Platinum Glitch Warning

In the Uncrossable Jungle, do not do the Tornado Build to Create Radio Beacon if you do not have Lightning Shinjitzu ability to get a gold brick after. If you leave this area after building, the gold brick is locked out. Hoping for a patch, but I think this is a new game start to get the Gold 100% and Platinum. Anyone have a fix on this I haven't thought of?

I keep reading about people encountering the same problem. Unfortunately it looks like the only way to avoid it is either to be careful or to restart the game and as it is a LEGO title and that it's not LEGO Worlds (which seems the only one to be patched regularly) I wouldn't expect any patch in the future.

I've recently started it, I hope I won't have any issue to plat it. I've read about some trophies not unlocking either. :(

Found another one. I started over, and tried to be picky on what I did. Did the stories all through before free roams. Then I did the 8 dojos to Gold. This may have been the issue. On Ninjago City North, when you need to open the dojo with gold bricks, the fight never happens. This causes you not to be able to unlock Cole (high school).

Sorry to hear that. So far everything is going pretty well for me as I've been careful of the reported problems. I back up my save often too. Touching wood here.

I'm at 75% trophy wise and something around 85% of completition in game I believe. I only need to grab the rest of the collectables.

I just had a look at the cheat codes out of curiosity and there seems to be one to unlock that character you're missing. Maybe you can try it before restarting. The cheat code is SMMNCC apparently. Fingers crossed it will unlock him and that you don't have to restart. Good luck! ;)

You're welcome. I'm glad it worked. Hopefully you won't have to restart later.

Also - to everyone - before collecting your last characters back up your save just in case. Several persons reported that their trophy for collecting all characters didn't unlock when they met the requirements.

EDIT: Just (P)'ed the game. No problem here. Good luck to you all!

Edited by Alex Fly

This one shouldn't take too long to complete (hopefully both of you won't have any issue getting to the plat' like me) as it seems to be by far the shortest LEGO game to complete (shortest but really enjoyable).

Just a tip: be sure to check the warnings to prevent some of the glitches on the previous page. I've never been so nervous to complete a LEGO game after reading about all the glitches (no kidding).

(Currently I'm also looking forward to Assassin's Creed Origins. ;))

Good luck to you guys!

• 5 weeks later...
In the Uncrossable Jungle, do not do the Tornado Build to Create Radio Beacon if you do not have Lightning Shinjitzu ability to get a gold brick after. If you leave this area after building, the gold brick is locked out. Hoping for a patch, but I think this is a new game start to get the Gold 100% and Platinum. Anyone have a fix on this I haven't thought of?

I can confirm that Patch 1.02 fixes this bug. I just managed to get the gold brick after having it locked for ages.

You're welcome. I'm glad it worked. Hopefully you won't have to restart later.

Also - to everyone - before collecting your last characters back up your save just in case. Several persons reported that their trophy for collecting all characters didn't unlock when they met the requirements.

EDIT: Just (P)'ed the game. No problem here. Good luck to you all!

This gives me hope. I haven't played it yet and hate game breaking glitches.

• 2 months later...

Anyone have an issue on the unclimbable mountain? I have 7/7 on the battlefield and only 16/17 on the icy mountain part. The gold brick detector is indicating the brick is waaaay down below even the lowest part of the level. I checked several guides and was convinced I'd done everything, I even replayed the level to make sure it gave me the free 1st one. I've retried the gongs and the balloons to make sure with those, the races are ticked off... pulling my hair out now, spent 5 hours redoing everything, I think it's glitched. But incase not... don't suppose anyone knows which brick I'm supposed to be missing here, do they?

Please! :)

• 4 months later...

My god this game is the worst.

I've been playing Lego games for 10 years. I've heard of all the glitches, backed up saves religiously and thankfully never encountered a game/trophy-breaking bug... until now.

I had a glitched Ninjanuity token, which thankfully I was backing up every level so I only had to redo the 1 level. But in doing collectables, some stuff like quests and races glitch out and the only way to fix that is to reload the area. THE LOAD TIMES ARE EXTREMELY LONG. I've had to reload The Dark Ravine 6 times because stuff keeps breaking.

Dear lord. Can't wait to be done with this.

• 3 months later...

I found another glitch, with a dojo. The Scorched Tomb. I completed the dojo with no problems, but after the "You Win" cutscene, the game went straight to the world map and starting loading Ninjago City Downtown, giving me no rewards. But when I check the dojo on the world map afterward, it said I had the 3 character tokens, but no gold brick (the trophy also didn't unlock for beating it, by the way). So I had to redo the dojo, and get the high score again (it was acting like I didn't finish it, since it told me to do it with Lloyd and his mom again), which did let me get the gold brick and the trophy. Also, despite the glitching of the character tokens not doing the scenes of unlocking at the end (since the game skipped it entirely the first time, and then prompted not to do it the second, since it said I had them collected already), it does seem like I have those characters unlocked still in the character selection.

So just a fair warning to people playing. I imagine all of the dojos could possibly glitch like this, so just be warned.