Xander45

Rate the Trophy Difficulty  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Trophy Difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i.imgur.com/74xm7SB.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I'd say it's a high 6.

Don't be fooled by the cutesy art style, because this is a surprisingly hardcore Metroidvania! Your warrior nun protagonist is on a suicidal quest to purify the cursed land, by slapping demons with a giant maple leaf (really), and she's incredibly fragile above normal difficulty, so every movement and attack should be deliberate. The trial and error nature of this game was very off-putting to me early on, but I eventually adjusted, and had a pretty good time in the long run.

In order to earn the "Don't even try this" trophy for finishing the game on Insane mode, you basically have to defeat the bosses without getting hit, which isn't for the faint of heart (I posted a thread with some information here, in the event it's helpful to anyone). Relying on the bow to stay out of harm's way whenever possible is paramount, and making proper use of the powerful items you're rewarded with by no-hit killing bosses is practically necessary for survival in the late game.

Apparently, this is actually the 4th Momodora title, serving as a prequel to the others. Unfortunately, most of them never came to mainstream platforms, which is too bad, since it seems like a decent series. Their newest game, Minoria, is supposed to be a spiritual sequel to Momodora, and it looks good. Might pick it up someday!