mcolwander90

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/4/2017 at 11:31 PM, mcolwander90 said:

So I finally got the trophy and from the experience that I got I think I can explain how these trophy can be tackled.The times that the Giant nevis appear aren't random, they follow a specific logic:

• 0 to 5 stars, is a "normal" zone
  • 6 stars, Storm appears
  • 7 stars, giant Nevi

The stars are related to time, so if in your time is zone it's 9 am/9:00 and the zone that you want has 0 stars, to get make the stars go up you need to change time or just the hours. For example, if you change for a time +6 hours your zone will have 3 to 4 stars and if you keep on changing the time zone the stars will go up and if you pass the wanted number of stars, you just need to make decrease the time that you have.

It's like the stars are connect to specific path of time, if it starts at time than it will increment until it reaches the giant nevi, and starts all over again and most importantly these stars appear at the same time in each time zone. In the case the giant nevi appears at 10pm/22:00 in Samoa(+13), it will appear in GMT at 10pm/22:00 and in all the other time zones at 10pm/22:00.

In my last zone, the candle zone, I reach the Storm (6 stars) at time zone +13 with the time 6 am/6:00 but the giant nevi only appear when I changed the hours to 8pm/20:00. The gaps may change from zone to zone.

I hope this may help future trophy hunters and If you have any question, feel to free to ask, I may have miss some important info in this post.

This doesn't work, by the way. I've tried moving my clock forward several times. Hours, minutes, days, and nothing changes. I tried doing it while the game was running, as well as closing the app each time and nothing affected it.

Frustrating as all hell because I waited all day for my last giant nevi. Checked at 6pm, 8pm, 10pm, 12am, and 1:30am. It only went from 5 to 6 stars in that entire timeframe. Then, of course, I go to sleep for work and check on my lunch break and its gone from 6 to 0 stars. At this rate it is currently on a 5-6 (or more) hour timer per star and I won't be able to fight it until tomorrow night sometime, probably late as hell into the night. I'll have to keep checking every few hours to make sure I don't miss it. Stupid mechanic for a stupid game, I can't believe how awful this game was when I enjoyed the first one.

Anyways, hope someone sees this and doesn't waste time like me. I'm glad it is at least mentioned in the PST guide to keep looking for them but the fact that you can't even begin spawning it until 30 hours into the game is bullshit. 

Edited by AerisFlowerGirl
  • Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 2:11 PM, AerisFlowerGirl said:

This doesn't work, by the way. I've tried moving my clock forward several times. Hours, minutes, days, and nothing changes. I tried doing it while the game was running, as well as closing the app each time and nothing affected it.

Frustrating as all hell because I waited all day for my last giant nevi. Checked at 6pm, 8pm, 10pm, 12am, and 1:30am. It only went from 5 to 6 stars in that entire timeframe. Then, of course, I go to sleep for work and check on my lunch break and its gone from 6 to 0 stars. At this rate it is currently on a 5-6 (or more) hour timer per star and I won't be able to fight it until tomorrow night sometime, probably late as hell into the night. I'll have to keep checking every few hours to make sure I don't miss it. Stupid mechanic for a stupid game, I can't believe how awful this game was when I enjoyed the first one.

Anyways, hope someone sees this and doesn't waste time like me. I'm glad it is at least mentioned in the PST guide to keep looking for them but the fact that you can't even begin spawning it until 30 hours into the game is bullshit. 

Thanks for letting me know! I'll see what I can do about properly updating it as best I can! :) Tough when I don't have the game haha. This was the most annoying trophy, so I struggled to find something that work. Went through a hundred different theories, and what I wrote was what worked for me, so forgive me! :o

EDIT: @Terminator I did finally get around to updating this. Primarily the paragraph above the quoted text to clarify it's a potential method rather than a certain one. I think it's the best I can do in this situation.

Edited by mcolwander90
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 2:27 AM, mcolwander90 said:

Thanks for letting me know! I'll see what I can do about properly updating it as best I can! :) Tough when I don't have the game haha. This was the most annoying trophy, so I struggled to find something that work. Went through a hundred different theories, and what I wrote was what worked for me, so forgive me! :o

EDIT: @Terminator I did finally get around to updating this. Primarily the paragraph above the quoted text to clarify it's a potential method rather than a certain one. I think it's the best I can do in this situation.

Cool, I'll update the Main Site version in a bit :).

• Like 1