Reading - christhedog3

Sheffield Wednesday - Hirilorn, _MK_

Southend United FC - Resolute

Sunderland - JonathanCarling

Walsall FC - morg106

Have at it :francis:

Edited by Xander45

Walsall FC checking in!

I suppose I best set up camp here then, gonna be a loooong time before Rovers get anywhere near the Premier League.

One of the away matches I actually want to go to is Blackburn, but it falls on my daughter's birthday... no chance I'm getting there for that! I was there the last time we played at Ewood Park (as you kindly found me the video for)!

Deadly serious. The amount of tears Staytrue has shed on Whatsapp over the last year because there's too much Man Utd talk and not enough Shrewsbury Town transfer speculation could fill a bathtub.

If you've come to talk Southport, then welcome! Not Football League but I'm sure non-league stuff will be welcome too. If we want to talk about Shrewsbury's transfers this is the place to do so.

Blackburn buying Leutwiler from Shrewsbury to stick him on our bench was an interesting one, but he was going to face competition for the number one shirt there anyway.

One of the away matches I actually want to go to is Blackburn, but it falls on my daughter's birthday... no chance I'm getting there for that! I was there the last time we played at Ewood Park (as you kindly found me the video for)!

My second child is due a few days after the Walsall game at Ewood, so that looks quite likely to be the first home game I miss in ten and a half years! Might be able to make it to the Bescott at the back end of Feb though.

Deadly serious. The amount of tears Staytrue has shed on Whatsapp over the last year because there's too much Man Utd talk and not enough Shrewsbury Town transfer speculation could fill a bathtub.

I think it would have been easier just to create a 'manchester united' thread and have you lot all piss off there :p

Obligatory screenshot of the table while we're in the promotion places before we tumble down the table :p

http://i.imgur.com/HZNnGUR.png

I think it would have been easier just to create a 'manchester united' thread and have you lot all piss off there :p

Obligatory screenshot of the table while we're in the promotion places before we tumble down the table :p

http://i.imgur.com/HZNnGUR.png

Thought you'd struggle this season tbh but Holloway seems to have done well in the transfer market. Baptiste was quality for us last season until his injury.

Nice to at least see this have a go. :applause:

Disappointed our match with Grimsby was abandoned. I always thought we should start the game from 19 minutes 1-0 up. But oh well, no goal for Keogh. :(

I hope we can get a winger in before the window shuts. Our signings have been great so far but we still need more attacking options. Showed promise against Sunderland, which wasn't bad for a first game.

Disappointed our match with Grimsby was abandoned.

I walked home from work in that weather wearing a T-shirt and walked right past the ground. Couldn't believe they called it off :confused:

I am a double-hard bastard though :cool:

Why is the league cup second round now seeded AND regionalised:confused:

Some teams in the lower leagues are too skint to put petrol into their team bus, so the draw is fixed to make sure they can make it to the games. Might still have to coast a little bit towards the end though :)

Why is the league cup second round now seeded AND regionalised:confused:

Was hoping for a trip to a ground that I hadn't been to that is within a few hours of me.

+1 for Sheffield Wednesday.

How do you 2 fancy your chances again this year? Top 6 again?

Great performance from Honeyman for Sunderland last night, and a very tidy finish for his goal as well. QPR vs Brentford and Blackburn vs Burnley in round 2. Definitely not happy about drawing Burnley. They are 2 divisions above us for a reason!

Nice idea splitting this off from the other thread, but maybe should have done it another way.

i.e. the Football thread for general Football chat & an EPL (read as elitist) thread as the new 2nd thread, cause if you mention anything non EPL in there you're either berated, ignored or the comments just become lost in the tit for tat fighting.

Where should chat about Scottish or any other nations league go? This way just seems like we've got the same old EPL elitist thread & now a specific English football league thread to go along with it.

cbchaos67 - Celtic

Hail Hail! COYBIG

My second child is due a few days after the Walsall game at Ewood, so that looks quite likely to be the first home game I miss in ten and a half years! Might be able to make it to the Bescott at the back end of Feb though.

Well that is a shame, you're going to miss out on your team handing out a right thrashing there.

Nice idea splitting this off from the other thread, but maybe should have done it another way.

i.e. the Football thread for general Football chat & an EPL (read as elitist) thread as the new 2nd thread, cause if you mention anything non EPL in there you're either berated, ignored or the comments just become lost in the tit for tat fighting.

Where should chat about Scottish or any other nations league go? This way just seems like we've got the same old EPL elitist thread & now a specific English football league thread to go along with it.

cbchaos67 - Celtic

Hail Hail! COYBIG

Welcome dude. As Xander said we can have this renamed if need be, so this could easily become the Football League and SPFL thread. I'm sure there are others who have an eye on Scottish football, not just the Rangers/Celtic/Hibs fans we know of.

Big test for Hibs tomorrow away at Rangers. Will be a good test for them to see how far they've come and what level they need to reach.

Well that is a shame, you're going to miss out on your team handing out a right thrashing there.

Hopefully, although I'm not sure it'd be worth facing the wrath of my wife if I did go!

Edited by staytrue1985

Nice to see an alternate thread. Good work.

Most know im Utd, however I follow PNE pretty closely as my brother is a season ticket holder, from Preston aswell and I had trials there many moons ago so interest is always there.

Anyway, win last wkend, defeat vs Accy Stan tother neet.... big game tomoz vs Leeds.

Not sure how they'll fair but both 100% records, I fancy it. :rofl:

Ashbo - PNE

cbchaos67 - Celtic

Hail Hail! COYBIG

Hey Cb, I'll post here what I posted in the other thread,

So what we're gonna do is try a separate thread for Football League chat. I know SPL chat can also get lost in the shuffle here, so if scottish fans would like then that can be your place to chat too! Of course anyone is welcome to pop in to either thread, but try to keep chat relevant to those specific leagues. In general we're talking Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga stuff in here, and Championship, League One, League Two (and maybe SPL) in there. We hope both threads can live together in perfect harmony

I'm open to renaming the two threads to make things a bit clearer, but wasn't sure on what to call them!