What are you thoughts?

Gothy

Well, there are lots of threads about people's opinion about this game. Still, I'm gonna answer it here once again.

This game is simply amazing. I did wait quite a while to play it, though when I did I my mind was blown. Being a fan of that type of game, the story did make me emotional, as few things can.

I remember Life is Strange as one of the best stories I have ever experienced.

You are only starting EP3, things start to get wild at the end of it.

I can without a doubt say this is one of the better games that I have played in a long time. Some of the emotions I felt whilst playing this - not expected.

When people told me to give this game a try I was skeptical, mainly due to the fact it was an episodic game not made by TT. Man, glad I tried it.

I enjoyed it but I didn't love it. I think it's an age thing... there are just some emotions experienced by teenagers that I don't get anymore. I found both (or all the characters really) annoying lol

I didn't hate the game but I didn't love it like others did.

Here's a surprise (sarcasm): I think the game is absolutely retarded. Perfect for lil' preteen/teen girls though. I'll never understand the hype and fanbase and why people "love this game so much". But than again I'm a sour asshole who doesn't like anything and probably shouldn't be playing video games.

Edited by TacoNinja

I totally agree with this game looking beautiful n all but the story was 'hella' boring and never really got to me. I ran it on 2 accounts and will play it on ps3 when the price is right because when you simply stick to the objectifs this is a 61 trophy plat in less then 8 hours.

The game itself is well over hyped imo, life is in fact strange in arcadia bay...18yr olds look like 14yr olds which makes the game much less attractive and kinda on the edge of beeing wrong. I bet it has somekinda anti bullying message in it but it's missable.

• 3 weeks later...
I totally agree with this game looking beautiful n all but the story was 'hella' boring and never really got to me. I ran it on 2 accounts and will play it on ps3 when the price is right because when you simply stick to the objectifs this is a 61 trophy plat in less then 8 hours.

The game itself is well over hyped imo, life is in fact strange in arcadia bay...18yr olds look like 14yr olds which makes the game much less attractive and kinda on the edge of beeing wrong. I bet it has somekinda anti bullying message in it but it's missable.

I totally agree! I wondered i was the only one thinking they look like 14yr olds.....and I get what you mean, the pool scene just felt awkward to watch O_0.

Besides that the game felt very tedious to me, unecessary long and boring conversation and also having to play scenes again. I never really felt emotinal and that isnt becuase iam a cold person since i do get emotinal in TT games like "the walking dead". I guess iam not really the audience for this game.

• 2 months later...

The game is really bad and is suitable for new generations people and teenagers as pretty well a member before said in his post. Never liked it, i dont like the characters, is a bad copycat of the GREAT game Heavy Rain, which still remains the one and the best.

I can understand that games like this can be liked by a lot of people, but i grown up in different years, the people were much different and i cant like anything on it.

Only played chapter 1 but the story seems good. The female characters don't look like high school/college students. The girls were more developed in my junior high then in this game. Max from a character stand point didn't really need to be but the popular girls too seems very odd.

Not sure why the characters have no problem standing up to adults but shy away from other students. The dormitory section seemed completely unnecessary.

And it appears this game has won awards for it soundtrack and at times the soundtrack gets on my nerves.

This is how Heavy Rain should've been developed. The QTE's in Heavy Rain is what pissed me off most about that game. The fact that many of the QTE's were inaccurate or badly timed just made the experience more miserable than it had to be.

A game where the story is the main attraction, just like in LiS, should always be about the choices rather than some lame QTE's. Virtue's Last Reward is another episodic style game where the developers got it right - puzzles rather than lame QTE's.

I've always loved adventure games, from the Lucas Arts classics to the newer Telltale games.

I'm about halfway through Episode 2 and I'm thoroughly enjoying the game so far.

Sure, it's annoying when some of the characters use terms like "hella" and "for reals" and other dumb teen speak, but that does little to detract from the overall game for me.

I personally really like the rewind mechanic in the game as I like being able to see the different outcomes with different answers during the conversations. They make it very easy to skip through the dialogue you've already heard too.

Also, people using blanket statements such as the game was only made for the newer generation of gamers and teenagers is absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by Talis26

• 1 month later...

I love this game so much. It's so thought-provoking I could talk about it for hours. This is exactly what I expect from story driven-games: A lot of character interactions, a well-crafted story and freedom of choice. The voice-acting is also stellar, and most of the characters have enough debt to make them interesting, though there are some side characters I would have wanted to know more about (Brooke <3).

