Online Boosting Thread (Read First Post!)

SilverClock

***THIS TOPIC IS ABANDONED BY THE THREAD CREATOR***

****GROUP CLOSED*****

I want to try adding many people and sending a big group quick challenges with easy times to beat.

There's a send to all friends button and it would be efficient to spend 1 minute and sending it out to many friends all at once to all reap the benefits. Once I get more people I can more easily ascertain what the limit on tokens is and why we are getting 0 tokens from some challenges and then a few minutes later getting rewarded from another.

Once we have enough people I will send four challenges out to everyone at once for easy points for you as I will throw the match.

After that I want everyone to contribute and add each other and send out 2-4 challenges themselves (I recommend the first sliding challenge) all with easy times to beat, at least until it becomes apparent where the limit is whether it be on a per hour or per friend basis.

Resetting your game may be required for you to be able to send a challenge to a newly added friend.

Edited by SilverClock

What are the online required trophies ?

i would like to know too, i've read there is a few furniture pieces and a costume tied to the dusty tokens, what a farce to put this rubbish in this game, not happy about it.

first game did without the online and the 2nd game they had to force it in there.

maybe i will create a topic and see if anyone knows what else is tied to online.

i'll backup this post and just create a new topic if this gets deleted.

What are the online required trophies ?

i would like to know too

There aren't any. You can get some furniture, outfits, and emotes from dusty tokens, but none of it is required to get the plat. As far as I'm aware you can completely ignore the online stuff if you don't want to do any of it.

I'm going to get someone to change the thread title, because calling it "trophy boosting" is just confusing.

There aren't any. You can get some furniture, outfits, and emotes from dusty tokens, but none of it is required to get the plat. As far as I'm aware you can completely ignore the online stuff if you don't want to do any of it.

I'm going to get someone to change the thread title, because calling it "trophy boosting" is just confusing.

ah good so glad to hear that, so i can ignore all the online content then?

Can 100% confirm that the game does not always tell you via notification that someone found a treasure chest using your photo, or that someone reviewed your photo. I went up 20 points for seemingly no reason, except that my "Placed Treasures Found" statistic went up by 1. (I knew that it did because I wrote it down.)

This explains the random jumps in points.

And for the record, I never put the title as trophy boosting. Someone changed it and added a post about it under my name. I'm completely new to these boards so I just went along with it.

EDIT: ...????? Someone stickied this?!? XD This is not sticky material, although I appreciate the gesture. Once I figure everything out maybe but not now. Can someone unsticky this and change the title back please?

Edited by SilverClock

ah good so glad to hear that, so i can ignore all the online content then?

You can yes. It's fairly well implemented IMO and you get stuff out of it (the treasure hunts give items and gems) so they're worth doing if they pop up.

EDIT: ...????? Someone stickied this?!? XD This is not sticky material, although I appreciate the gesture. Once I figure everything out maybe but not now. Can someone unsticky this and change the title back please?

It's fine being stickied. Others can find people to boost the challenges with if they want, or just to add people do send challenges and stuff too.

Hello everyone. Please, add me in friends and send easy challenge for me that I may win. Now I have 3598 Dusty tokens but with your help I would have more! This will help to learn faster about costume Shifter 1.0 and other rewards!

My PSN: Kawaii_Agro

I personally do not think this thread is sticky material yet. The information regarding the method is not complete. Someone also changed the title that changes the purpose of what I had in mind. I was only looking for a few people to test this out, not make it into a mass recruitment topic for anyone and everyone. People will come in expecting a proven established method, when it's not. I mean it's my thread...:/ Please?

I am 100% willing to write up something worthy of a sticky when I get there, but I'm not there yet.

Played a challenge just now where I faced off against three others. I'm guessing they all sent the same challenge. One of them wasn't intent on losing on purpose, a user named duplucky, who also did not throw the race in another challenge. Anyway, I beat the other two but only got 20 tokens for the race, and not 20 for each.

I see that one of the challenges I sent for the sliding race was too fast even though I tried to lose on purpose(Salty something), sorry about that.

What is the preferred challenge to send? Customer service? The first battle challenge?

Edited by Tales

I will check and make sure that the group is sending challenges to each individual person and not all friends as a whole. If this still happens, we may have an issue. I will look into it, thank you.

Due to my thread being stickied, the topic renamed, and a post made under my name that I did not make, all against my wishes or consent, I am abandoning this thread and website. Similar threads of mine with the most updated information can be found on GameFAQs and reddit. Should you wish to recruit friends here for your own purposes you may do so but I will not have any part of it. Best wishes.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I want to get all the Dusty Token unlockables before the servers close next year, thus I'd like someone to send me some easy challenges to complete :). I'll send some challenges in return :).

PSN ID: HuntingFever

EDIT: Please don't send me anymore Friend Requests, because I've now got all the online stuff done. I will still occasionally send out challenges out for the people who have sent Friend Requests :).

Edited by Terminator
Update.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just letting people know here that we're a group helping each other out in getting Dusty Tokens. If you still need tokens or just want to help others out, feel free to join us. PSN community is called "Dusty token farming 2.0" and there's a thread over at GameFAQs with instructions and whatnot.

Make sure you are at least at Chapter 2 and the city of Jirga Para Lhao so that you have access to the Challenge Mission "Time Limit Battle I". Kill just one enemy and send the challenge to those on your friends list who have the game open. When you receive a challenge, end it with a draw so both players get tokens. Limit 1 challenge per friend per day.

Please also keep everyone you add here on your friend list until the service shuts down on January 18/19. You can prune them off after that. You can also set up a custom list under your friend list settings to keep track.