Thoughts on generator room relic run

Alkav

So I've been going through the speed/relic runs on the first game and have been doing 1 or 2 at a time depending on how difficult I find the level.

And to my suprise, the first few times I ran the level I didn't even get a saphire.

Now, I'm not amazing at this game or anything but I had got to a point where I could do this level flawlessly and faster than any other level thus far (usually I try not to die than be as fast as possible)

It took me about 6-7 successful attempts to beat the 1:08.37 time for gold (thus qualifying for trophy), and too be honest I believe this is a very tight time margin for this level, yes yes I know people have done platinum, but from their tutorial videos and my own successful gold run I have found a few "tips" which may be obvious to some but might help anyone struggling with this level.

-1- the circular robots that bob up and down/around (not the bladed ones) can be "spun" away if you feel you are going to hit into them, unless..

-2- in my expereince where 2 of them are beside one and other this is a lot more risky and in many cases the timing of these instances means quickly jumping will "avoid them" anyway.

-3- In my expereince if the run is going "well" the point where you join a backwards L shaped platform and await a transporter moving from the other end, down to a new platform with 2 of the circular bots, if the platform is leaving as I get to it, I take this as my being slow, it should be coming towards just nicely so I can get on it as I arrive (atleast in my experience)

-4- The section after 3, where you jump across multiple platforms then a blade bot, some boxes then 2 more blade bots, I found going as fast as possible is better than waiting for them to move, to do this, I found spining the box before the first blade bot then jumping worked best as jumping on it seemed to take longer until I could jump, similarly the wall of boxes after should be spun very fast until yellow boxes are gone and you can pass through quickly.

At that point jump across the platforms FAST!, if you've done well you should have 1/2 of the tiki mask dude so can risk hitting into one of the bots imo.

-5- After passing the 2 blade bots climb the stairs as fast as possible and from the moving platform jump onto the first stair like platform as soon as you feel you can, imo the 1 second box is too risky due to tnt and not worth the time it will save you imo.

-6- This imo is where a good few seconds are saved, you will be on the top stair and this whole portion follows a large backwards L with a larger square type platform at the end, what I found works is to jump diagonally from the top stair to the middle(ish) of the straight essentially cutting the corner and avoiding first bot, then jumping or running to the end square, at which point you want to jump from this platform to the brass/brown transporter, not the white, just jump over and get it moving asap.

-7- The transporter sequence can't really be sped up imo but after the heat/fire obstacle try and jump to the platform as soon as you feel you can then onto the next one, after this you want to do the next two silver/blue obstacles and jump onto the single square platform as soon as you feel the jump would make it and run jump onto the final large platform, hopefully hitting the yellow box on landing, I found this whole part crucial in saving a good few seconds! after this you obviously get thru the door onto the end ASAP.

OK so thats my lot, again probably useless to the majority of players however I'm sure someone else found gold on this level tricky so there's what worked best for me!

Hope this helps.

Edited by Alkav