But even though I'm a huge fan, I'm not blinded by it. The game does have some flaws. There are some plot holes and unexplained things, and I wont go into detail about those. Also, the endings were really a letdown, and they kind of make you feel that most of the big decisions you made dont mean anything.

That being said, LIS is a must for adventure game fans. Period. If you dont like games that have minimalistic gameplay and heavy emphasis on story, you propably should stay away.

Edited by Turmoil

• 2 weeks later...

My teen days are loooooooong behind me, so when I started the game an hour or so ago the slang and some dialogue was pretty horrible. Not in a badly written way, but in a 'I'm too old to have the mind and speak like a teen' kind of way. Plus I think Twilight gave every adult the right to assume that all teens are now crap and that older peeps are awesome :D

Just completed the first episode and very much enjoying it. I thought Telltale games did a good job in how your choices actually do matter, but for me this steps it up a notch. Whether I feel the same way by the end is another matter, but if I had only bought the first episode I would have definitely been excited for episode 2 to be released. As it stands I have the full game thanks to PS+ so I'll dive right in after some serious Friday food intake :D

• 5 weeks later...

Just finished this game. It was very easy to play, although a bit tricky at times as the camera had to be just right to be prompted with an action. I liked the play-style (choices that alter the experience) and while I don't regret playing it, as it kept me entertained, I would only recommend it to others with caution.

As a HUGE fan of Heavy Rain this one was similar as in choice making but can't compare to it in much else. HR is far more superior and I wish there was another like it.

The characters can be annoying and I think the actors could have done better with voice-over. Although it was MUCH better than Until Dawn. (another game I enjoyed but was HELLA annoyed by characters)

If you're looking for an easy plat, play it. I only played it because it was free on PSN one month. Didn't take long. Knowing what I know, I would play it again to earn a plat.

• 4 months later...

Heard about this game for a couple of years, finally got around to playing it. A few thoughts:

1) For those who say this isn't a clone of TellTale - it is. Just like TellTale, your choices in NO WAY affect the story. They only affect what people say to you along the way. Occasionally, a small scene may be skipped because of choices, but it is essentially the precise same game no matter what you choose.

2) With all due respect to those in high school... high school is not the cliched drama-fest that books, movies, and TV would have us believe. This game takes every high school cliche in existence and squeezes it into about 15 kids. It's aggravating to see the reinforced stereotypes. And despite everybody in the game claiming disdain for hipster douchebags - EVERY kid in this game is a hipster douchebag. Also... why are there 19-year-olds at this high school? Were they all held back?

3) Chloe needs to just shut the hell up. I cringed every single time Chloe talked. Her overuse of hyperbole and extremely outdated slang was ridiculous, and her attitude made her a constant sh*t-head. I was not at all broken up at choosing to sacrifice Chloe at the end. I'm told that the prequel is Chloe-centric - I can promise I will not be playing that game.

Edited by MrMinderbinder

• 3 months later...

I didn't mind this game, but wasn't as good as I expected. There was more 'gameplay' than in a TT game but it was still slow and repetitive, with little sense I was actually affecting the story.

I got bored of inspecting every little thing, reading all the journals etc., which meant missing a lot of development of the side characters. My fault, I know, but I wasn't drawn into the world. I recently played Tales from the Borderlands, which I think had stronger emotional scenes despite being a comedy and didn't require me to inspect a thousand mundane objects to add nuance to the story.

The main narrative was fairly interesting. I grew to like Max and Chloe by the end and I liked their voice acting. It was worth a play as a "free" playstation plus game, but it's not one I would warmly recommend, and I'm definitely not racing out to play the sequel/DLC/whatever it is.

The story and setting of Life Is Strange captures the essence of early adulthood with social tensions, making for meaningful choices. It sets the stage for later conflict, foreshadowing the storm to come, and informing you of a young local woman gone missing. At the same time, the game makes everyone look like a guilty party. However, Life Is Strange's most important drama is the one developing in Max's own mind.

Chloe and Max's relationship becomes beautiful, believable, with many emotional high points. There are also excellent world-building opportunities through environmental exploration. The story and dialogue aren't perfect. But, it shows ambition and heart. The overall concept and execution was done well. It even made me feel nostalgic for a time in my life long past. I can't think of many other games that have become what this was for me.

• 2 years later...