Just need to rant...

KNFF

So one of the free games this month is handball 16 (PS3)

I was expecting something fifa-esque, instead I was confronted with a half-assed mix between football and basketball. Don't get me wrong I hear good things about the sport in real life but the game gives it no justice.

You load up the game and you're confronted with career, seasons and local play. That's it. No online does mean the platinum is easy to obtain but it gets boring real quick.

To start off, the rules of the game are barely explained, leaving me to pick it up as I go along while losing games 10-0. There's only a handful of teams, the game play is clunky and players don't move around smoothly and defending is a total nightmare. You try to block a shot and 9 times out of 10 it does nothing, resulting in a goal.

There's like 10 or so challenges to complete, some skills to level up which actually feel like they do nothing once you upgrade, character customisation is very basic and to top it off the visuals resemble that of a ps2 game.

Now I don't know if this was made by independent developers or not if it was I can understand why it's not AAA material.

All in all, the game will give you a little bit of fun but I don't see it being something you could sit hours on for. If you haven't already downloaded it, go for it, see if you like it. As I said the platinum is easy enough to obtain.

I'm just disappointed. The part that makes me angry the most is this game was around £50 on release. I feel sorry for anyone that paid that for it.

• 2 weeks later...