Game keeps crashing on Australia track (Nambucca)

dna0008

Has anyone has this problem?

Every time I'm on the Nambucca map for the Australia event, it crashes on the last checkpoint.

It did this in WRC-2, which i skipped the event.

and now I'm on WRC-1 .. and it's still crashing.

I also tried reinstalling, and playing patch free. but still crashing

Any ideas?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone has this problem?

Every time I'm on the Nambucca map for the Australia event, it crashes on the last checkpoint.

It did this in WRC-2, which i skipped the event.

and now I'm on WRC-1 .. and it's still crashing.

I also tried reinstalling, and playing patch free. but still crashing

Any ideas?

Same here, crashes in the exact same spot.

Is this the spot? Froze four times in a row for me.

Uninstalled as well. Same problem.

PS3 free version.

[ATTACH]9506[/ATTACH]

I was thinking of doing career mode over, but what if this happens again? So many runs for nothing. This will be a Plat breaker for sure.

Edited by Iceyice

Crashes on same the exact same spot as mine. Last trophy before Platinum is that goddamn Australia one. Stuck at 98% :mad:

Restarted Career and got Australia this time in the WRC-2 season, but it's still freezing... same exact damn spot. Can't seem to get any other weather on Nambucca other than rain, which seems to be what's locking the game.

Crashes on same the exact same spot as mine. Last trophy before Platinum is that goddamn Australia one. Stuck at 98% :mad:

Restarted Career and got Australia this time in the WRC-2 season, but it's still freezing... same exact damn spot. Can't seem to get any other weather on Nambucca other than rain, which seems to be what's locking the game.

I'm pretty close to the Plat myself.

So even restarting doesn't work? That stinks.

Getting all trophies isn't important, but i've sort of wanted to and then concentrate on Dirt 4, but it doesn't seem realistic now.

You can add the German 3rd stage for me. It freezes just before as I enter the chequered section at the end of the progress bar (as I enter a road between two fences). Three in a row on career, so I tried selecting the stage in Quick Mode & it froze on that too. So clearly not the career mode causing the problem.

I reckon I can still win the season if I Give Up on this stage but obviously I need a win this in career ode for the trophy. Not happy!

Haven't tried reinstalling yet, but it seems that this isn't going to work. For those that have, did you install the patch too?

Might be worth trying again before adding the patch, but it seems strange that these crashes are repeatable but not for everyone. Could it be related to the team/car combo?

I think I'll crash & burn on the German one, since I'm 36 points ahead at this point, so I can still won the season. (Hopefully, I can choose another team combo to get the Germany win.) Although, this is my first Germany rally & I've never raced Australia yet, so it's worrying that people have having the crashes on that too. :(

Well, you can add another one to list...

I finished my WRC-2 season this morning by skipping the last race. The only offer for WRC came in for the WRC concept car. I accepted the offer, went to the first event (Monte Carlo), but I cannot start the rally as the game freezes on "team" when trying to scroll right to "start."

Every. Damn. Time.

Hard restart required.

I'll try re-downloading and installing without the patch, but I'm not looking forward to having to start all of this over again.

Edit: Well, that didn't work. Starting over now...

Edited by alesserevil

Do we know if restarting a career gets us past the freeze point? I'd also be curious to know what team everyone was with. Might this be causing the freezing? I was with the Citroen DS Abu Dabi team.

I reinstalled the game last night without the patch. Still froze on the German 3rd stage. So I installed the patch & since I was well ahead on points I Gave Up this & the next day, too. I won the PW stage to get those extra 3 points; they might make all the difference.

So on to Australia only 17 points ahead, so I can't afford to skip another rally. So when the PS3 froze on the GO of the first stage I feared the worst. Another reboot & I sailed through all the Australian stages to win it & get the trophy.

So I'm still on for the WRC win, but I can't face another 3 season to try & get the Germany trophy (& plat'). :mad:

Really feel bad that several of you are having problems with the game. This reminds me of Mafia III troubles with a trophy that was glitched. Not sure why the freezing is happening. I kept sending a message to the devs about the M3 problem and they didn't help. Throw7 came to the rescue there. Hope someone can figure out a way to help you guys out.

First the good news - it seems like you can get past the freezing stage to get the Win trophy.

But the bad News - you'll probably have to play through a whole new career.

You may remember from my previous posts, I've not been able to complete the 3rd stage of the German rally. As I approached the end of my WRC season, I occasionally tried a Quick Stage on this & it always froze at the same place no matter what team/level I chose.

So after I won the WRC I deleted my save & tried Quick Stage again. For the first time I completed the German 3rd stage. So I'm now starting a new season, but unfortunately WR-J doesn't do Germany (or Australia). I think some WRC-2 teams do, but I reckon I'll not be offered a WR2 contract if I don't do well on WR-J. :(

I suppose if I want the plat' I have to d it, so I'll report back if I get it.

Mini update: I'd uploaded my save to the cloud prior to deleting everything. Just downloaded it to my spare PS3 and ... same thing.

:2walls:

Damn. I might try to do the 'give up' thing and hope i have enough points to be WRC 2 champ. Of course, i wouldn't get the Australia trophy, though. I think there is one stage after this freezing one.

Edited by Iceyice

Mini update: I'd uploaded my save to the cloud prior to deleting everything. Just downloaded it to my spare PS3 and ... same thing.

