End of Series

djhmetfan2

No real surprise too be honest - it never really grabbed my kids or me - I think it was too expensive and the platfoming gameplay meant it never went beyond a normal Lego game even with all the extra bells and whistles the base plate brought with it.

I suppose the only good thing of the cancellation is that completists may eventually be able to afford the 100% with the eventual sales that will occur ;)

I suppose it didn't sell that well...

It's a shame because the concept was great. I got the starter pack only and I had a lot of fun playing it. But I decided to not get any of the further add-on packs as it was too expensive to me.

Let's hope there will be a lot of new other LEGO titles to compensate. ;)

Just saw this thread and read the linked article. This is disappointing news. I thought that Dimensions had and still does have great potential. The idea of bringing in any franchise or character to the game was very cool. No doubt the expensive cost of the add-ons was a part of the decision and lead to slow sales. I liked how they were also catering to the parents nostalgia of old franchises, rather than just the kids new ones.

I'm shocked everyone is so surprised...

Skylanders, Infinity, Dimensions, etc. It's all just a cheap idea that is certainly dying out. It worked at first though, and was a major cash grab. I started working at a gaming store when Skylanders were fairly big, and I was shocked at the following it had amassed among the kids.

Personally, I thought it was obnoxious and terrible, though Dimensions does look much better. I can't really talk down on it though, I collected Crazy Bones back in the day - those are ridiculous obnoxious and pointless, haha.

The news doesn't affect me at all though, as I've had no interest in these sorts of games. Hopefully this clears up some room for worthy games taking up sales spots at stores now - I'm sick of all these massive Dimensions, Infinity, and Skylanders sales that do absolutely nothing for me, heh.

• 5 months later...
Looks like the rumors have been confirmed today.

https://twitter.com/LEGODimensions/status/922504239368114176

Just saw this myself on twitter and it’s not a surprise but disappointing. Now I’m stuck with a 100% trophy collection of characters and it’s worth practically nothing at trade and would cost a fortune to ship if I sold it on eBay.

• 4 months later...

WTF I just bought the starter kit, and started to buy the level packs, and find out they've stop making this and no more new packs? Why in the hell did they do this? First Disney infinity and now this. Stick to making this, it's a fun game. Your screwing people out of getting a 100%. So many more sets they can bring out. Maybe with Dimensions 2 if they make one.

WTF I just bought the starter kit, and started to buy the level packs, and find out they've stop making this and no more new packs? Why in the hell did they do this? First Disney infinity and now this. Stick to making this, it's a fun game. Your screwing people out of getting a 100%. So many more sets they can bring out. Maybe with Dimensions 2 if they make one.

It didn't sell well enough and they decided to give up. That's all there is to it. That is the way that the video game industry and any industry works, if you're not making money at some point you cut your losses.

It didn't sell well enough and they decided to give up. That's all there is to it. That is the way that the video game industry and any industry works, if you're not making money at some point you cut your losses.

This^

The "toys-to-life" sub-genre, flooded the marketplace with so many games that players became increasingly disinterested in the whole thing. It didn't take long for the bubble to burst and for developers/publishers to reduce their output and look for other ways to make money from what inventory they already had. Guitar Hero and Rock Band had the exact same issues and they're still suffering from the fallout, to this day.