the game kinda becomes a breeze for the remainder. Make sure to stun enemies with Garrison or Gully's dungeon skill attacks (R2 or square) before engaging them, and it's actually no big deal. Grabbing the Fishmonger's weapon for Garrison immediately after Path of Fangs helps quite a bit, too. I didn't bother crafting any ultimate weapons during the second playthrough.

Before fighting the end boss, fast travel around the overworld to drink from as many shrines as possible (their effects stack), and consume the food item which heals your party every turn. They only manged to knock out Garrison a couple of times, before he ultimately sliced and diced them to death with a level 3 burst.

The bestiary was slightly annoying to fill out, though. Personally, I had trouble locating Quess'vala and Firebone Arbalists, but the notorious Mana Devourers were pretty common in my game.

• Thanks 1