Rock Band Rivals Vs Rock Band 4.. Need advice!!

spoonman

Hey guys, I see that Rock Band 4 Rivals Bundle is now on sale on the North American PSN store for $35.

Does this contain the full 100% version of the RB4 disc?

So all of the songs fron the RB4 disc, along with the Rivals DLC?

The reason I ask is because I own the original disc, and I've installed it, but haven't played it yet. For $35 I think it's worth the convenience of not needing the disc and the online mode seems fun.

No, not if you are fine buying the bundle. :p

OK, last question, I promise. :)

I noticed my disc install of Rock Band 4 was over 8GB, but the Rock Band 4 Rivals Bundle says it only requires 3.8GB.

You are positive this will include all of the Rock Band 4 music tracks originally included with the retail disc version?

And in addition, I will be able to import all of the music I would be able to import with the stand alone RB4?

(OK, technically 2 questions).

The description says "Download now and get Rock Band 4 and Rock Band Rivals Expansion Pack, FREE songs and access to future feature updates." 3.78GB Required.

That description is not great! It doesn't really tell you anything about what you are actually getting. "Free songs"?? How many, which ones? That info would be nice to know. Hehe

Edited by spoonman

OK, last question, I promise. :)

I noticed my disc install of Rock Band 4 was over 8GB, but the Rock Band 4 Rivals Bundle says it only requires 3.8GB.

You are positive this will include all of the Rock Band 4 music tracks originally included with the retail disc version?

And in addition, I will be able to import all of the music I would be able to import with the stand alone RB4?

(OK, technically 2 questions).

The description says "Download now and get Rock Band 4 and Rock Band Rivals Expansion Pack, FREE songs and access to future feature updates." 3.78GB Required.

That description is not great! It doesn't really tell you anything about what you are actually getting. "Free songs"?? How many, which ones? That info would be nice to know. Hehe

Based on that description you should be getting the game, I assume they have just based the install size on rivals by itself, as if you bought that bundle you'd get the main game and rivals as separate items in your download list. The data sizes on the store can be pretty inaccurate at times, so that's probably the case here (recent example, Doom shows as 47 GB, it's actually now nearly 80 GB). If you bought it and it didn't include the main game that would be pretty solid grounds to get a refund.

All normal DLC that you may already own works the same, as Rivals itself is a DLC, not a different version of the game.

Rivals includes I believe 20 songs, plus there's been a few more they've released on the store as free DLC that you have to "purchase", as if you were buying individual songs normal but they just don't cost you money, as well as a few more that got patched in. You can probably find a list somewhere around the internet, possible on Harmonix's website as they are really active on their forum about the stuff they do with the game.

Based on that description you should be getting the game, I assume they have just based the install size on rivals by itself, as if you bought that bundle you'd get the main game and rivals as separate items in your download list. The data sizes on the store can be pretty inaccurate at times, so that's probably the case here (recent example, Doom shows as 47 GB, it's actually now nearly 80 GB). If you bought it and it didn't include the main game that would be pretty solid grounds to get a refund.

All normal DLC that you may already own works the same, as Rivals itself is a DLC, not a different version of the game.

Rivals includes I believe 20 songs, plus there's been a few more they've released on the store as free DLC that you have to "purchase", as if you were buying individual songs normal but they just don't cost you money, as well as a few more that got patched in. You can probably find a list somewhere around the internet, possible on Harmonix's website as they are really active on their forum about the stuff they do with the game.

Awesome, thanks!

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I was reading and wanted to add that I maintain a list here on PST of the free Rock Band songs.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/rock-band-2/48679-list-free-rock-band-dlc-songs.html