:2walls:

I didn't mention it earlier, but I also had a cloud backup prior to me doing the remaining win trophies, but since I couldn't even finish the stage in Quick Stage I figured something had corrupted in my save file. So I just Gave Up on that stage in my WRC season & made sure I got enough points to win the season.

If a stage is freezing for anyone on a WRC-2 season, I reckon it might be best just to delete the save & start again (maybe backup to USB first?). The stage will likely freeze in the WRC season, too. As I said in my previous post deleting my save now allows me to complete the problem stage, but I have to start a whole new career to get to the German rally.

I can't confirm yet that starting the new career will get me through the problem stage, because I didn't start the new WR-J season last night. Mainly because I couldn't face completing it only to discover I wasn't offered a WRC-2 team that raced in Germany, meaning I'd have to do another full WRC-2 season, too. :whistle:

I tried to resume after 'giving up' ( reminds me of the Tremonti song ) but even after winning the last 2 stages including the PW one, i came in 9th place! How can that be if i won every stage but the one i gave up on? That is crazy.

Anyhow. I start the next rally, forgot the name, but the very next one, i win the stage but it freezes in the results screen!

Then i tried to retrieve my save to the cloud and it tells me i can only use it once every 24 hours!! I forgot the PS3 was strict like that. Needless to say i can't reload until tomorrow. Best bet is to just start over. Problem is with Dirt 4 in the picture i might just put it off for now. The game is still in my PS3 and isn't getting deleted. Maybe if i'm desperate for a Plat as in a Plat drought, i'll resume this. Too much trouble, though.

Is this the spot? Froze four times in a row for me.

Uninstalled as well. Same problem.

PS3 free version.

[ATTACH]9506[/ATTACH]

I was thinking of doing career mode over, but what if this happens again? So many runs for nothing. This will be a Plat breaker for sure.

Yup! Same spot for me as well on the PS3 free version. Froze on me 4 times. I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalled, playing without and with the patch, but nothing works. I came here to see if anyone else was having the same issue with Stage 2 Australia, and I'm sorry to see that some are. I'm with the Motor Sport Team in the WRC event. Any idea anyone?

In the guide it states that the earliest you can obtain the Australia trophy is in WRC 2. Is that correct? I won every race in WRC 2 and came in first over-all, and I did not get the that trophy. The game freezes now in WRC Australia, stage 2, last check-point.

Edited by Investor27

Me too, but only in the third (WRC?) championship it looks like. Because I've beaten the other 2 before and managed to get the Australia trophy without much issues (a freeze here and there).

I tried before the patch, and after the patch - still freezes every time. On the PS3.

I just decided to "give up" this track so I lost the event, but still had way more than enough points to win the championship regardless.

Me too, but only in the third (WRC?) championship it looks like. Because I've beaten the other 2 before and managed to get the Australia trophy without much issues (a freeze here and there).

I tried before the patch, and after the patch - still freezes every time. On the PS3.

I just decided to "give up" this track so I lost the event, but still had way more than enough points to win the championship regardless.

So the Australia one is in the 2nd WRC calendar then? I've beaten all of those races and came in first, and I didn't get that Australia trophy. It's the last one from the stages that I need.

First the good news - it seems like you can get past the freezing stage to get the Win trophy.

But the bad News - you'll probably have to play through a whole new career.

You may remember from my previous posts, I've not been able to complete the 3rd stage of the German rally. As I approached the end of my WRC season, I occasionally tried a Quick Stage on this & it always froze at the same place no matter what team/level I chose.

So after I won the WRC I deleted my save & tried Quick Stage again. For the first time I completed the German 3rd stage. So I'm now starting a new season, but unfortunately WR-J doesn't do Germany (or Australia). I think some WRC-2 teams do, but I reckon I'll not be offered a WR2 contract if I don't do well on WR-J. :(

I suppose if I want the plat' I have to d it, so I'll report back if I get it.

It didn't work for me. I tried deleting the game and the save file and then redownloading the game again. Then I tried the solo quick stage, Australia - the second stage, and it still froze on me. Like everyone else, I'm at a lost and am stuck at 98% trophy completion. I'm just going to give up and move on now. Hopefully, there will be another patch. No wonder why they gave the game away as a free.

Well, I'm getting cheesed off with the game. I only need the German win, so I won the WR-J in a new career, but I only get offered 3 contracts; all WR-J! WTF? I got offered WRC2 last time after I won WR-J & I really can't face doing another WR-J season.

I did upload a save to the cloud before the last rally but annoyingly I can't d/l it back to the PS3 till midnight tonight.

There is a trick to by-pass all those crashes... when the loading screen stops (froze) listen carefully the background... you should listen the crowd yelling, move the d-pad three times to the right and press :cross: two times... you will abort that rally and you will get 0 points but you won't need to restart the whole thing again...

I did this two times and worked great, in the few next rallies I was able to return to the 1st overall place and win the championship...

I'm happy to report that deleting my save & starting a new career worked for me. I had to play through the full WR-J season & do well to ensure I got some WRC-2 contracts. Thankfully I had one that raced on my missing trophy rally (Germany).

Skipping rallies doesn't seem a good idea though. Your team gets really brassed off & don't repair the car well. I ended up running the last rally stuck in 3rd gear & using the handbrake to take most corners. How I won the stage is beyond me, not that I care - platinum the bag.